Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Yesterday at Noon, Friday Aug 1, 03 Latest Shroom Sightings
    #1771755 - 08/02/03 12:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Okay, here area few Buffalo at one of the Buffalo Arenas on Koh Samui.

So since all of the Copelandia had about disappeared due to no monsoon for three days, I got on my motorcycle and road about 1 kilometer behind the arena into the grove of coconut trees. Saw this lhouse on the way through the grove.

So as I traveled along the sandy tail through the coconut grove I found these two lone Copelandia shrooms growing in a pile of decomposed manure along the bike trail.

There were more spcimens along the trail but they were sandy up and down their stems. Th caps were golden as in gold caps but not like the new speices i discovered last week. Here is one shot of those Copes.

After another 1/4 kilometer I saw this house in the distance, parked my bike along the trail and began to wander around in these tall clumps of grasses throughout the area, not noticing anything. And then I saw two shrooms (cubies) with the red house in the background.

Got down deep into the earth with my Nikon coolpix 4300 and attached the tripod and took this image.

Here is the second shroom picked and held in my hand. Sorry the coconut trees blurred.

It was at this point in my adventure that I was suddenly approached by a Samui Cattle tender who just happen to have a giant machete in his hand and was approaching me at a slow pace.

I showed hm my credentials from the University and he immediately walked around from me in several directions to variious large clumps of grass, telling me 'hed kee kwai, hed kee kwai.' And then he assisted in helping me cut grass to photograph the various shrooms he had earlier in the morning noticed in his yard.

Here is one of manyimages I took of my new found friend.

I even offerred tio tip hinm a stipend for his asistance and he refused with a smile aand wished me well in Thai,. He spoke only a few english words.

Here is Kun Vi Chai.

And now some of the shrooms I later collected alone. Only one big problem was that when i laid down on the ground to photograph these beauties I was invaded by about ten thousand carpener ants who litterally bit the shit out of my skin, my neck, in my ears , up my shrorts to you know where or do not whant to know where and here I was leaping and junping arond like a rabbit in heat and no one to take a picture of my shroom ritual ant dance. They too were eating onthe shrooms. Some had bites on the edges of the caps. Anyway enjoy these new images.

And anotehr shot of my new found shroom assistant, He returned after about 45 minutes to assist me in cutting grass so I could photograph the shrooms.

And here is a small collection from his yard in the middle of the coconut grove.

And again may all of you have a shroomy day,

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealantis
Loc: Pearland Texas
Re: Yesterday at Noon, Friday Aug 1, 03 Latest Shroom Sighti [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1771775 - 08/02/03 12:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Very nice pics

--------------------
Sippin on lean and puffin on the light green

OfflineKingBolete
enthusiast

Loc: Gulf Coast
Re: Yesterday at Noon, Friday Aug 1, 03 Latest Shroom Sighti [Re: alantis]
    #1772298 - 08/02/03 07:09 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey there,

Heheh...I can just picture you jumping around like a wild man trying to get those ants of of yourself. I hope they do not leave too many bite marks. Ant bites can fester quickly. It is amazing the quantity of wild cubes and diversity of their locale on that small island.

I went and looked at your camera online.  I can see why you might be having some issues. It has so many features it is easy to get confused. With twelve scene modes, 5 area multi/autofocus modes, etc., using this camera will take some time on your part to learn each function fully, especially how each area of a specific scene is focused by the camera.  When in auto mode be sure you get the green AF light after depressing the shutter button halfway before you take the image. It does focus on the area that is in the center of the viewfinder. You are probably just going to have to get the feel for the autofocus system and how it relates to the field of view in the viewfinder. Nice camera but fairly complex. You could have easily spent a week learning how to use it before you went to Thailand.

The fifth picture down is particularly good with the sun reflecting off the cap.
Real nice!!

Best regards,

King Bolete :mushroom2:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Yesterday at Noon, Friday Aug 1, 03 Latest Shroom Sighti [Re: KingBolete]
    #1772320 - 08/02/03 07:31 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Very nice pics, keep it up.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Yesterday at Noon, Friday Aug 1, 03 Latest Shroom Sightings [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1772335 - 08/02/03 07:40 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

It was at this point in my adventure that I was suddenly approached by a Samui Cattle tender who just happen to have a giant machete in his hand and was approaching me at a slow pace.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too bad about the ants! Youch!

What a great shroom voyage... :eyemouth: 

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
Re: Yesterday at Noon, Friday Aug 1, 03 Latest Shroom Sightings [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1772618 - 08/02/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Question for you Mj.
Do the people of Thailand actually use magic mushrooms for recreational purposes? Also,do they have a history of ritual or medicinal use of psilocybes?

Great photos,BTW :thumbup:

doo

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

Offlineovergrow
persistant one

Loc: S.Louisiana
Re: Yesterday at Noon, Friday Aug 1, 03 Latest Shroom Sightings [Re: doo]
    #1773536 - 08/02/03 05:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

woooooo!!! reminds me of my explorations!!
booooyaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Invisiblesubterranean
Peaceful Warrior
Loc: on the road
Re: Yesterday at Noon, Friday Aug 1, 03 Latest Shroom Sightings [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1773610 - 08/02/03 06:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

nice pictures mj!! thanks.

do you blame the ants??? i'd be biting the heck out of you as well if you were taking my magic :-)

--------------------
If you got one foot in yesterday
And one foot in tomorrow
You are pissin' all over today

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Yesterday at Noon, Friday Aug 1, 03 Latest Shroom Sightings [Re: doo]
    #1773885 - 08/02/03 08:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

No the people of Thailand usually do not now or never have used the magic shrooms (hed kee kwai=Mushroom which appears after buffalo shits).

PF cpirse no one knows for sure since most history past 2000 YEars is easily recorded or found concerning them.

Thai prostitudes sometimes aree induced by their tourista dates to partake of shrooms, ganja and/or x, expecialy duyring the full moon festival.

And some young Thais might try them. All samui know them as do most of the coastal resorts on both the Andaman sea side of Thailand/Burma (Phukey, Koh Peepee, Krabbi, etc) and in the Gulf of Thailand from Cha-am, Hua-Hin, Samui to Koh Samet on the east of the Gulf of Thaiand.

They aea also know of in eastern Bangkopk where the muslims opwn all the local cattle and in the north of Lanna Thai (Burma/ to Changmai to Cambodia.

mj

Offlineaminitaman
FUK THAGOVERNMENT,IMSMOKIN' BLUNTSAND LOVIN' IT

Loc: Tha BlueGrass State,Kentu...
    #1774260 - 08/02/03 10:16 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome pic's,very nice pickings!Wish i were there to help pick'em,lol!Peace
HappyHunting---

--------------------
its tha big parafenizzle
with tha big mushroomizzle
ya gotta know its off tha hizzle

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract