Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Bank Fees Suck ASS!!!
    #1767329 - 07/31/03 10:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Last thanksgiving I took a trip out to sunny Florida to see my parents. Although I had several hundred dollars worth of checks in my pocket, I was out of cash, and being thanksgiving as it was, I was unable to deposit them, for my bank was closed.

This left me with my ATM card. During the trip, I used my card for 10-15 small transactions (ciggarrettes, cokes, gum etc...).

When I got back into town, I immediately deposited $100 into my account, for fear that it might be overdrawn a tiny bit.

Then, the bank sent me a letter. Turns out I overdrew my account $50.

The bank then proceeded to tell me that I owed them $30 for EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION I made, bringing the total I owed to OVER $400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was even taking into account my $100 dollar deposit!!!

So, basically, the bank was trying to charge me $500 for overdrawing $50 for four days. apparently there is a clause in the contract I was forced to sign in order to get the account that allows them to do this.

Of course, there are usury laws in my state, but this money I supposedly owed the bank was not interest, it was "fees". So, by using a different term, these assholes were able to swerve around the law and essentally charge me 1000% interest on a tiny, short term debt.

WHAT A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT!

If banks didnt try to pull this heinous bullshit all the time, my opinion of the banking business would be a lot higher.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: Bank Fees Suck ASS!!! [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1767520 - 07/31/03 11:36 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

banks are fucked up

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1768343 - 08/01/03 05:26 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Talk to a supervisor at the bank, often if you have a good history with them they'll wave the fees.

Here's a thought for the next trip, use the night deposit slot. Had you done so the checks would have been credited to your account on the next business following the holiday.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1768438 - 08/01/03 06:43 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Time to switch banks. That's why i use a Credit Union. ALL banks suck.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: Bank Fees Suck ASS!!! [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1769720 - 08/01/03 04:09 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

oh, and another thing....

now that I dont have a bank account, I have to get my checks cashed at the bank they were written on... and they usually charge me a $5 check cashing fee... WTF!!!!???

I try to explain to the bank that a check is a promissary note written on their ledger which promises me the amount specified, not $5 less...

yet another way banks make money simply by having money. no work required...

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion