Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecapital
Guy...
How long can one store syringes?
    #1767146 - 07/31/03 06:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

AFOAF ordered 5 10cc syringes of PESA. He immediately stored them in a small cardboard box to avoid light, in the fridge. He used two syringes about 6 to 8 weeks later and he felt that they were relatively poor quality based on germination success rate and colonization time as compared to other grows with same strain and Tek. He now would like to use the last three to do some WBS innoculating. However he was wondering what if any is the deterioration of the syringes in these conditions? He's wondering whether or not the poor performance witnessed above was due to low quality syringes or deterioration? In the end he might just use a colonized liter jar for some grain to grain transfers? Would that save colonization time?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
Re: How long can one store syringes? [Re: capital]
    #1767192 - 07/31/03 07:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

If kept in a fridge a syringe is viable without much loss of viability for around 6 months, but syringes as old as 2.5 years and older have been reported still viable.

This is from the FAQ.
This guy I know used year-old syringes w/ no noticeable falling off in colonization success/rate.

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

Offlinecharvo
JOURNEYMAN
Male

Loc: In The Hand Of The World
Re: How long can one store syringes? [Re: capital]
    #1767203 - 07/31/03 07:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i believe you can store them for up 3 mouths max,the fresher the syringe is the better off you'll be.as for your colonization time that could a number of things.

incubation temp. or the syringes could be alittle weak.

--------------------

Offlinecharvo
JOURNEYMAN
Male

Loc: In The Hand Of The World
Re: How long can one store syringes? [Re: Che_Night_Soil]
    #1767210 - 07/31/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Che_Night_Soil said:
Quote:

If kept in a fridge a syringe is viable without much loss of viability for around 6 months, but syringes as old as 2.5 years and older have been reported still viable.

This is from the FAQ.
This guy I know used year-old syringes w/ no noticeable falling off in colonization success/rate.   

wow that old, :shocked: i never heard of a syringes lasting that long.hum
i'm sure it's possible

--------------------

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
Re: How long can one store syringes? [Re: charvo]
    #1767234 - 07/31/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, it's TRUE!!! And for only three payments of $9.99.... :wink: Yeah, I think the guy may have gotten lucky, but the 6 month rule is pretty standard.   

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures