Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedickmcplentie
Traveler
Loc: Orions Belt at the moment
too much grain not enough room
    #1761477 - 07/29/03 11:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have a friend that has had very poor luck with colonizing jars until finding the shroomery. Now every experiment seems to have wings. The result is WAY to many jars and not enough fruiting chamber. This won't be a problem In the future because she now understands the timing better, but that doesn't do shit for her now. Has anyone found themselves in this situation?

She has refrigerated jars before to slow the growth but there has to be a way to do this.
Do the same principle work for larger (4 -6 tray) fruiting chambers?
Are there special problems to watch out for going this big?
Is it better to simply stack smaller sterlite type fruiting chambers?
Has anyone got any pics or links that might help her out?
There isn't really much discussion about invitro fruiting here, is it an option worth looking into?

--------------------
The above statement has been a figment of my imagination. Niether the statement nor the writer is real, we are both fiction & should not be taken seriously in any way

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
Re: too much grain not enough room [Re: dickmcplentie]
    #1761567 - 07/30/03 12:07 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

my friend needed more space for his non psychedelic mushrooms so he got a kiddie tent and a vicks sonic humidifie. all he did was line the inside with garbage bags and duct tape.. it works very well

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: too much grain not enough room [Re: MycoGlowFlow]
    #1761592 - 07/30/03 12:23 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well if your friend has alot of jar infact too many as you put it what she could do is take a few jars and put them in a tray and then case then this will get rid of some jars and you will get better yeilds for fruits and more flushes and you don't need a grow chamber for cased shrooms most of the time if it is deep enough.I have a grow chamber for my cakes and when I get too many going I start to case them in a tupperware container that is about 12" deep and the lid that is joined to the container keeps the humidity high enough so I don't need a grow chamber to keep the humidity up and if it don't come with a top/lid you can use clear wrap to cover it and all I do is just mist it to keep it moist you don't want it too wet and I use a sheet of paper to fan the casing out 3 times a day.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlinedickmcplentie
Traveler
Re: too much grain not enough room [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1762381 - 07/30/03 10:24 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm individual fruiting trays... thats a good idea. She still has awhile before she will spawn but thats simple and makes sense.

--------------------
The above statement has been a figment of my imagination. Niether the statement nor the writer is real, we are both fiction & should not be taken seriously in any way

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1762393 - 07/30/03 10:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You can put fully colonized jars of grain in a box or something that keeps light out 100% , and then store in the fridge , this will cause myc to go into a hybernative state slowing down the rate it is consuming nutes etc ... , then when ready to use (birth ) they will be anxious to fruit .
Good Luck
May The Mushroom Goddess Bless All Your Endeavors !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinedickmcplentie
Traveler
Re: too much grain not enough room [Re: tripndicular]
    #1762408 - 07/30/03 10:38 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah she's refriderated to birth all at one time in the past. I think she's just as low on fridge space as fruiting chamber space.
If your going to solve one of these problems why not solve the one that results in more fungus.

Thanks for the help and keep it coming!

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1762424 - 07/30/03 10:46 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Use some sort of shelving in this tent , and make more trays up at once !
There are only two options to solve this dilema , well maybe three ....
1) slow growth so as not to waste colonized jars
2)expand grow room size , use larger sized trays
3) give to others to try growing for themselves

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinedickmcplentie
Traveler
Re: too much grain not enough room [Re: tripndicular]
    #1762503 - 07/30/03 11:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm give to others... That's an idea

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates