Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: School Shooting in the city I live in [Re: zee007]
    #17677767 - 01/31/13 05:02 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zee007 said:
For the people who are wondering how the kid got passed the metal detectors (I'm not completely sure he did this) but that reflector material people put in their windshields masks the metal. Wrap the gun in that stuff, stick it in your pants and  :voila:. Atleast from what I've been told.

someone told me that prevents your car from being picked up by police radar, that was a load of bullshit too

all of the atlanta city schools have had metal detectors for many years, most of
the metro atlanta (7 counties) schools have metal detectors since at least 1998

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezee007
Gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: School Shooting in the city I live in [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17677807 - 01/31/13 05:11 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Shit well now I'm curious as to how he managed to get the gun in the building. I just remembered I was thinking of the magnets at stores. I know "professional" shoplifters line their bags or purses with that stuff.

I can see how lining your car with it was complete BS though...

Edited by zee007 (01/31/13 05:12 PM)

InvisibleCosmic_Flame
THE BREAKFAST EMPRESS
Female User Gallery

Loc: Under The Sea
Re: School Shooting in the city I live in [Re: zee007]
    #17677950 - 01/31/13 05:36 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I honestly feel like technology is the answer to this mess we have in regards to guns. What if there was a way to make any gun useless if it's not registered. Like a micro chip could be placed upon all of the registered guns. The only way to activate it would be through the owner's own hand print

But what do we do with all of the ones that are currently in circulation that aren't registered? Maybe an emp like device that sends a signal out. Which would cause the unregistered guns to be rendered useless, through nanobots that eat away at the main components  :strokebeard3:

--------------------
Pull the blinds and change their minds....

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: School Shooting in the city I live in [Re: Cosmic_Flame]
    #17677970 - 01/31/13 05:39 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cosmic_Flame said:
I honestly feel like technology is the answer to this mess we have in regards to guns. What if there was a way to make any gun useless if it's not registered. Like a micro chip could be placed upon all of the registered guns. The only way to activate it would be through the owner's own hand print

But what do we do with all of the ones that are currently in circulation that aren't registered? Maybe an emp like device that sends a signal out. Which would cause the unregistered guns to be rendered useless, through nanobots that eat away at the main components  :strokebeard3:

I totally agree with this. So glad you brought these ideas up. I think technology can very well be the answer, especially a fingerprint scan required for firing. Every time I say something like that on here people act like it's impossible but we're so technologically advanced now that even laptops have fingerprint scanners and our technological capabilities are increasing exponentially every year.

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

UBUNTU- I am because we are.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: School Shooting in the city I live in [Re: Cosmic_Flame]
    #17678015 - 01/31/13 05:46 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cosmic_Flame said:

registration is the first step in confiscation

I will never own a gun that has to be registered, I will move to a place
where my guns have to be registered and if registration becomes a national
law, I will become an outlaw and since that step has been taken there's
nothing to stop me from pursuing far more dangerous weapons

and why stop with just one, when the rescue crews get there, set off a few more

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: School Shooting in the city I live in [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #17678021 - 01/31/13 05:47 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Quote:

Cosmic_Flame said:

I totally agree with this. So glad you brought these ideas up. I think technology can very well be the answer, especially a fingerprint scan required for firing. Every time I say something like that on here people act like it's impossible but we're so technologically advanced now that even laptops have fingerprint scanners and our technological capabilities are increasing exponentially every year.

will you be paying to retro fit all the older guns? all 270 million of them?

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

#17678044 - 01/31/13 05:51 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Cosmic_Flame said:

Are you fucking serious? A step that would make it much easier to keep guns in the hands of peaceful gunowners and you would oppose it just because of your paranoia? Honestly can't believe the selfishness here.

Quote:

If I had the money I gladly would. In my mind the possibility of saving many innocent lives is a little more important than money. The gun companies can foot the bill, maybe pay their lobbyists a little less that year. Each gun owner could also take on the cost, consider it a maintenance charge. I'm sure you'll get up in arms about that, technology is getting cheaper every day and chances are the per gun cost is going to be really low.

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#17678078 - 01/31/13 05:57 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

Are you fucking serious? A step that would make it much easier to keep guns in the hands of peaceful gunowners and you would oppose it just because of your paranoia? Honestly can't believe the selfishness here.

how does registration keep guns in the hands of law abiding gun owners and
keep them out of the hands of criminals? when is the last time a criminal
registered their gun?

Quote:

Quote:

If I had the money I gladly would. In my mind the possibility of saving many innocent lives is a little more important than money. The gun companies can foot the bill, maybe pay their lobbyists a little less that year. Each gun owner could also take on the cost, consider it a maintenance charge. I'm sure you'll get up in arms about that, technology is getting cheaper every day and chances are the per gun cost is going to be really low.

why should the gun companies be punished for something you want over
something that someone else did, if I shit on the steps of the courthouse
should you be held responsible just because you manufacture toilet paper?

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

#17678095 - 01/31/13 06:01 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
registered their gun?

If you can recall what you replied to about registering guns, it was a suggestion about a way to make unregistered guns, you know the ones that criminals have, inactive.

Quote:

It's not a punishment. If the companies really want their guns to be used for sport and not for murder I'm sure they'd be glad to pay a small fee. It's like a tax, just like there's a sales tax and a 'sin' tax there could be a tax on arms and ammunition that goes to fund safety and education measures.

--------------------
Sapere aude

Invisiblesomething super extreme
NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Loc: TURNT UP!
    #17678103 - 01/31/13 06:03 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Re: School Shooting in the city I live in [Re: something super extreme]
    #17678114 - 01/31/13 06:04 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sVs said:

such a fallacy :brushrage: the favorite fallacy of the shroomery's gun nuts

--------------------
Sapere aude

Offlinezee007
Gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #17678128 - 01/31/13 06:07 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Quote:

sVs said:

Seriously though, explain how a law is going to prevent a criminal or a maniac from getting his hands on guns? Or any weapon for that matter...

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

#17678160 - 01/31/13 06:12 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Explain that. Don't just tell me it's wrong. Don't generalise me as a 'shroomery gun nut' bcause I disagree with you about this. Speaking of logical fallacy, are you familiar with ad hominem arguments?

What good is registering legally owned firearms when there's an overwhelming abundance of easily accessed illicit guns already available through illegal means? Don't tell me there isn't; I can personally attest to the contrary.
In order to install the sort of safety feature you're talking about, it would have to be retroactively applied to all existing arms before the creation of your hypothetical safety mechanism.

Even with an outright weapon ban, guns are still available on black markets. It's really not hard to obtain a gun if you want a gun, regardless of whatever measurs you take to prevent it.

Edited by sVs (01/31/13 06:21 PM)

Offlinempd
Lammen Gorthaur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mostly at home... Mostly....
    #17678184 - 01/31/13 06:17 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

zee007 said:
For the people who are wondering how the kid got passed the metal detectors (I'm not completely sure he did this) but that reflector material people put in their windshields masks the metal. Wrap the gun in that stuff, stick it in your pants and  :voila:. Atleast from what I've been told.

someone told me that prevents your car from being picked up by police radar, that was a load of bullshit too

all of the atlanta city schools have had metal detectors for many years, most of
the metro atlanta (7 counties) schools have metal detectors since at least 1998

Most police radar systems are pulse-doppler sets.  This means they gauge the speed by the distortion in sound waves the car makes as a result of its relative speed.  The radar reflection stuff would have zero impact on its effectiveness.

--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Offlinewithoutawire
hi
 User Gallery

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
    #17678189 - 01/31/13 06:18 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Arming the teachers is a form of living in fear. It's not addressing the problem, it's not proactive, it's a band-aid. Most parents wouldn't feel safer with more guns in the classroom.

You act like arming the teachers is the only viable novel idea. I'm sure there are plenty of novel ideas on how to approach this societal issue but more weaponry isn't exactly a new idea.

You speak for parents all over the USA? Interesting.

Oh look, an armed security guard stopped a dipshit from killing a bunch of people.

--------------------
:tigerbunny:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#17678190 - 01/31/13 06:18 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
registered their gun?

If you can recall what you replied to about registering guns, it was a suggestion about a way to make unregistered guns, you know the ones that criminals have, inactive.

I'm not a criminal and I do not own a registered gun, not a single gun that
I have ever owned or handled was registered, I do not know a single person
that owns a registered gun and the people I know are also not criminals

how will that happen with the 270 million guns already in the hands of
private citizens and the millions in the hands of criminals, simply writing
a law that says unregistered guns will no longer function isnt going to do
it but for some reason liberal fantasy land seems to believe laws do everything

please, give is the details

Quote:

Quote:

It's not a punishment. If the companies really want their guns to be used for sport and not for murder I'm sure they'd be glad to pay a small fee. It's like a tax, just like there's a sales tax and a 'sin' tax there could be a tax on arms and ammunition that goes to fund safety and education measures.

it's a punishment. we've had the liberal wetdream discussion before where I
showed you this technology isnt feasible because it doesnt function and can
be bypassed

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#17678214 - 01/31/13 06:21 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Quote:

sVs said:

explain

or cant you since you have never explained how this stuff is supposed to work when called out on it

Offlinewithoutawire
hi
 User Gallery

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
    #17678220 - 01/31/13 06:22 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Criminals steal guns from legal gun owners. The people who build their own guns from scratch are gun enthusiast who use them for sport. A common criminal lacks the mental capacity to build their own firearm from chunks of metal, steel that needs to be milled, and part kits.

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Quote:

sVs said:

Please explain to us what doesn't make sense about that meme.

--------------------
:tigerbunny:

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Re: School Shooting in the city I live in [Re: something super extreme]
    #17678222 - 01/31/13 06:23 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zee007 said:
Seriously though, explain how a law is going to prevent a criminal or a maniac from getting his hands on guns? Or any weapon for that matter...

How about the idea of fingerprint scanners on guns that prevent firing by anyone other than the registered owner? How about requiring that guns be inactivated until they are registered so that all unregistered guns are rendered useless? There are plenty of measures that can be put in place that will help keep guns out of those who would like to harm others, gun control doesn't need to be a law necessarily but rather efforts to keep guns in the hands of people who will use them correctly.

Quote:

sVs said:
Explain that. Don't just tell me it's wrong. Don't generalise me as a 'shroomery gun nut' bcause I disagree with you about this. Speaking of logical fallacy, are you familiar with ad hominem arguments?

See the bolded above. It's a fallacy because virtually no one on the gun control side says "gun laws will prevent shooting sprees" I was joking anyway with my "shroomery gun nuts," don't get your panties in a bunch.

Quote:

What good is registering legally owned firearms when there's an overwhelming abundance of easily accessed illicit guns already available through illegal means? Don't tell me there isn't; I can personally attest to the contrary.
In order to install the sort of safety feature you're talking about, it would have to be retroactively applied to all existing arms before the creation of your hypothetical safety mechanism.

This is why I was hesitant to bring forth any of my own ideas. I'm saying we all need to work together to solve this, including some of the brightest minds on these topics. I'm not an expert on the type of technology here or the methods that would be employed but it's not like there's nothing at all we can do to reduce the number of illicit firearms. However even implementing the technology discussed prior solely on firearms produced from here on out would substantially limit the number of new firearms available to criminals.

--------------------
Sapere aude

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Re: School Shooting in the city I live in [Re: withoutawire]
    #17678241 - 01/31/13 06:26 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Not to mention nothing about that idea of disabling guns is remotely plausible.
EMP would be entirely useless on a gun. Electromagnetic pulses might be a remote possibility for gun control, if not for the fact that guns fire because of very simple mechanical parts and not complex electronics.
You're not going to be able to 'disable' an unregistered gun, short of wrestling it from someone and taking it apart.

And for the record, my panties are perpetually in a knot. Sorry. :sad:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale