Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

old time acid
    #1763105 - 07/30/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I ask this question to anyone who ate LSD in the 60s and/or 70s (the "hippie years"). Was good acid then basically the same as good acid is now? If not what are the differences?

Gracias.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: old time acid [Re: Gog]
    #1763229 - 07/30/03 03:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Im sure Chinacat and WR will Chime in....

But, potency, the strength of hits, so ive read.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1763264 - 07/30/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Acid from the older years was stronger. Meaning there were more micrograms per dose. Back in those days doses ranged 250-500mcg. Nowdays there 20-100mcg. So the big difference is in potency.

As for acid quality. There is still relativly good acid around its just not layed at the strength it was. At the blotter dosage levels you can't tell the difference between clean and not so clean acid ,except by its strength. The difference is in the potency.

For a complete rundown on LSD crystal, purity and whatnot check out the threads in ODD "LSD-Crystal to blotter" or "The developmental status of LSD-25"

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: old time acid [Re: chinacat72]
    #1763295 - 07/30/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Who is it that is putting such low levels of lsd on the paper?(The middleman?) If the family heard about this wouldent they simply stop distributing the pure crystal and instead lay the right amounts on the paper and distribute it? It seems that the family is giving the lsd to the wrong people, and pre-laying the sheets would solve this problem.

Edited by resin (07/30/03 04:08 PM)

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: old time acid [Re: resin]
    #1763360 - 07/30/03 04:06 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

There seems to be a few folks that are stretching doses out to far and going well below 100mcg. These are family people too. :crazy:
The brown microdots were made by someone who fucked them up by trying to stretch them out. I have heard that this person will never see crystal again.
The agreed upon strength is 100mcg. per dose. This has been in place since the early 80's. Those that are breaking this rule of thumb are making enemys fast.
I am long since retired so I have no say in anything except to bitch and moan about the crap that I hear is being pulled.
There's new  middle management in the LSD scene and I don't think their doing a very good job. 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

#1763384 - 07/30/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Have the families valued changed? I thought that they used to give it away for free, and now their trying to stretch it out to make more $? Also could you provide any info on how microdots are made?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #1763392 - 07/30/03 04:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Whats, 'the family?'

Pardon my ignorance... :smile: 

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#1763407 - 07/30/03 04:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Most of the older people have retired. We don't have any involvement except to bitch at the younger people that are fucking up.
Its the people that have changed not the values.
I have a feeling the top is getting pissed.
As for the rest of family politics I stay out of them and have no comment.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: old time acid [Re: MOTH]
    #1763422 - 07/30/03 04:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: old time acid [Re: MOTH]
    #1763530 - 07/30/03 04:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Why cant they try to make acid in stronger hits like 190mcg pre-dose made of needle point crystals in some funky retro psychedelic pattern blotters? Why cant it be like the 60s again?....LSD needs to come back in the masses...

If they did it acid would become more popular again and profits would go high.
They should try to do this for a year and watch the money flow in like crazy.
Just need to sell it cheap like $5 a hit. Need a test run for one year and have a hippy year. :cool:

The new age needs a big flow :wink: of LSD because the population is way higher.

OfflineGrandpa
Oh, my achingback

Loc: Springfield
Re: old time acid [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #1763558 - 07/30/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

We need a new ronald stark.

--------------------
I don't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs.
--Nancy Reagan, former First Lady

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#1763565 - 07/30/03 05:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

]
Why cant it be like the 60s again?....

There's 2 reasons the standard dosage level is 100mcg.
1. Money
2. In the past when doses were 300-500mcg. people had more potential to flip out. 100mcg. is a managable dose for someone who has never tripped before. They can be comfortable at that dose and then work up to higher, more benificial doses.
If somebody takes 500mcg. of LSD and has no experiance or idea about LSD then they could really freak out at that high of a dose.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

#1763622 - 07/30/03 05:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

But 25 mcg.? Thats not enough to experience it, at all. And people are charging 4x the amount they were 4 years ago, for 1/4 of the lsd. I wish the elders would do somthing about it, But who will take over after the elders pass on?(The dicks who are charging 4x the price for 1/4 of the acid?) Man I think world is getting greedier every day. Also any info on how they make microdots? Thanks chinacat, your the best

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#1763729 - 07/30/03 06:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

25 mcg. is a big no-no. Thats not a dosage level that people will not put up with. The person doing it is already unemployed, so I've heard. Alot of the paper out there this summer should be around 100mcg. The first buddhas and fractals especially. Good people put those out.
Some folks may stretch batches to get more product thinking people won't notice. Karma will take care of that.
My main problem is the prices. They need to flood the lot and drive all the prices down. Little batches have been getting released here and there. They need to dump about 2 million doses out there and get the prices down to 2$ a hit were they should be. Its not a matter of not enough acid either, it's a matter of kids that don't want the prices to drop.
Anyway all I can do is bitch because I am not involved in anyway with this anymore. I am just a spectater like everyone else.

As for microdots the crystal is made into a paste thats pressed into a mold and hardend. I never made them or liked them. They used to sentance LSD dealers on wieght not # of doses. Paper is lighter than dots. Now the laws have changed, but If a medium other than paper were to be used I would definitly prefer gels. They don't crumble to pieces like dots do.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #1763796 - 07/30/03 06:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well, cheap acid is out there, just in bulk. Im hearing 1.40 a hit for sheets or more, and in the 1000+ market 70 cent hits.

Also, ive heard about some new blue blotters that are supposed to be spectacular...im wondering if these could be old spidys?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

#1763829 - 07/30/03 06:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I've eaten hard dots before, that don't crumble. They were small, black and round. One of them was a VERY high dose, much too high in fact, since it was my first time. The dot, and the blotter I got recently, are probably in the 200 to 300 mcg range - I say this by comparing mine and others' trips to the tales of people who tripped off Sandoz stuff in the 50s and 60s. Some "elders" say it's impossible for me to be eating 200 mcg hits, but I'm telling ya... that London 'cid.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: old time acid [Re: PDU]
    #1763834 - 07/30/03 06:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

140 for a sheet isn't cheap at all in my opinion. A complete stranger should be able to walk onto a Dead lot and buy a sheet for 70-80 bucks. I payed 30 bucks for my first sheet many many years ago. And it was very,very potent. Ahh the good ole days. :heart:

As I said before in ODD the prices for gram and multigram quanity's is basically the same its always been. It isn't like acid is anymore expensive to make than 10-20 years ago. The people at the top are charging standard family prices the way it should be.
The problem is people at the bottom buying smaller quanitys then charging outragious prices. There's not really anyway to control them except to flood the lot so much they have no chioce but to lower prices.
Some people on tour are making a ton of money and it isn't the people on top.
I'm retired though so I have absolutly no say in how much is spread.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#1763844 - 07/30/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gog said:
I've eaten hard dots before, that don't crumble. They were small, black and round. One of them was a VERY high dose, much too high in fact, since it was my first time. The dot, and the blotter I got recently, are probably in the 200 to 300 mcg range - I say this by comparing mine and others' trips to the tales of people who tripped off Sandoz stuff in the 50s and 60s. Some "elders" say it's impossible for me to be eating 200 mcg hits, but I'm telling ya... that London 'cid.

Dot's absorb moisture from the air after awhile and then they get crumbly. If stored properly it isn't a problem, but on tour is a pain in the ass. Not to mention trying to divide up packs of 10,000 of them.

As for London acid. I know nothing about it other than its made and distributed by a whole different network than over here. It very well could be stronger, I don't know.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #1764423 - 07/30/03 10:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yea i think they need to make acid stronger too
The fractal i had was good but you need like 3 to really get tripping. Maybe i just got a weaker dose...but i think it would be better if they made stronger doses

although i see what china cat i saying about high doses freaking people out...people who flip out from too much acid their first time arent likely to want to do it again

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinekief
Dr. Nuggz

Loc: east coast
Re: old time acid [Re: Help on the Way]
    #1764459 - 07/30/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

acid is nonexistent here.

--------------------
the mind is a terrilble thing to waste i show love causes it a terrible thing to hate.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds