Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Quick Reply
    #1765254 - 07/31/03 06:55 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Please..... I don't normally beg, but I will if necessary.....

Kill off the Quick Reply.

It would be one thing to have it if those who use it would only put in the name of whomever the post is directed to.... sadly, few do that leading to confusing (minorly) threads.

I would shed no tears if it vanished, never to re-appear.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Quick Reply [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1765276 - 07/31/03 07:05 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don?t know if you noticed, but there is a button "Quick Reply" in your post.
If I use this button, then the correct person is being addressed.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1765293 - 07/31/03 07:10 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This post was created by using Quick Reply.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Quick Reply [Re: Anno]
    #1765366 - 07/31/03 07:34 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

So was this one, I know how to use it just fine.

Unfortunately, most do not.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1765376 - 07/31/03 07:39 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I guess I see it this way, people seem to use the quick reply because they either don't wish to, or are to lazy to scroll back up to click on reply, or quick reply, next to the user name they are replying to. As a result they just fill in the quick reply field at the bottom, which then by default replies to the previous poster whether or not that is indeed the person they wish to reply to.

You and I, and I'm sure many others know how. Too many do not, leading to "did you mean to reply to me"?.... type questions, and "I never said that" responses.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1765462 - 07/31/03 08:30 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Why not remove the quick reply box (which I am typing in now) from the bottom of the page and put it in a popout window created when the user clicks 'quick reply'?

Seems to be an easy change... just some javascript... and would fix the problem?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Quick Reply [Re: Seuss]
    #1765467 - 07/31/03 08:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

While that would work, if you've taken the time to scroll back up to do so, you could just as easily hit reply.

Just get rid of it altogether.

--------------------

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
    #1765635 - 07/31/03 10:07 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

luvdemshrooms VS Quick Reply, round one!  :cool:

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Quick Reply [Re: Meph]
    #1765667 - 07/31/03 10:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with luvdemshrooms on this one, but I am afraid that QReply is going to win the battle...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleBrainFarmer
Farmicist

Loc: lounging betwixt lobes...
Re: Quick Reply [Re: luvdemshrooms] * 1
    #1765674 - 07/31/03 10:26 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

oh comeon!  is that the best you can do today?  i know you love to bitch, but at least bitch about something worthwhile.  geez...  :tongue:

Quote:

While that would work, if you've taken the time to scroll back up to do so, you could just as easily hit reply.

and wait 45 seconds for the reply page to load?  no thanx

peace-
BF

--------------------
Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate Bodhisvah

Formula: 0

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1768503 - 08/01/03 06:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

PLEASE!!!!!

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #1772473 - 08/02/03 09:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

naw I think we should inculde something about proper use of the quick reply somewhere.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Quick Reply [Re: gdman]
    #1772516 - 08/02/03 09:48 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Write it up, I?ll stick it in the FAQ.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1772792 - 08/02/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Anno said:

Actually, I think this idea from a few posts up would be the best bet...

Why not remove the quick reply box (which I am typing in now) from the bottom of the page and put it in a popout window created when the user clicks 'quick reply'?

Seems to be an easy change... just some javascript... and would fix the problem?

--------------------

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1772867 - 08/02/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Quick Reply [Re: matts]
    #1773069 - 08/02/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

matts said:
That would be stupid, that would require me to open a new browser window. It would defeat the purpose of the quick reply.

Well, seeing as the quick reply in it's current form is more an irritation than anything, just bag it all together.

--------------------

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1773149 - 08/02/03 02:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Quick Reply [Re: matts]
    #1773410 - 08/02/03 04:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

OK

--------------------

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1773638 - 08/02/03 06:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

How about a check box at the quick reply,
"Reply to thread creator" vs "Reply to the last poster".

Or a drop down box of posters on the page.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #1776771 - 08/03/03 09:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Anno said:

LMAO! *chortle* *snort* *snort* As if people actually read the FAQ! :grin:

I think we should abolish quick reply, as it destroys the context of the sub-threads, and is generally the bane of my existence!

PS: Anno, and if you side with me on this one, then I'll vote to make the FAQ a "splash screen" whenever someone posts! One hand washes the other... :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]