Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejclincoln
blue sky fromhell
Loc: some where over the rainb...
birthday cakes how long????????
    #1763838 - 07/30/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Its been about 6 weeks and only 2 of my cakes are completely colinized out of 12. I USED B+ AND SOME OTHER STRAIN THAT WAS FREE AT THE TIME FROM TLG I USED THE PF TECH AND TAMP THE JARS PRETTY GOOD SO IS THIS NORMAL AND HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT AND IF TAKES A LONG TIME WILL IT HERT FRUITING????

--------------------
life is short so find the way out of your head as soon as posible and don't come back!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: birthday cakes how long???????? [Re: jclincoln]
    #1763848 - 07/30/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

6 weeks is a long time. Does it look like the myc. growth has stopped or just growing slowly?

OfflineMOE.shrooms
Floyd Fan

Loc: super imposed onto dark s...
Re: birthday cakes how long???????? [Re: jclincoln]
    #1763852 - 07/30/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

wow thats really slow. But it is no big deal once they hit a true 100 percent wait about 5 days then birth. It shouldnt hurt yields or fruiting actully I think it helps. Your slowness could have been caused by many factors like temp or air exchange. I leave jar lids tight the whole time and take tape off after 2 weeks, did you do this? Also what has caused me slow growth and im sure some other people too is packing your mix too tight or using the fine smaller type verm that many Lowes sell. That leaves little room for the myc to move and breath. But its no big deal it just makes the final product that much more .......... special!

--------------------
This land is my land....and this sand is my sand.....and this band is my band....Ohhh the lonely boys "Roger Waters" Towers Of Faith

Offlinejclincoln
blue sky fromhell
Loc: some where over the rainb...
Re: birthday cakes how long???????? [Re: MOE.shrooms]
    #1763896 - 07/30/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

so can I just wait for them to colonize fully or should I birth them even if there some what not colonized say around 85 to 90%. IT is myc its white to light brown and smells like fresh mushrooms. all so I packed the jars tight as instructed in the pf teck. I've done this before and never took this long? All so should I wait for pineing to start in the jar or go ahead and birth when there 100% colonized thanks for the help!!!

--------------------
life is short so find the way out of your head as soon as posible and don't come back!!!!!

OfflineMOE.shrooms
Floyd Fan

Loc: super imposed onto dark s...
    #1763929 - 07/30/03 07:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MOE.shrooms said:
wow thats really slow. But it is no big deal once they hit a true 100 percent wait about 5 days then birth

--------------------
This land is my land....and this sand is my sand.....and this band is my band....Ohhh the lonely boys "Roger Waters" Towers Of Faith

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
    #1764324 - 07/30/03 09:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

well if they are taking that long to colonize, I would dunk/cold shock(after 100% colonized) them before you start pinning the cakes you should see signs with in a few days.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: birthday cakes how long???????? [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1765940 - 07/31/03 12:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Go to www.fungifun.org and use that TEK. I would be willing to put money on packing substrate/incorrect water content in your jars. If you do a PF jar right you can get it to colonize in 12 days using Anno's TEK at www.fungifun.org =). I can't quite get 12 days, but I have a jar that is maybe 40% at about 6 days from innoculation.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate