Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblewingnutx

Some Iraqi Scientists Are Cooperating
    #1766682 - 07/31/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Some Iraqi Scientists Are Cooperating, CIA Weapons Adviser Says

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8884-2003Jul31.html

'Solid Evidence' of WMD Programs Being Gathered, Kay Tells Senate Committee

By Walter Pincus
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, July 31, 2003; 3:11 PM

Some Iraq scientists are cooperating in the hunt for Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction, including leading searchers to sensitive sites, according to David Kay, the CIA's adviser on the search for weapons.

After appearing this morning for three hours before the Senate Armed Services Committee, Kay told reporters, "We are gaining the cooperation, the active cooperation of Iraqis who were involved in that program. We are, as we speak, involved in sensitive exploitation of sites that we are being led to by Iraqis."

While Kay said "solid evidence" is being produced, it would not be made public "until we have full confidence it is solid proof of what we're to talk about."

Kay took issue with a story in today's Washington Post that quoted administration sources as saying the Iraqi Survey Team, which Kay is helping direct, is studying documents but not visiting sites.

Kay said sites being visited are new and "almost every one of them is one that we did not know about until we were led to it by Iraqis or the documentation we have seized."

Sen. John Warner (R-Va.), chairman of the committee, said after the hearing that "good, solid progress is being made," but there will not be "any dramatic public announcements at this time." Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kans.), a member of the panel and chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence,

Concerned that past piecemeal findings have been challenged and even withdrawn, Kay said he was looking for "multiple Iraqis willing to talk and explain the program . . . , documentary evidence . . ., and physical evidence associated with a program."

He said it will take time to put together the evidence so that it is convincing and will stand international scrutiny.

He also said he has found new evidence on how Iraq successfully misled United Nations inspectors and hid material from them. Prior to 1998, when they were withdrawn, U.N. inspectors focused on Iraq's deception operation and made it a central part of its final report. Kay said today that interviews with people who took part show, "The active deception program is truly amazing once you get inside it."

? 2003 The Washington Post Company

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Some Iraqi Scientists Are Cooperating [Re: wingnutx]
    #1768163 - 08/01/03 01:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I read this morning that the scientists are claiming that all banned weapons programs were dormant after 1998.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Some Iraqi Scientists Are Cooperating [Re: GazzBut]
    #1768857 - 08/01/03 09:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"the scientists" aren't claiming anything. Some claim one thing, some claim another. It's not a homogeneous group.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1768988 - 08/01/03 11:02 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wingnutx said:
"the scientists" aren't claiming anything. Some claim one thing, some claim another. It's not a homogeneous group.

But if even a single one claims there was no program, it has to be true.

THINK OF THE SCIENTISTS!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Some Iraqi Scientists Are Cooperating [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1769258 - 08/01/03 12:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

But if even a single one claims there was no program,

There arn't any weapons. Get over it.

Or have you abandoned all hope of WMD and now we're down to "WMD Programs"? if an Iraqi scientist scribbled "VX" on a notepad 5 years ago are you going to hide under the bed with a potty on your head for 6 months?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Some Iraqi Scientists Are Cooperating [Re: Xlea321]
    #1769314 - 08/01/03 12:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

There's nothing to get over.

I'm not saying he does or doesn't.

I know you've made up your mind, but I'll wait.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Some Iraqi Scientists Are Cooperating [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1769791 - 08/01/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not saying he does or doesn't.

What ARE you saying? You seem to change every post. Do you believe there are the kind of enormous industrial plants and hundreds of workers neccessary to build WMD still being hidden?

Or are you now saying a WMD is a few chemicals in a barrel?

Or are a few notes scribbled by a scientist 5 years ago a "WMD program"?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblewingnutx

#1769811 - 08/01/03 02:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Do you believe there are the kind of enormous industrial plants and hundreds of workers neccessary to build WMD still being hidden?

It does not take that huge of a facility to make anthrax or sarin. A sarin lab doesn't have to be any larger than a meth lab, just of decent quality.

A 50 gallon drum of anthrax could potentially kill millions, and surely kill thousands.

Sarin is nowhere near as compact, but is a better weapon, and a drum of it could kill thousands if used properly.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1769837 - 08/01/03 02:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It does not take that huge of a facility to make anthrax or sarin

What has this to do with a WMD?

A 50 gallon drum of anthrax could potentially kill millions

Tell me how you deliver it so that you "kill millions"  :rolleyes:

Sarin is nowhere near as compact, but is a better weapon, and a drum of it could kill thousands if used properly.

You don't know the first thing about this subject do you. I've posted an article by an expert on the use of chemical and biological weapons in warfare several times. It's about time you read it. 

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblewingnutx

#1769867 - 08/01/03 02:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

What has this to do with a WMD?

Anthrax and sarin are weapons of mass destruction, according to the UN and the aghreements that Iraq signed to end hostilities in the first gulf war.

Quote:

Tell me how you deliver it so that you "kill millions"

You have to get people to breathe it, so in practical terms you'd probably only kill thousands. I'd rather they didn't kill anyone.

If I was in charge of killing people with it, though, I'd just dump it into ventilators in large buildings, and throw it on subway tracks for the trains to spread around. It doesn't have to be concentrated enough to see to be deadly.

Quote:

You don't know the first thing about this subject do you.

I've seen that letter by "Red" that you've posted, and he is very accurate. I went through the same training that he did, btw. You are simply reading it wrong. Nerve agent has to be used in very specific ways to be effective If used properly, under the right conditions, it is deadly. Being difficult to use is not the same as being useless, no matter how much you would like it to be.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1769873 - 08/01/03 02:43 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Here we go again Alex. Why must you continuously redefine the accepted definition of words to make an argument? If we find drums full of Sarin, they will be considered WMDs by all except morons like you. STFU already about what a WMD is!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1769996 - 08/01/03 03:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

What ARE you saying?

I'm saying we don't know for sure if he had them or not. I would have thought that was easy enough to figure out, so I didn't bother to explain it to you. Sorry.

Quote:

You seem to change every post.

Really? I think I've been quite consistant in saying we don't know. Perhaps you'd be good enough to show me where I ever said he definately did or didn't.

Quote:

Do you believe there are the kind of enormous industrial plants and hundreds of workers neccessary to build WMD still being hidden?

I wasn't aware you needed enormous plants to make WMD's.

Quote:

I personally have never came up with a definition for WMD's. I did post a link or two to those who have. Perhaps you should take it up with them.

Quote:

Or are a few notes scribbled by a scientist 5 years ago a "WMD program"?

No, I don't think notes count as a WMD program. You could count them as evidence one had been planned or investigated.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder