Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAlexestalex
fallen angel
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Loc: heart of the sun
5 gram shroom trip: What to expect
    #17635610 - 01/30/13 02:50 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I just purchased around 5 grams of dry psylocybin cubensis and I plan on consuming it all. I'm somewhat experienced in the psychedelic realm; I've done high potency levels of salvia and 1.5 gram shroom trips several times. Salvia was obviously intense as fuck while the shrooms simply distorted time, made sounds appear jumbled, and gave me mild hallucinations when looking in the mirror. I'm wondering what to expect from a 5 gram trip, I just want to know how you guys feel, how you see the world (physically and mentally), what sounds sound like, etc. Also, how important would a sitter be? Despite the lack of intensity with my 1.5 gram shroom trip, my gf sat in with me and even though I fully trust her and all that jazz, solo trips for me at least are always 10x more enjoyable. btw how much control do you guys normally have at 5grams???

Thanks

Edited by Alexestalex (01/30/13 02:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRJFA
Stranger
Male
Loc: Michigan, USA Flag
Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: Alexestalex]
    #17635667 - 01/30/13 03:02 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I think most anyone will tell you that the biggest factor determining how your trip will turn out is you: maybe quite a lot will happen, maybe it won't. I tried an eighth my first time and wasn't very satisfied - there were patterns on the wall, I had some strange thoughts, but that was about the extent of my trip. Next time I wanted to try psilocybin, I did nine grams of mushrooms, which were cut up and put in lemon juice. Probably the worst thing I've ever had to drink in my entire life, but it was effective and seemed to amplify the effects.

If you think you can handle doing it by yourself, I'd say go for it. I don't like tripping with friends, because the psychological aspect of the experience is what appeals most to me. Still, I'd recommend talking to someone you trust beforehand: make them promise to pick up the phone if you call. If you know someone who's done shrooms before that'll act as your sitter-from-afar, even better. I tried calling people when having bad LSD and mushroom trips, and, since none of them had ever had a psychedelic experience before, was treated like a clown or joker. I told one friend that I was scared and didn't know my own name or what to think of "time," and he just laughed and answered my questions straightforward, even though I told him what was happening.

It's very important, in my opinion, to establish yourself some boundaries before tripping. Tell yourself you won't leave your room, your apartment, or some certain section of the woods - this works for me, generally, but not work for you.

My first trip with a higher dosage I had fun while my friends were still around and lost control after they left. I wandered around the house naked before lying in bed, hearing sirens in my head and thinking that I'd done something very bad. I had delusional thoughts, wondered if I really existed, and kept telling myself out loud that everything would be alright. Second time I did a solo trip with a high dosage, it started bad and ended wonderfully - I had a mild sort of ego death, cycled through every positive emotion one could possibly have, and saw the most beautiful scenes behind my closed eyelids. I was very disappointed when I started regaining my sobriety. Solo trip with LSD was just bizarre, and I don't think I'd want to do it again.

Hm. To summarize, my advice would be:

- Have someone you trust ready to answer the phone or come over if you need them to
- Establish boundaries for yourself before getting messed up
- Make sure you're in a safe place and don't have any cause to worry
- Allot a period of time for your trip where you're fairly free from responsibility

OfflineLysergicX7
Lunatic
Male

Loc: Montana, USA
    #17635668 - 01/30/13 03:02 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Expect some ego dissolution. 5 grams was how much I took my first time, maybe a bit more, and it was life changing trip. If you aren't going to have a sitter make sure you set some ground rules for yourself before you trip. The shrooms will probably nail you to the ground for the most part, atleast they did for me. Have some good music ready. What you enjoy sober might not be that enjoyable when tripping that hard. You have very little control mentally, 5 grams is intense and the shrooms basically take you where they want you to go.

--------------------
“Everybody is fundamentally, the ultimate reality. Not god in the political kingly sense, but god in the sense of being the self – the deep down basic whatever there is. And you’re all that… only you’re pretending you’re not.” -Alan Watts

I think that in human evolution it has never been as necessary to have this substance LSD. It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be.”
― Albert Hofmann

OfflineGravity
Happy Learner
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. East Bay, San Francisc...
    #17635688 - 01/30/13 03:07 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

A 5g trip will be much more intense than a 1.5g trip. You will hallucinate hard for an hour or more. But don't worry, you'll know you're hallucinating.  You'll probably have much less coordination than normal, so some preparation is in order.  Have everything that you need in place.  This includes your music, smokes, drinks, ambiance, etc. 

BTW, I avoid looking at a mirror when tripping.  Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand it. 

Peace & Good Vibes!

--------------------

Edibles Found and Eaten

Chantrelles  Blewits  Shaggly Parasols  Honey Mushrooms  Candy Caps

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: LysergicX7]
    #17635704 - 01/30/13 03:09 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

1.5 to 5 is quite a step up... just saying. I wouldn't call 1.5 all that "experienced". 5 is bordering on some pretty intense levels. But it's not entirely unmanageable if you can hold your head straight. Normally would recommend an eigth before jumping to a dose like that.

for me 5g's started as crazy fractals over everything... melting to the extreme... tracers splitting off into what looked like atoms. I had some pretty intense "spiritual" type visions at the peak and towards the end I experienced one of the most mindblowing thought spirals.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: Gravity]
    #17635782 - 01/30/13 03:26 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Gravity said:BTW, I avoid looking at a mirror when tripping.  Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand it.

I actually do it every single time I trip. Weird too, because under any other circumstances I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror (I'm highly self conscious about my looks). I dunno why but it's fascinating to me.. I like try to see inside of my pupil and into my head or some shit.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Edited by Shroomslip (01/30/13 03:27 PM)

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: Shroomslip]
    #17635892 - 01/30/13 03:49 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I have tripped far more times than I can keep track of.
still to this day I never know how/what my trip will entail.

propper set and setting are a must on high doses because your cognitive ability in things like remembering what your doing for more than 10 seconds will be hindered.
basically pre pick music/CD's pour a big glass of ice water so you have something cold to drink the whole trip, food is less important but I almost always get hungry on the come down, fruit is nice but I rarely buy any unless its specificly for the trip or after.

lately I have been having "themed" trips, my last trip I started after killing 3 hours playing minecraft and the entire time, each situation I would think of I would imagine was being played out in a minecraft world, it felt so natural and I didn't even think anything was odd till I started coming down.
I remember thinking how dumb it was to not have a block next to counters so you could easily walk on them, also when I would use my phone when I normally hit the power button to turn off the screen, it seemed like I should just be able to place a block on my screen, then I started thinking about what block should be used, I believe I decided in obsidian.

one bit of advise I can give you (although I don't always follow it myself) is : Don't expect anything from your trip, but accept what your given.

unfortunately I often plan my visuals and how fun it will be to only be let down because the reason "magic" is soo cool is you don't see the hidden compartments if your looking.

--------------------
"If you're not worried that you took way
to much, you didn't take enough" -
Terrence McKenna

There is no soul, only the ego dies.
The body was never yours.

OfflineMotherNaturesSon
Neuromancer ☿
Male

Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: bishlap]
    #17636068 - 01/30/13 04:19 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

WIth that dose all I can say is:

Expect anything. You're beyond predictability.

:tipofthecap:

--------------------
:watchingyou: :raptorJesus: :teabird: :watchingyou:

Excerpts of inner dialogue III-V-VIII:

"Im no saint, but I do have genuine intentions."
"So you believe in intensions?"
"No. I believe in being genuine."

"The goal is to become more child-like, and less child-ish."

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #17636302 - 01/30/13 05:00 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

It's a good dose

RJFA was right on the money....
Need to relax... Enjoy it... Don't fight it... Just let go... Trust the mushrooms

I leave myself notes 'dude, you are tripping' and 'stay indoors'

You will be fine.... Enjoy!

Peace

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineOliverJames
Potion Brewer

Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: HarryL]
    #17636589 - 01/30/13 05:46 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I tried 5g for the first time this summer after a few experiences in the 1.5g and 3.5g dose ranges. Gonna be honest, I was not prepared haha. Not to say the experience was negative, but there was no way I could predict how intense the experience was for me. Like someone above said, I pretty much was laying down on the beach with my eyes closed for about 3 of the 5 hours. The closed eye visuals were beyond insane, it looked as though I was flying through a rainbow tunnel (very stereotypical psychedelic imagery but this is what I saw). Eventually I opened my eyes and began to talk to my friends who were stoned, every thought I had seemed as though it was echoing and linking itself to other thoughts I was having. In my mind, it seemed as though I transcended our language and I began to perceive the way my friends and I speak to each other as being incredibly primal. I actually took a dip in the water and it felt as though the water entered into my body from every pore and filled me with this euphoric cold feeling. Anyway, I eventually laid back down and I think I sort of passed out. I came to maybe 30mins later and was feeling very off. I felt as though I simply could never fully comprehend what just occurred. Despite the fact that it might make no sense to you, the best way I can describe the trip, is by saying it felt as though I was completely torn apart, my personality was tripped to shreds, my understand of the world completely diminished, and I simply died, and then in one big rush, I was reassembled and there I was, laying on the beach. Typed this up real quick, hope it gives you some insight. You can consider this a trip report from a more or less inexperienced tripper, only tried mushrooms 3 or 4 times before my 5g trip. Good luck man!

OfflineCan-i-bus
Melting

Loc: WA Flag
Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: OliverJames]
    #17637444 - 01/30/13 07:20 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

My first trip was 5 grams of cubes...it was absolutely amazing and life changing. You'll probably need a sitter if you haven't tripped hard before

During my first 5 gram trip I paused time...I watch trees grow...the skies opened up and started forming random gibberish words in geometric patterns. The giant tree in my backyard turned into a nug and started burning... My friends faces melted, I looked into the mirror (big mistake) and my eyeballs started melting out of their sockets. My depth perception was so fucked up that the wall in my house that was usually 10 feet away from the couch looked like 100 feet away. I had all sorts of revelations about life that I still hold on to till this day.

And that's just 5% of the stuff....I can't explain the rest

Just let yourself go and don't fight it. Let the shrooms take over :mushroom2:

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: Can-i-bus]
    #17640408 - 01/30/13 09:02 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

5 is the perfect dose. Terence Mckenna said it best...5 grams in silent darkness

--------------------
Shroom Honey Preservation Tek

InvisibleAlexestalex
fallen angel
Loc: heart of the sun
    #17676620 - 01/31/13 01:39 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks a ton guys, I'm really looking forward to this tomorrow! You all did a great job of giving me an idea of what to expect :smile:

--------------------

Stay far from timid, only make moves when your heart's in it.

InvisibleTheShroomingAtheis
He's gone....

#17676632 - 01/31/13 01:42 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

asking what to expct means you are not in the right mindset yet.

--------------------
You gotta face the music!

Offlinein.wonderland
Stranger
Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: Shroomslip]
    #22915268 - 02/17/16 11:35 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
I actually do it every single time I trip. Weird too, because under any other circumstances I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror (I'm highly self conscious about my looks). I dunno why but it's fascinating to me.. I like try to see inside of my pupil and into my head or some shit. 

I do this too! Glad I'm not the only one!

Offlinebigpeat
Stranger

Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: in.wonderland]
    #22916038 - 02/17/16 03:25 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I just love looking at myself on the mirror ... I have body issues but i find myself so god damn beautiful on the miror while on shrooms :laugh: don't know why :smugjerry:

Offlinein.wonderland
Stranger

Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: bigpeat]
    #22916075 - 02/17/16 03:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sure you are beautiful with or without shrooms! Love yourself no matter what :thumbup:
I like to see how huge my pupils are, but that is probably just because I'm weird af. :crazy:

Invisiblepsychofast
psychonaut
Male

Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: in.wonderland]
    #22918444 - 02/18/16 06:44 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

go into it w/o any expectations. i had 4 gram dose kick my ass more than 7 gram dose once.

OfflineBroly
eat more lsd
Male

Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: psychofast]
    #22918508 - 02/18/16 07:10 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Expect to be tripping balls. The best trips though have little expectations.

I woke up one morning , lemon tekk'd 4.15 grams. Had a pretty amazing experience , except for the come up which made puke.

OfflineGravity
Happy Learner
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. East Bay, San Francisc...
Re: 5 gram shroom trip: What to expect [Re: Broly]
    #22918637 - 02/18/16 08:24 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Old post is old.

--------------------

Edibles Found and Eaten

Chantrelles  Blewits  Shaggly Parasols  Honey Mushrooms  Candy Caps

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order