Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Blue bruises ......
    #1765767 - 07/31/03 11:13 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Are all mushies that bruise blue safe to eat ?
Are there not one or two species that bruise blue like P.CUBES , but are truly toxic for consumption ?
Thanx
Trip n D

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Blue bruises ...... [Re: tripndicular]
    #1765782 - 07/31/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1765798 - 07/31/03 11:25 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Mr_M has it.

I just thought I'd add that there have also been several poisonings where somebody thought a mushroom had bruised blueish and it had actually bruised some other color. Some of the deadly Galerinas darken when bruised, and there was actually a guy who was poisoned twice making that mistake.

Be very sure of what you're eating before you put it in your mouth. Mistakes can carry a severe penalty.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Blue bruises ...... [Re: ]
    #1765799 - 07/31/03 11:25 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanx MrShrooms
I knew I was right , was just doing a search in the faqs(with minimal results) .
I think this fact cannot be stressed enough , and more extensive info on the "myth" that all mushies that bruise blue are safe to eat should be placed in "ALL" the faqs areas of the forumn . AT least here in hunting area , and growers areas .
What are these exceptions you mentioned ?

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Blue bruises ...... [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1765810 - 07/31/03 11:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you also Toxic .....
Do not be alarmed , by my question , I am not looking to eat wild mushies , I know there are only two types of hunters
SMART ONES
DEAD ONES
But some others here at the site may be misleaded by the myth of blue bruisers are safe , and I want to help spread the right mentality .
Thanx again guys
Save lives keep this post alive !
Trip n D

--------------------

Anonymous

#1765891 - 07/31/03 11:51 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Invisibletripndicular

#1765920 - 07/31/03 12:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

FKNG AWESOME ! Reading it now , brings up next topic.......
Educate "US"  more .....

:grin: 

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#1766063 - 07/31/03 12:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Are there any more similar , or look a likes that are toxic to eat ?
The big difference between boletes and favorite "active" mushies are the lack of gills , boletes having pores and all .
This catagorizing of mushies is becoming very interesting , but also complicating , I must get some books on it ........
Thanx for the help

--------------------

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1766172 - 07/31/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

First, I've added a document to the Hunting FAQ (just now) covering this. Good idea!

Second, a little quick research on blue to green bruising mushrooms yielded another mushroom people should be cautious about. Leptonia incana (=Entoloma incanum) bruises blue-green, and is of unknown edibility. But, since it's in the genus Leptonia (Enotoloma), it should be treated as though it's very poisonous. In 1983, 70 people were hospitalized in Geneva after eating Entolomas. Fortunately, none of them died.

On the positive side, Leptonia incana is anything but a common mushroom. Also, a spore print will quickly separate it from any of the usual genera of active mushrooms.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisibletripndicular

#1766733 - 07/31/03 04:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I am glad I influenced such an idea . Thanx for the input , and the warnings .
I am so glad I found this place , the information, and comaderie is "priceless" !

--------------------

Anonymous

#1766962 - 07/31/03 05:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1767503 - 07/31/03 09:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Mushrooms of Northeastern North America has an excellent photo of it on page 298. It even clearly shows the blue-green bruising near the bases of the stems on several specimens. The edibility is listed as unknown.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: Blue bruises ...... *DELETED* [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1768000 - 08/01/03 12:36 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Psilocybin_monkey

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Blue bruises ...... [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1768727 - 08/01/03 08:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I've read that before, and i dismissed it as a false-mushroom-poisoning-report...

There are many exceptions to the blue bruising rule; we should try to compile a list of those exceptions...i have ran across quite a few myself in the field and in books

And there is also the Gilled Bolete, -that one stains blue and it has gills!

Offlineaminitaman
FUK THAGOVERNMENT,IMSMOKIN' BLUNTSAND LOVIN' IT

Loc: Tha BlueGrass State,Kentu...
Re: Blue bruises ...... [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1769060 - 08/01/03 11:23 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Damn,if anybody gets a chance read that URL that Psilocybin monkey pasted,(up a few posts)its really interesting.

--------------------
its tha big parafenizzle
with tha big mushroomizzle
ya gotta know its off tha hizzle

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Blue bruises ...... [Re: aminitaman]
    #1769119 - 08/01/03 11:37 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

it is interesting but the information is not credible.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Blue bruises ...... [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1769130 - 08/01/03 11:39 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanx one and all for the input , lets try to keep it as scientific as possible with true and proven sources of research . I am so glad all the mods , admins are making this possible . I asked the MONKEY to post his tid bit here , if it is suspected as more myth spreading perhaps we should edit it from this post . I have not read it yet myself , but "trust" the experienced that are helping with this project . Admins and Mods please feel free to delete those "mythical" parts from this posting .
Trip n D
Interesting report , whats to say though that this frnchy picked a hand full or so of wrong species , ones that caused this sickness in him and all his friends , he ate much more then they did causing his fatality . They all consumed ones that were in a tea , perhaps the boiling reduced the side affects for them . Also lets take into account the fact that like "any" drug , legal and illegal , some folks are likely to have adverse side effects . Very interesting , I too right this off as bad luck , not credible , and possibly urban myth .

--------------------

Edited by tripndicular (08/01/03 12:03 PM)

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
    #1769273 - 08/01/03 12:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

well seeing that the vote is high I will del that post with the link I don't want to miss lead people in any way

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Blue bruises ...... [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1769295 - 08/01/03 12:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

he ate much more then they did causing his fatality . They all consumed ones that were in a tea , perhaps the boiling reduced the side affects for them

these are a few of the things that make this report incredible:

1.) most known classes of mushroom toxins are verry efficient. the amount consumed of a deadly mushroom beyond a certain point will have little or no bearing on the levels of physical damage incurred.

2.) most mushroom toxins cannot be reliabley destroyed through use of heat [as in boiling] and hence poisonous mushrooms cannot be boiled to be made edible.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures