Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinescotsman1
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: guess
was he right to kill intruder
    #1762587 - 07/30/03 12:00 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

what do you think
read this and let me know. killed intruder

--------------------
We're Bought and Sold
For English Gold

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: was he right to kill intruder [Re: scotsman1]
    #1762595 - 07/30/03 12:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

He was right.

Perhaps a few more dead theives would slow the rest down a bit.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

#1762601 - 07/30/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

the story doesn't give any real details about it...

i mean, were they inside his house when he shot them, or were they running away to their car?

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: was he right to kill intruder [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1762605 - 07/30/03 12:08 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Ok - now I agree with you twice. I need to go for a bike ride or something.

I see NO problem with killing an intruder to your home. You have no way of knowing whether they intend to do you harm, and I think their mere presence in your home in the middle of the night wearing ski masks and carrying bags is sufficent evidence that they do to warrant a pre-emptive strike.

But you must remember that this was in the UK - where there are about 15 gun-related deaths a year, compared to about 30 thousand in the US each year. Kind of a different animal, when taken in context.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Anonymous

Re: was he right to kill intruder [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1762612 - 07/30/03 12:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

the UK - where there are about 15 gun-related deaths a year

do you have a source for that? that sounds pretty outstanding.

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: was he right to kill intruder [Re: ]
    #1762747 - 07/30/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'll have to dig. It's been some time since I've seen the stats (like 7 or 8 years), but last I heard, it was in that ballpark.

I'll find more solid stats later, tho.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1762766 - 07/30/03 12:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm probably a little more radical than most but i feel if you enter someones private residence with the intention of taking what is not yours you should also be prepared to be shot. I think he was well in his rights to kill that kid.

I feel no sympathy for those that invade someone's private space with bad intent.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: was he right to kill intruder [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1762791 - 07/30/03 12:59 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

From the Observer (emphasis mine):
Quote:

Firearms crime on the rise

Sunday January 5, 2003
The Observer

75 per cent of guns seized last year by Metropolitan Police Operation Trident were de-activated or replica weapons.

17,589 firearm offences were recorded in England and Wales in 2000/01. Of these, an estimated 58 per cent involved air weapons, the highest proportion of such offences ever and 1.2 per cent more than 1999/2000.

7 police officers were shot in England in 2000/01. In 1994 the total was 21; nine of those wounds were light.

?150 is the going rate to purchase an illegal handgun in London. A semi-automatic weapon is sold for ?300-?400.

10.58 people are killed each year per 100,000 population in the USA compared with 0.69 per 100,000 in the UK. Suicides comprise 62 per cent of UK gun deaths.

2/3 of armed robberies in England and Wales involved a handgun.

417 was the total number of people killed with guns in the UK 2000/01. Only 12 per cent of the firearms used were legally registered.

1 hour is the time it takes to convert a Brocock air-powered pistol into a gun capable of firing live ammunition.

3.5 per cent of firearms certificate applications were rejected in the UK in 2000. 125,363 were issued.

?9.8 million pounds is the estimated value of the replica gun industry, twice that at the time of Dunblane.

Compiled by Nosheen Asghar. Sources: The Home Office, Metropolitan Police, The Gun Control Network Organisation

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1762795 - 07/30/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:
I'm probably a little more radical than most but i feel if you enter someones private residence with the intention of taking what is not yours you should also be prepared to be shot. I think he was well in his rights to kill that kid.

I feel no sympathy for those that invade someone's private space with bad intent.

My thoughts exactly. Anyone that breaks in my house will find themselves blown into pieces if I am there. I will assume they are there to kill me and my family, and act appropriately.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1762978 - 07/30/03 02:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:

Just for shits and giggles, do you think mushroom pickers should be prepared to be shot for being in someone's pasture, taking fruits that grow off of cow shit?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: was he right to kill intruder [Re: Skikid16]
    #1762989 - 07/30/03 02:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

no...unless they're hippies. :smirk:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblewingnutx

#1763019 - 07/30/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't automatically kill anyone who broke in, but they'd have to be an obvious non-threat. I will err on the side of caution, though. People don't kick your door in just to deliver cookies.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: was he right to kill intruder [Re: wingnutx]
    #1763022 - 07/30/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

People don't kick your door in just to deliver cookies.

they do in detroit. Our girlscouts will kick anyones ass!!

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisiblewingnutx

#1763050 - 07/30/03 02:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My neighbors 2 doors down were killed by home invaders that probably had the wrong address.

A guy I used to work with is on death row for doing something similar. He and some of his buddies invaded a house, claiming to be bounty hunters, but were most likely looking for drugs or cash. Killed 2 people. Too bad the homeowner only had a pistol, didn't make it through their kevlar. A rifle would have saved his ass.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1763060 - 07/30/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

wingnutx said:
My neighbors 2 doors down were killed by home invaders that probably had the wrong address.

A guy I used to work with is on death row for doing something similar. He and some of his buddies invaded a house, claiming to be bounty hunters, but were most likely looking for drugs or cash. Killed 2 people. Too bad the homeowner only had a pistol, didn't make it through their kevlar. A rifle would have saved his ass.

That sucks. Moral of the story, aim for the head I guess. I hope it never happens to me, but if it does, my 12 guage full of buckshot ought to produce the desired effect.

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: was he right to kill intruder [Re: shakta]
    #1763068 - 07/30/03 02:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

or have a rifle.

Luckily, most goblins don't wear armor.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1763175 - 07/30/03 03:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't want to have to really aim in that situations. I figure my shotgun at close range will remove whatever it hits, if my aim is not quite true.  :grin:

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: was he right to kill intruder [Re: shakta]
    #1763207 - 07/30/03 03:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I got a 100+ lb rotti male, and an 80lb rotti-pit female to keep people out of my house. I wonder exactly how effective they would be....i've trained them to guard.

I would not shoot someone who broke into my house here, because most likely they just want your shit....i wouldn't be surprised if they only had knifes. I would however stand behind one of the many corners and beat them from behind with a baseball bat....if the dogs were finished that is...

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: was he right to kill intruder [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1763224 - 07/30/03 03:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I would never fight against a knife with a bat unless I had to. Bats are easy to take away from someone, while knives are very, very difficult. Even a gun is easier at close range.

A knife wielder within 21 feet of you should be shot if they so much as twitch. That's the distance an assailant can cover before the average person can react defensively.

The dogs are pretty damned good, though.

Edited by wingnutx (07/30/03 03:37 PM)

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1763243 - 07/30/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I really have a hard time imagining such a situation though...
I've never even been mugged at the skytrain station..or had my lunch money taken away even. I don't live in a dangerous neigbourhood either.

Do you think dogs could be an effective deterant? well to anyone not a kevlar wearing, shotgun weilding professional...

I knew someone once who knew someone, who knew someone, who did home invasions and he was offered a chance to do one. They'd equip him with kevlar vest, some gun, and all that shit....it was pretty scary to think people would do it for no good reason other than the fact that the house may have a couple grand worth of jewelery or electronics they could sell....

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies