Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: If (Gore / Nader) had won...? [Re: danelectro]
    #1772226 - 08/02/03 08:02 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

danelectro said:
Maybe I'm just imagining things but didn't Gore tecnnically win the election, (Electoral College, because the average man kind vote right)

The Constitution and pre-existing election laws say no.

The Supreme Court merely upheld them.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: If (Gore / Nader) had won...? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1772232 - 08/02/03 08:07 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

124 people in 18 months at an average of about 7 people a month?

That seems kind of low doesn't it?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: If (Gore / Nader) had won...? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1772250 - 08/02/03 08:22 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
124 people in 18 months at an average of about 7 people a month?

That seems kind of low doesn't it?

Well, while the stats aren't mine, I'll say no it doesn't.

People have a tendancy to remember the bad news.

Perhaps you've heard the saying...
"Dog bites man" isn't news, "man bites dog" is? I think that applies here in that if there are no stories of people being killed few give it a thought. Besides the link is for non-combatents. (kids)

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1772260 - 08/02/03 08:34 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Well then, after looking at your statistics I would have to say that Israel is only a little worse than Palestinian terrorists.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: If (Gore / Nader) had won...? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1772359 - 08/02/03 09:57 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Heh, Gore still looks like Rambo compared to shrub.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1772616 - 08/02/03 12:57 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

danelectro said:
Maybe I'm just imagining things but didn't Gore tecnnically win the election, (Electoral College, because the average man kind vote right)

Actually, since it was a case having to do with Florida law, the U.S. Supreme Court technically did not have jurisdiction over that case, and the Florida Supreme Court's decision should have been respected.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: If (Gore / Nader) had won...? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1772741 - 08/02/03 02:29 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't say Gore would be sucking up to the Taliban, I think he'd do a Clinton-type missile strike and call it even, not send in ground troops.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1772765 - 08/02/03 02:42 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Actually, since it was an election for a federal office, which had it's own deadline, they did.

--------------------

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
    #1773963 - 08/02/03 10:35 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

danelectro said:

Bullshit. As you are so fond of saying, show me where in the Constitution and/or election law it says that a contested election may be rendered moot by judicial order.

And to boot, there was no "time frame" for deciding the election.

The US Supreme Court called a halt to the recounting of the Florida ballots at 2:30 pm on a Saturday afternoon, after Gore began to pick up votes during said recount. The reason for this?

2 of the Supreme Court justices had already announced their intention to retire in the next few years. Had Gore won, then a Democrat would have appointed the 2 new justices, swinging the Supreme Court political balance from a 6-3 conservative slant to a 5-4 moderate-liberal slant. Since they could not allow this to happen, and were not particularly excited (or willing) to serve for another 4, or even 8 years, the only logical step was to call a halt to the (legal - and necessary) recount of the Florida ballots, thereby assuring a Republican in the white house, Republican (conservative - and with Bush, likely right wing Christian-conservative) Supreme Court appointees, and a beautiful retirement in sunny northern Arizona.

Where they would, of course, have to pay almost no taxes.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: If (Gore / Nader) had won...? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1777481 - 08/04/03 07:06 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I'll respond nicely....Maybe you can practice the same?

Say things that aren't ignorant and I'll consider it.

Quote:

1. Do you draw a big line between intentionally targetting civilians, as the Palestinians do, and not really caring how many you kill, as Israel does?

First you'd have to prove that they do this but I bet you i could prove that the palastinians kill civilians.

Quote:

The Palestinians kill MANY fewer innocent bystanders than Israel does. This is a FACT.

source?

Quote:

2. WHO says the situation in Afghanistan is better than it is now? Certainly not the PEOPLE WHO ARE THERE. The people in the streets chanting, "Bring Back the Taliban.

Quite watching the BBC and do a little reading. To even suggest otherwise is pure ignorance...

Quote:

About the kids...What the "fook" I'm talking about is your hatred of ANY domestic aid programs.

Hatred for domestic aid? Give me an example. I'm not real happy with social programs but why not give me an example of my hate. (as a side note you don't see me starting threads aboot my hate for people)

Quote:

When I was in school, I lived with my mom. She worked, but couldnt afford lunch for me at school. So the GOVERNMENT paid for it. The Shelter I work at used to get nearly 50% of its funding from the government, now we get less than 20. The point I'm trying to make is that there are good ways to spend your money to help others.

If you've ever read anyones posts from the right, and i'm beginning to question that you have, you'll notice they say those that truley need it deserve the help. I don't know your situation and i have no reason to believe you so i'll just keep it at that.

Quote:

EVERYONE who needs help isnt lazy, stupid, or worthless.

Get your head out of your ass again and find ONE instance that i've ever said that they were. Quit making shit up.

Quote:

So where do you draw the line? What if the last fucking dolphin in the world lived in the ocean of your beachfront property, but you wanted to dump raw sewage...

WTF? I live in Michigan and that bastard would die before getting here. Who is pro raw sewage dumping here? You're starting to just make things up. If there is one left the species are pretty much fucked anyway.

Quote:

Do you have the right? I'm sure YOU say you do

WTF?

Quote:

But I dont see how your right to fuck up the environment impacts the right of another species to live...

get yer head out of your ass again...I probably contribute more to cleaning up the environment than you do.

Quote:

I mean...what the fuck kind of place do you want to live in?

i want to live in a place were people don't make up scenerios in their head to satisfy their whining libbie emotional side. How can i respond to any of your posts when you make things up. If i were as ignorant as some and read your posts i would assume that I would be all for dumping weapons grade plutonium in the water infested with Manatees...

Quote:

? Is your ideal world a place where everyoen just does whatever the fuck they want? With NO regard for how it impacts others?

see above.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1777483 - 08/04/03 07:09 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I'm so sick of this shit about how Al Gore would be sucking up to the Taliban and shit! His name's not Rainbow Gore, not Sunshine Gore, it's Al Gore, the guy who fought in Vietnam and supported the wars that Clinton waged.

I still feel he's be hiding under the desk, Vietnam or not....

Quote:

Do you really think he's that much of a dove?

yes

Quote:

He's smart enough to know that there would be public outcry to find and kill the ones who perpetrated it.

perhaps, however i still think he would be worse.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: If (Gore / Nader) had won...? [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1777507 - 08/04/03 07:32 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

And to boot, there was no "time frame" for deciding the election.

Sorry but there is a federal election law deadline.
Link

TITLE 3 > CHAPTER 1 > Sec. 1.
Sec. 1. - Time of appointing electors

The electors of President and Vice President shall be appointed, in each State, on the Tuesday next after the first Monday in November, in every fourth year succeeding every election of a President and Vice President

And a Florida deadline.
Link

102.111 Elections Canvassing Commission.--
(1) Immediately after certification of any election by the county canvassing board, the results shall be forwarded to the Department of State concerning the election of any federal or state officer. The Governor, the Secretary of State, and the Director of the Division of Elections shall be the Elections Canvassing Commission. The Elections Canvassing Commission shall, as soon as the official results are compiled from all counties, certify the returns of the election and determine and declare who has been elected for each office. In the event that any member of the Elections Canvassing Commission is unavailable to certify the returns of any election, such member shall be replaced by a substitute member of the Cabinet as determined by the Director of the Division of Elections. If the county returns are not received by the Department of State by 5 p.m. of the seventh day following an election, all missing counties shall be ignored, and the results shown by the returns on file shall be certified.

And another view of the Florida fiasco...
Link

Quote:

2 of the Supreme Court justices had already announced their intention to retire in the next few years.

Actually, none have announced any intention of retireing.

--------------------

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
    #1777846 - 08/04/03 12:04 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

The electors of President and Vice President shall be appointed, in each State, on the Tuesday next after the first Monday in November, in every fourth year succeeding every election of a President and Vice President

If you'll notice, you'll find that this date refers to the date of the elections, not any arbitrary date by which disputes over the results of said elections must be resolved.

Quote:

And a Florida deadline.
Link

Yes - but even in your articles, it pionts out that the actions of the Florida Supreme Court, the Florida Secretary of State, and the Federal Supreme Court were without precedent.  The results of the election - not the wherabouts of the ballots - were under contest; these articles barely apply.

Quote:

And another view of the Florida fiasco...
Link

And for the love of... Dude, I could throw up links to the "Florida Fiasco" all day long that would contradict every link you throw up.  It serves no purpose.  I already know where to find stuff written by other people.  I post here because I want to know what y'all think - not be pointed at articles of regurgitated pablum.

Quote:

Actually, none have announced any intention of retireing.

Or, maybe you just didn't get the memo.  I have read that they have.  Rehnquist will be 80 years old next year, and has stated that he'd like  to retire by then.  Stevens and O'Connor have mentioned retirement as well.  Of course, now Ginsberg my have no choice but to retire due to her illness... and the loss of that particular voice and subsequent replacement with a Bush appointee would be the greatest blow to the fairness of the Court in it's history :frown:

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: If (Gore / Nader) had won...? [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1777932 - 08/04/03 12:55 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

If you'll notice, you'll find that this date refers to the date of the elections, not any arbitrary date by which disputes over the results of said elections must be resolved.

You can phrase it any which way you like, it's still a deadline. Which by the way, if that deadline has passed, the legislature of that state picks the electors. Now seeing as Florida had a Republican majority, whom do you suppose would have wound up as President?

Quote:

The results of the election - not the wherabouts of the ballots

I suggest you re-read that Florida link again if you came away from it thinking they are talking about physically missing ballots.

Quote:

And for the love of... Dude, I could throw up links to the "Florida Fiasco" all day long that would contradict every link you throw up. It serves no purpose. I already know where to find stuff written by other people. I post here because I want to know what y'all think - not be pointed at articles of regurgitated pablum.

Dude, methinks a better developed sense of humor would suit you. Perhaps the fact that I used the words "another view" rather than "more proof", should have given that away. Lighten up and laugh. It'll do you good.

And as for the Court, you used the term announced. I merely pointed out that to date, none have announced their intention to retire. There has been mumbles, speculation and 2nd and 3rd hand whispers. That hardly qualifies as an announcement.

And 3 or 4 Bush appointees to the SC would be a damn good thing. Perhaps he'll even give the job to some who can actually read what the constitution says rather than put their own unique spin on it.

While I wish no ill on anyone, I'd be quite happy should Ginsburg retire. Perhaps she can pursuade Souter to go along and keep her company.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1777959 - 08/04/03 01:10 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

And 3 or 4 Bush appointees to the SC would be a damn good thing. Perhaps he'll even give the job to some who can actually read what the constitution says rather than put their own unique spin on it.

Ya, and perhaps OJ really was innocent.  :rolleyes:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1777968 - 08/04/03 01:13 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Well, while I doubt it, the jury seems to think so.

Not having been privy to the detailed evidence, I have to yield to their decision.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1777978 - 08/04/03 01:17 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

They showed all the evidence on live TV and reported it in the newspapers. I don't think anyone in that jury saw any evidence that the whole country didn't see.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1777999 - 08/04/03 01:24 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
They showed all the evidence on live TV and reported it in the newspapers. I don't think anyone in that jury saw any evidence that the whole country didn't see.

And you were informed of this by who exactly? You were on the jury? You have copies of each piece of evidence? You watched each and every minute of the trial?

Or did the Underpants Gnomes whisper in your ear?

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1778007 - 08/04/03 01:27 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Don't diss the Underpants Gnomes. They're very wise.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1778011 - 08/04/03 01:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Don't diss the Underpants Gnomes. They're very wise.

Hey.... I agree. That's why I asked.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

General Interest >> Political Discussion