Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Tripping alone.
    #1763931 - 07/30/03 07:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It's been a coon's age since I've tripped. I've tripped off many times in the company of others, and always enjoyed the experience. The next time I get a hold of any psychedelic I plan to ingest alone. I want the kind of experience I feel I can only acheive without the intrusion of other people. Also I'm an introvert and more comfortable when I'm alone (generally). Any tips to help make this venture successful.

(For my first solo trip I plan to aim for a level 3)

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Tripping alone. [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1764084 - 07/30/03 08:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Have plenty of music.

Invisibleyostf
Stranger
Re: Tripping alone. [Re: Adden]
    #1764468 - 07/30/03 10:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i wouldn't mind tripping alone either, just due to the fact that there's so many stupid people everywhere ... total buzzkill

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1764539 - 07/30/03 11:10 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My only advice is to stay ocupied. Last time I was tripping alone I got introverted like usual but really distraught. The trip was partially spent outdoors. I immediately felt relieved as soon as my friends randomly pulled up my driveway. I was sitting there on my front stoop. My experience was pretty quickly killed however. If you keep a cool head you could have a really great time.  :eyemouth: :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: Tripping alone. [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1765320 - 07/31/03 07:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think as long as you feel good about the experience going in, a positive 'set', then you're fine. If you're nervous being alone could be a negative experience, I think, but just bringing along the information that it'll be ok, it's just the shrooms, is a big help. I'd personally be more likely to run into problems among a large group of people.

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Tripping alone. [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1765415 - 07/31/03 08:01 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Tripping alone can be great, its gives you a chance to enter the mushroom experience without the social anxieties you may have when with a group of people, especially with large doses. Set is vital though, as you may find yourself thinking/feeling things, that in hindsight seem stupid, but at the time are very distressing. Have some good music, and be clear headed before you enter the trip. Tend to anything that needs doing beforehand, interruptions etc
You'll be exploring your own mind which is always an interesting experience....

PS And make sure that your setting is tidy, I have spent many a trip trying to tidy and to be honest it isn't really fun at all :laugh: 

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Offlinecrazycanadian
Stranger

Loc: infront of a monitor
Re: Tripping alone. [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1765540 - 07/31/03 09:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

go for a level 5....turn on dark side of the moon or any other floyd...echoes is good. turn off the lights and trip balls

OfflineBruiser
Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Loc: Hell
    #1765596 - 07/31/03 09:48 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

90% of my trips have been alone. Since everyone is different, my only advice is to make sure you're comfortable and that they'll be no distractions any time through your trip. I usually put on some comfy clothes (that I could sleep in if the desire arises), shut the phone off, keep a bottle of water handy, and make sure the cd player has plenty of good soothing music in it. That's my general set up for every trip. Then I just fine tune things to what I feel like doing. (Watching a movie, relaxing outside on the porch, etc. ) :smile:

--------------------
-I put the chrome to your dome

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #1765821 - 07/31/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Moved as per user's request :smile:

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1765839 - 07/31/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

just remember you took shrooms :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Re: Tripping alone. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1766250 - 07/31/03 02:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

:mushroom2: :grin: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #1766340 - 07/31/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

meditate. Go for it. I'm the same way. I have tripped many more times alone than with people. I really don't like that latter too much actually.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Anonymous

#1766790 - 07/31/03 04:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I hav tripped alone b4 on acid, just dont be afraid cuz if you are is when something bad is bound to happen because fear is like magnets.

OfflineAstrok
Trying To BeCool

Loc: Bozeman, Montana
Re: Tripping alone. [Re: ]
    #1766990 - 07/31/03 05:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Dude, dont go for a level 5 like crazy canadian siad. I would do it alone and have music, but dont be dumb and go level 5. Peace.

--------------------
"Light that shit"
"Smoke that shit"
"Pass that shit"

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: Tripping alone. [Re: Astrok]
    #1767155 - 07/31/03 07:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Tripping alone is a wonderful learning experience if you use it correctly. I go with no music, no distractions, level 5 in the darkness and silence of my room. The things I've heard and seen are amazing, and almost always leave my body and visit strang dimensions.

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Re: Tripping alone. [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #1767208 - 07/31/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I plan to do a level 5 alone eventually. But I'm going to build up to it.

--------------------

OfflineTrypNballZium
Mad Alchemist
Loc: my underground lair
    #1767401 - 07/31/03 08:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i only tryp alone. i cant imagine it any other way. my daily life has me inundated with the thoughts and words of other people, so to me, trypN is my escape from THEM....enjoy!

--------------------
Will Pimp 4 Food!

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
Re: Tripping alone. [Re: TrypNballZium]
    #1774001 - 08/02/03 08:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What you'll expect while tripping alone:
You'll get a big mindfuck, for sure. No matter who you are, most of your trip will be in your mind. You'll get mostly caught up in your own mind, amazed at what it knows, to be able to take in many visuals. They happen, but you won't always notice them if you're busy in your mind.
Level 5 trip alone:
No, not for your first time tripping alone. Go for a mild level 3 if you're daring, but not more then that. Work your way up to level 5, don't just jump into it. If you do, expect a big fall.
Tripping alone vs tripping with people:
Most of my tripping experiances have been with people, but about 5 people who are good friends. Tripping alone is good if you want to find things out about yourself, achieve englightenment, or do what you want, when you want.
While tripping with people, it can be alot more enjoyable. On one level, you know you have a sitter, even if they're trippin too, they're still a sitter. You have someone to talk to, which is always fun. And if they're good friends, they'll want to do what you want to do aswell, so just think about you doing what you want to do with 2 or 3 of your closet friends, amazing fun!
Anyways, tripping alone is always fun when you do the right things, the few trips I've had alone were quite enjoyable! have fun!

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: Tripping alone. [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1775284 - 08/03/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

see, even tho my friends are all willing to do anything I want to do when im tripping, I still dont like tripping with them simply because of the mindfuck I get.... Ill start to think they are getting pissed at me when they arent and ill have all these abstract thoughts about them and shit..... just shit I dont like if that makes any sense

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
Re: Tripping alone. [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1775404 - 08/03/03 12:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ahh yes, that feeling. I get it when I'm tripping around people I don't know very well. I never get it when I'm tripping with people I know well. Maybe that's your problem? Or maybe it's just you're uncomfortable tripping around them? It's really uncomfortable the first few times, but I find if I trip with people I don't know well quite often, I don't get that feeling at all...

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag