Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAli22
Stranger

Bad Tripping
    #1754314 - 07/27/03 10:33 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

A Few month ago I decided to take shrooms whith some friends. My first trip was week, nothing much happened because I didn't take much, I just felt like shit.
My second trip started off amazing; we went to the huge grossery store and I felt like I was in heaven, the colours and lights were crazy, but when we got back to our grim, dark appartmen to watch a movie every thing became bad. I locked myself in my room and began to worry about bullshit like our place in the univerce and I realized how stupid and insegnificant we are.
Finnaly my third trip was was hell, I semed to be stuck in that trasition phase rigth after eating them where you feel naseaus and axious. It was similar to having a relly high feaver and the flu only 1000 times worst. It felt as if i was stuck in hell and I could only consentrate on the bad things in my life. I lay on the couch in aggony and th pain did not stop untill I smoked a fat joint. I remember nothing after smoking apart form a point my arm was no longer attached to my body.

The next day a swore I would never take them again but ater hearing of many good trips i really want them to work.

Is there somthing wrong with me or am I doing somthing wrong?

Also
I appologize for the shit spelling but the checker was not working and im dyslexic, (so piss off)

--------------------
Meow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: Bad Tripping [Re: Ali22]
    #1754375 - 07/27/03 11:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

How many grams were taken in each of those two bad trips?

--------------------

Offlinekief
Dr. Nuggz

Loc: east coast
    #1754377 - 07/27/03 11:05 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i think most people have had a bad trip before it all has to do with your state of mind when you consume then and you ability to control yourself. there is nothing wrong with you i have had a few bad trips just make sure you are in a familiar place with chill people next time you trip.

--------------------
the mind is a terrilble thing to waste i show love causes it a terrible thing to hate.

OfflineAli22
Stranger

Re: Bad Tripping [Re: kief]
    #1754396 - 07/27/03 11:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I only took 2 or 3 grams, but i have no tolerence. I really dont want to risk bad tripping again Because it was quite gay. I need some king of failsafe plan..
I was in a familiar place, my apartment, with my roomates.
Altough my apartment was shitty and my roomates were somewhat douchbags.

--------------------
Meow

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #1754411 - 07/27/03 11:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Altough my apartment was shitty and my roomates were somewhat douchbags.

Ding! :ooo: 

--------------------

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Bad Tripping [Re: blink]
    #1754422 - 07/27/03 11:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

go outside with pepole you love.

Offlinekief
Dr. Nuggz

Loc: east coast
Re: Bad Tripping [Re: domite]
    #1754484 - 07/27/03 11:52 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

being around people who are chill is key

--------------------
the mind is a terrilble thing to waste i show love causes it a terrible thing to hate.

Offlinesw1sha
Stranger
    #1754690 - 07/28/03 02:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

or by yourself :smile:

alot of tims i cant trip around some of my closest friends,

the place where you trip is very immportant also, i figured your second trip went downthe shitter after you said how wonderful the shop was, then you went to the dark apartment....id suggest maybe putting a few diff lights around your apartment? a friend has these strange blue tube lights that are wrapped around his ceiling and near his floor.....when we trip it looks like the lights are racing around and around, its awsome :wink:

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: Bad Tripping [Re: sw1sha]
    #1755367 - 07/28/03 07:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Set and setting are fundamental to the experience; if you're fairly new to the experience, I would suggest doing some reading on the subject, as knowledge can be very useful. I think going out into public is pretty undesirable when tripping, personally; I prefer being in a more naturalistic setting if possible, I think the shroom experience just lends itself more to such a setting. Being around people you're not very comfortable isn't great to begin with, so why be around them in a state of experiential magnification?

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #1755405 - 07/28/03 07:40 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

It was similar to having a relly high feaver and the flu only 1000 times worst. It felt as if i was stuck in hell and I could only consentrate on the bad things in my life. I lay on the couch in aggony and th pain did not stop until I smoked a fat joint.

I have dyslexia as well and I experienced what you have during my first few trips' too. I found that I was keeping myself looped in bad thought and I did not let myself calm down. Sometimes when I trip now I get the same feeling and I have to remind myself that it is only my brain that creates these feelings. I have spoken to other dyslexic friends who trip and they say the same thing. Next time you take a large trip keep some 5mg diazepam on hand and when you are feeling like it is overwhelming take one sublingually.

--------------------

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #1757145 - 07/28/03 06:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kief said:
being around people who are chill is key

this is probably the best tip....if you are with a few friends and you are all tripping, you will constantly be doing things and you won't even have time to get caught into a thought loop that would end up as a negative experience.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: Bad Tripping [Re: Cubieman420]
    #1757245 - 07/28/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

now see, thats the wierd thing

personally, I have to trip by myself or I wont get to trip the way I want to, if my friends are on anything or not

like a bought an 1/8 for myself and one for my friend and I had a plan that would work out for myself and hopefully give him a good trip for his second trip but I didnt follow it at all and let him do what he wanted and due to him we ended up eating them early and not having a place to chill and he constantly wanted to do different things and all this led to me wasting my trip babysitting him then I was deperessed because it was the heaviest trip I ever had and I had to waste it and that sent me into a bad thought loop and I ended up having a really bad trip.

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Bad Tripping [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1757371 - 07/28/03 08:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

tripping with just one other person might not be quite so good as opposed to a group of 3-4. Because yes, you might want to do different things and if any tension arises between to people that are tripping it could end up as a bad experience. But I just love eating shrooms or acid with a group of close freinds in a care free atmosphere, nothing better...i'd freak out tripping alone, gettting high alone isn't even cool. But in every tripping situation I have encountered (12-16 acid...about the same with shrooms) so far I never had a problem...unless I take alot, I realize that I took a drug and that is why I feel the way I do, I guess some people are just more prone to having bad times. Another quick tip is this....before you trip on anything make sure your mind is clear of any "problems" like...don't trip if you are pissed off at someone, or you recently got into a fight, just make sure you are free of any worries.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

OfflineHvnisaCap
journeyman
Loc: MIA
    #1759644 - 07/29/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah your state of mind is very important. More important is your ability to keep bad thoughts from snowballing and getting bigger or in essence, putting your self in a downward spiral. Part of the reason some people have great trips is that they can do the opposite and bring up a trip. Roomates can have tension or they can be great. It's a coin toss. So is tripping alone. In the end, once that shit is in you, its up to you whether or not your trip will be good. And that's the best thought to have before and during the trip.

Offlinemakisupa09
Re: Bad Tripping [Re: HvnisaCap]
    #1761233 - 07/29/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ive never had a "bad trip" on shrooms- however there are times when i feel worried or start to look at situations in my life and become almost depressed- the best thing to do in times like this is to just go with the flow- your tripping, its easy to get your mind set on something negative when your tripping but its even easier to flow from one thought to the next- if you find yourself focused on a negative thought just do something else- (smoke a bowl) and it will pass- people always talk about "preparing" for a trip- in my opinion this is impossible for me its a totally diff experince everytime, you never know whats gonna happen- thats the best part...just go with the flow and take a lower dose if you dont like those intense experiences

--------------------
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

InvisibleSteevil
Re: Bad Tripping *DELETED* [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1762026 - 07/30/03 05:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Steevil

Reason for deletion: I had embarrassing opinions in the noughties

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Bad Tripping [Re: Steevil]
    #1762043 - 07/30/03 06:16 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I semed to be stuck in that trasition phase rigth after eating them where you feel naseaus and axious. It was similar to having a relly high feaver and the flu only 1000 times worst. It felt as if i was stuck in hell and I could only consentrate on the bad things in my life.

I have had an extremely similar expeirence (one of my most memorable)  but fortunately I ended up breaking out of the bad thought loop after an hour or two. For me I think it was because I had become to internally focused, on my well-being, why the fuck is was I so hot? :mad2: etc etc and focusing on these annoyances only intensified them. At the same time thinking  about all the shitty aspects of my life... Its quite common, I think most people have had a trip like that.. Dont let it disuade you, I look back at it with fondness it was another random escapade with the  :mushroom2: .

PS. Steevil, I think everyone's has the annoying friend thing :smile:   

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1762959 - 07/30/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If you didn't enjoy the experience, then don't do them anymore; but don't ever forget that they DID zap you for a while

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder