Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebudice23m
Stranger
Long stems
    #1766215 - 07/31/03 01:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I grew b plus and hawian spores . I cultivated them in a one pint jar instead of a half pint . They took longer to fill jar but it evnetually worked. I made one of the houses with the humidinty filters to p-tek specifications. the mushrooms started to grow imediatly and big one stem was 10 inches long and could not support itself. one from each cake but they were very long stemed and spined all over the box. I picked them b/c they started to sprout.
After picking them nothing else has grown. it was the first flushing. Is my humidity too high ? Was using a pint jar a bad idea? Should I freeze them to get them to put out more? I am distressed. I do not want to loose alot of potental mushrooms because I am not doing some thing the right way. I wish someonw would help. budice23m@yahoo.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: Long stems [Re: budice23m]
    #1766260 - 07/31/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah B+ have been known to grow soo big that the fall off(snap off) the cake or tip the cakes over and also with B+ it's known to put out one or 2 big shrooms on cakes.The reason why B+ dose this is that the one or two stronger growing mushrooms take up all the nutrients so no other mushroom/pins will form or grow the mycelium reroots all the nutrients to the strongest mushrooms to make sure the spore(seeds) will get dropped.

here's some pic how big B+ can get

This pic is B+ that was grown on a dung tek

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Edited by Psilocybin_monkey (07/31/03 03:13 PM)

Offlinebudice23m
Stranger
Re: Long stems [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1766363 - 07/31/03 02:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Do you have any sugestion to stimulate the growth. I am getting nothing out of them and it has been a week. Should i freeze them?

sweet pics

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
    #1766415 - 07/31/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

This pic is B+ that was grown on a dunked cake

Looks like this pic comes from sporelab.com . And according to CaptainMax,  it was grown using a *dung tek* , not a dunk PF-tek cake .

:laugh:

.fs. 

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1766420 - 07/31/03 02:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

maybe try dunk/cold shocking them by putting the cake in a jar filled water(bottled or distilled) with h2o2(hydrogen peroxide)added then put the cake in the jar and make sure it is totaly covered in the water then put it in the fridge for NO LONGER THEN 48 HOURS(any longer will kill the mycelium) I would do just over 24 hours.give them 12-14 hours of light each day after you take the cake out of the jar in the fridge this will till the mycelium to start to pin now.give it 3-4 air exchanges a day by fanning out grow chamber with a fan or use a sheet of paper to fan it out by hand.keep the humidity up very high because cake need more humidity then casing you should have it about 95-100%.Make sure the temp is 74-78 ?F.

If all these steps are done right you should see pinning with in a few days

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Re: Long stems [Re: fIsh in my head] * 1
    #1766458 - 07/31/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fIsh in my head said:
Quote:

This pic is B+ that was grown on a dunked cake

Looks like this pic comes from sporelab.com . And according to CaptainMax,  it was grown using a *dung tek* , not a dunk PF-tek cake .

:laugh:

.fs. 

frist off that pic was from a diff website b4 CaptainMax even posted that pic(stolden).Yeah you were right about it being dung tek and not dunk tek i misread it but never the less thats how big they get.

ok seeing you know where all the pic's comes from and what it was grown on give me some info on these monsters fishinmyhead (quiz time)

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
    #1766488 - 07/31/03 03:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think the reason he knew they were from sporelab is because he looked at the URL of the picture :tongue:

And, do NOT freeze your cakes!  Unless you want myceliumsickles :tongue:

But cold dunking could help.  Don't forget to add the most important ingredient, patience  :crazy2:

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Re: Long stems [Re: neutralizer]
    #1766522 - 07/31/03 03:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

And, do NOT freeze your cakes! Unless you want myceliumsickles

hahah thats a good one

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

#1766566 - 07/31/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

frist off that pic was from a diff website b4 CaptainMax even posted that pic(stolden).Yeah you were right about it being dung tek and not dunk tek i misread it but never the less thats how big they get.

ok seeing you know where all the pic's comes from and what it was grown on give me some info on these monsters fishinmyhead (quiz time)

Well, they were harvested by a guy named *Nemo* from British Columbia.  It was part of a project that occured in 1999 where he wanted to know if mixing fish poo with horse manure will make the B+ grow bigger.  The one on the right was the one grown with fish poo. As you can notice, it's a bit smaller so it doesn't really give taller mushrooms.  Later, in 2001, he realized that you can grow B+ in a totally underwater environnement when using a mix of fish and horse poo. You must give Nemo the credit of finding a way to grow B+ where you don't have to bother about having 100% humidity with his underwater tek.

Haha that's lame.  Honnestly, I just knew this pic came from sporelab (well, at least I saw it there) because I really like this supplier.  They have unbeatable prices for Canadians.

I just wanted to tell you that I KNEW WHERE IT CAME FROM, even if it's, i must agree, very futile.

peace  :eyemouth:
.fs. 

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Re: Long stems [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1766698 - 07/31/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hahaha I was joking with ya you know being a ass

what do you think of these bad boys?(monster mushrooms B+)

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlinebudice23m
Stranger
Re: Long stems [Re: neutralizer]
    #1766874 - 07/31/03 04:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

SHOULD I DUNK THEM IN WATER OR H202. FOR HOW LONG DO YOU RECCOMEND :cool:

Offlinebudice23m
Stranger
    #1766878 - 07/31/03 04:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

MAYBE EVEN FREEZE THEM.

InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #1766929 - 07/31/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

No need to yell, your questions have already been answered.
Quote:

Psilocybin_monkey said:
maybe try dunk/cold shocking them by putting the cake in a jar filled water(bottled or distilled) with h2o2(hydrogen peroxide)added then put the cake in the jar and make sure it is totaly covered in the water then put it in the fridge for NO LONGER THEN 48 HOURS(any longer will kill the mycelium) I would do just over 24 hours.give them 12-14 hours of light each day after you take the cake out of the jar in the fridge this will till the mycelium to start to pin now.give it 3-4 air exchanges a day by fanning out grow chamber with a fan or use a sheet of paper to fan it out by hand.keep the humidity up very high because cake need more humidity then casing you should have it about 95-100%.Make sure the temp is 74-78 ?F.

If all these steps are done right you should see pinning with in a few days 

Quote:

neutralizer said:
And, do NOT freeze your cakes!  Unless you want myceliumsickles :tongue:

But cold dunking could help.  Don't forget to add the most important ingredient, patience  :crazy2:

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

#1767064 - 07/31/03 06:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

what do you think of these bad boys?(monster mushrooms B+)

That's montruous. Pretty scary to have 3 good trips from 1 single B+ .

I wonder what they did to developpe such a strain in labs...

.fs.

Offlinebudice23m
Stranger
Re: Long stems [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1767108 - 07/31/03 06:39 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

THANKS

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1767336 - 07/31/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah B+ and penis envy and both custom strain that are really different they the arvg P.Cub strains B+ get super big and think and penis envy just gets super think and not hollow but the only bad thing about PE is that only about 10% will drop spores so it's super hard to get a print off of it.

I wonder how much those MONSTER B+ weigh dried

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag