Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFamilies
Stranger
Making a Spore Print
    #1763723 - 07/30/03 08:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I looked through a lot of the faqs. Does anyone have any good links on how and when to make a spore print? The Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide has a little bit of info, but I am not sure exactly when I should take the cap off (some pictures would be A1). Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: Making a Spore Print [Re: Families]
    #1763744 - 07/30/03 08:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Right when you pick it. So right when the veil starts breaking is a good time to take a print. The stem and the cap are attached to each other at 1 main point, but the cap off there.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1763752 - 07/30/03 08:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Let the veil tear , then wait a few hours more , by then the cap should start to open up more , this aids in larger print .
In as clean as possible environment , cut the cap off the stem as close to cap base as possible(where stem and cap meet ), do not touch underside of cap with fingers , do not breath on it .
Place it on foil , white paper , or whatever you are printing on , cover with a glass or jar to prevent dust or other contams from laying on surface , keep coverd for 6-9 hours , at the end of this time remove cap from foil , and fold in a manner so as to seal the print in .
Do more reading , there are many methods . materials etc ...... in time you will develop your own process that works best for you .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Anonymous

#1763757 - 07/30/03 08:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: Making a Spore Print [Re: ]
    #1763849 - 07/30/03 08:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

does the size of the fruitbody matter, and should the fruit be chosen based on the health of a cake, i.e. taking prints from the best cake or is this irrelevant if the fruiting cakes are all from the same syringe? Read a little bit about ensuring good spores through picking the best and biggest fruit so the future spores would have the same characteristics. Is that true or are all prints the same from the same "mother" syringe?

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Anonymous

Re: Making a Spore Print [Re: thisone]
    #1763856 - 07/30/03 08:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The size of the cap does not matter. As for health, yes you dont want to print from a contamed cake. Size only gives you a bit more of the same spore which you, in reality, have enough of already.

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Making a Spore Print [Re: thisone]
    #1763980 - 07/30/03 09:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Not entirely .
But it does matter in the genetic scheme of things !
Select bigger , stronger of a species to ensure future generations ability to diversify , and survive .
But if all you got is a little guy , is better than no prints for future use .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Anonymous

Re: Making a Spore Print [Re: tripndicular]
    #1764163 - 07/30/03 10:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Making a Spore Print [Re: ]
    #1764195 - 07/30/03 11:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

But I did not say you will get little mushies from little prints .
Theory of Evolution..........
Strongest , Smartest should only breed !  :wink: :blush: 
And I agree 100%  VIABILTY is the key to the universe

--------------------

Edited by tripndicular (07/30/03 11:09 PM)

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Making a Spore Print [Re: tripndicular]
    #1765123 - 07/31/03 07:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Easyiest way to make a print if ur gonna make syringes afterwards is get a half pint jar. Cut the stem off the cap and put the cap in there gills down, put the lid on the jar wait till the next day a voila. Add sterile water and scrape the spores off the bottom of the jar with the needle of the syringe suck um up and tada.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1765137 - 07/31/03 07:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineJon_Doe
UnidentifiedMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: Making a Spore Print [Re: Anno]
    #1765221 - 07/31/03 08:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:Bows before the almighty, French-chick obsessed anno:

Check this out, it makes shit convienent. I just wipe 'er out with alchohol, set 'er upside-down on a counter I wiped down with alcohol till it dries, and pop a cap in, and throw on the lid. 24 hours later, i pop it in the ol Positive Pressure HEPA filtered glovebox, remove the cap, and let her sit until I feel like shoving a syringe through that nice little self-healing injector (made out of a syringe plunger) and making a spore syringe. The thing cost like a buck fifty.. If you look closely, you can see a tiny little brown print of  the one tiny lil Agaricus i managed to pop off - Goddamn, those things are hard to grow! Biologically active casing layer this, appropriate conditions that...
:mumbles to himself in the corner:

Edit: Shit, I forgot the picture! And I'm horrible with a camera, too! :blush:

--------------------
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”

-Charlie Kelly

Edited by Jon_Doe (07/31/03 08:49 AM)

Offlinerave_propaganda
this guy
Loc: eastcoast
Re: Making a Spore Print [Re: Jon_Doe]
    #1766190 - 07/31/03 03:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

did that "self healing injector" come with the lid to that container or was it something you added. either way where could i find something like that?

--------------------
reality is a crutch for those who can't handle drugs

OfflineBob_J
Spaced outRabbit

Loc: alberta canada
Re: Making a Spore Print [Re: rave_propaganda]
    #1766223 - 07/31/03 03:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

get some kind of small glass jar (1/2 pint, or a baby food jar work well). wash it out, so its nice and clean. dont use the lid though. now put 2 layers of tin foil on the opening of the jar so its covered. stick it in a oven or a toaster for 15-20 minutes are 300 or so. take it out and let it cool overnight. this is done to kill and germs, etc.
now wait for the veil to break on a shroom. then wait another day until you see purple stuff on the stem. the spores are dropping now. heat up a safety pin and a small pair of scissors (or x-axto knife, whatever you have laying around). heat it up till its red, then stick the safety pin into the cap. now cut the cap from the stem and put facing down on the tinfoil lid. the safety pin lets you hold onto the cap without touching it. then wait a day or 2. heat up the safety pin again, and trash the shroom cap. fold up the tin foil and voila!!! you have a really dark spore print. now label it with the strain and the date. hope this helps...im not good at explaining things, i hope you can understand it.

--------------------

"With insomnia your never really asleep, and your never really awake"

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Making a Spore Print [Re: Bob_J]
    #1766343 - 07/31/03 04:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, that was GREAT Bob.  I understood your print-making post better then most Teks out there.  I think I'll save this one!  :smile: 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation