Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Dessicant, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAmericaNightmare
fiend

Loc: The Hyacinth House
major bummer...now what do I do about it...
    #1771376 - 08/02/03 12:08 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, my whole terrium got tipped, head over heels...8 cakes inside, all thrown tilly nilly (strange expression)...I was so angry I could kill a man...specifically myself. So on the cakes (some EQ, some BR, some B+) there were mushrooms that had almost opened...but now thier done, they broke off, so thier drying now...but, to ensure I get hopefully another good flush, that I can print from, I brushed them off then put them in a water/H2o2 dunk...was this the right thing to do? please help, Im also happy with any other suggestions to try to bring this batch back to glory! thanks!

--------------------
Now, if I accept Jesus into my heart, I'll get to walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Did you hear what I said? Walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Well, kiss my crippled ass. God is listening. What a crock of shit.
--Lieutenant Dan

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
Re: major bummer...now what do I do about it... [Re: AmericaNightmare]
    #1771389 - 08/02/03 12:13 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

sorry to hear about the accident. i would take the shrooms that fell off and fan-dry them immediately (then use a dessicant to finish them off). for the cakes, dunking with h20/h2o2 sounds like a good solution to get them clean. if they fell only in the perlite i'd imagine they'd be fine, maybe bruised. however if they hit the floor you'll have more of a problem, but there is still hope. good luck bro!

OfflineAmericaNightmare
fiend

Re: major bummer...now what do I do about it... [Re: houshroom]
    #1771396 - 08/02/03 12:15 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

yea, I performed a search and rescue operation and retrieved all the shrooms from the rubble... the shrooms immediatly went the the drying spot, their under a fan with dessicant and all that...and the cakes

--------------------
Now, if I accept Jesus into my heart, I'll get to walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Did you hear what I said? Walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Well, kiss my crippled ass. God is listening. What a crock of shit.
--Lieutenant Dan

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1771429 - 08/02/03 12:29 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Actually, when shrooms fall off, sometimes you can just put them on top of a cake -- esxpecially if there's fluffy myc growth there -- and they'll keep growing.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Anonymous

#1771440 - 08/02/03 12:33 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Did they fall on the floor or just rattled round the ter.?
H202 sounds alright, if they fell onto the floor dawgs would have gone for a bleach dunk. If your really worried bleach dunk, incubate, and case. It's like a fresh start in life :wink: 

OfflineAmericaNightmare
fiend

Re: major bummer...now what do I do about it... [Re: ]
    #1771708 - 08/02/03 02:29 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

no hitting the floor, rattled around in the ter...perhaps i will case them...its such a bummer though, they had the nicest fruits, i was gonna get a bunch of prints off em...oh well, just try again...thanks for the tips!

--------------------
--Lieutenant Dan

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Dessicant, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation