Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Anothwer New Species or possibly P. samuiensis
    #1764660 - 07/31/03 12:01 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Okay, I found these three to four little fellows right before I saw those giant Cubensis images I just posted a while ago. They were much longer thant he average three inch size of P. samuiensis. Probably a variation or a new species.

I lost a 128 MB memory card int he rice paddie by a Pink Buffalo. Will look for it later.

Here are four images of the species as I found it. Bad digital work on this one. The shrooms were growing in water above the ground. So I could not use my small 6 inch tripod

Mj. Here are the images.

and one more. They are more brown than in that last image. bad camera work and poor photo lab Asian program

More coming later. I still have 50 more days of this to enjoy.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Anothwer New Species or possibly P. samuiensis [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1764686 - 07/31/03 12:10 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

good find :laugh: u lucky guy

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
Re: Anothwer New Species or possibly P. samuiensis [Re: whole9]
    #1764966 - 07/31/03 02:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ooh  :eek:

Anonymous

deleted [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #1765488 - 07/31/03 08:45 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

deleted

OfflineSquid
withdrawn fromthe everdayworld

Re: Anothwer New Species or possibly P. samuiensis [Re: ]
    #1765536 - 07/31/03 09:14 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

can you please explain your ava :confused:tar 

--------------------
A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move towards higher levels. -A. Einstein

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Anothwer New Species or possibly P. samuiensis [Re: Squid]
    #1765593 - 07/31/03 09:47 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My avatar is self explanatory. I have trifocals, my computer screen is to high above my head and I glance form the top of my glasses. and I have typing dyslexia.

The avatar is a t-shirt a friend designed from my images at one of my sights and made t-shirts for me of the avatar.

Kwai is the thai word for water buffalo.

Now I went back to the field where I found these. And afetr two hours of looking in tall grasses I found four more specimens of them. They are definitley Psilocybe samuiensis. Here are two more images. Again I had trouble inthe 110 degress iof sun trying to focus shroom images with no luck. I wish I had brought my Nikon FM and my macrolens. Thats how I take good images. In fact the 2 mega pixerl camera IO sold over the internet was better than this stupuidd four megapixel one I am now using and to make it worst, Yahoo yesterday was adveritising my new camera for three hundred and I paid five. await thill the shit hits the fan in seattle when I get tothaat camera sho[p.

Here ae the two of the bet images. The one int he grass failed to show the striate marginal lines on the edge of the cap.

and a group of the new ones witht he ones drying fromthe four I found this morning.

afgain bad photography on my part. I seem to get one to two good images out of every ten to 15 that I take.

mj

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1765617 - 07/31/03 09:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, they certainly are pretty

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
Re: Anothwer New Species or possibly P. samuiensis [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1765955 - 07/31/03 12:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

they really belong to the Mexicana/Semilanceata familly...it is so exiting !!! By the way, don't forget to check for sclerotia ...

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
    #1769245 - 08/01/03 12:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

They look like they have much longer stems than the last batch of samuiensis you found. The caps aren't as yellow looking either.But they have the nipple or pappilla that seems to be usually present.
They kinda sorta look like a cross between liberty caps and mexicana's.
:cool:
Are they a potent species?

doo   

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Anothwer New Species or possibly P. samuiensis [Re: doo]
    #1771081 - 08/01/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Keep up the great posts MJ. I think its a bit of a stretch to assume that its 'probably a new species.' Id bet you $50 that you'll find that it is compatible with Samuiensis with spore compatibility or isozyme tests. Species only delineate into seperate species in the same environment when some sort of mutation occurs. If they were from isolated areas they could represent the same species that has delineated due to adaption to environmental differences over many, many generations, but unless it is a new species that has been introduced into the same environment as samuiensis, id say that it would prove to be the same species.

--------------------

OfflineAristar
InterdimensionalBeing

Re: Anothwer New Species or possibly P. samuiensis [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1771588 - 08/01/03 11:44 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Freazer, this is off topic, but what is your avatar?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract