Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinex7x_x7x
x7x, my problem child.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: buenos aires Flag
In Syria, the Mate is the drink of rebellion and a war booty
    #17617609 - 01/27/13 04:41 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Taken from Argentina, went from being a privilege of the rich to rebels favorite

Aleppo, Syria. - If the Syrians gave the Argentines figures who entered the history books, even a president, the River Plate corresponded with the mate. In the mid-twentieth century, in one of the many ups and downs of the economy in Argentina, returned to Syria many children and grandchildren of those who had emigrated some time.

Fate determined that, over the years, mate now has become not only an "infusion rebel", but in a booty of the war torn country.

Those immigrants who returned to Syria from South America they did with all the cultural baggage of the fields, forests and ports.

At first, the mate who brought with them not only a fashion of the wealthier classes, a way to make a difference with the sectors that could not afford the cost of this product, imported from the wilds of a continent whose existence there was only one test available: the grass that came in the holds of ships to docks and Latakkia Tartus.

The Alawite minority came to power in 1970 with the coups launched by one of their own, Hafez al-Assad, Bashar's father, the current Syrian president. With this, the minority acquired the habits of the rich, and their meetings, mate won legitimacy letter beside the traditional beverage.

The revolutions, however, are made to match. And mate, once a luxury, is now an essential drink for the rest of the opposition fighters.

"When we conquered army positions, along with weapons and equipment captured yerba provisions of Alawite officers," says Mahmoud, a 25-year-old fighter joined the ranks of the Free Syrian Army (SLA).

Mahmoud and other rebels are gathered in his small local barracks before darkness falls early winter, in the neighborhood of Salaheddine.

Several of them were fighting earlier in the first barricades, made of rubble, furniture and scrap cars, soldiers against Bashar al-Assad. Some are snipers, a species that, in addition to harass others, holds particular wars that demand precision, energy and endless patience, including roofs, windows and open holes in the walls.

Those who arrive later find their mates katiba Al-Waed (military unit Promise) praying. "Mohammedun resulullah (Muhammad is the prophet of God)", repeat. There comes a time to relax, swap stories. Delgado, Ibrahim takes his black jacket, pulls out a cigarette and sits down. 28, is one of the largest of the group.

Are arranged in three chairs, old and dirty. Dejan arms resting on the floor, the gun in his hands. The eyes look who will be in charge of preparing a drink, that's Walid. In a small vessel serves coffee. In other, slightly larger, teas. And in the larger glass, with handle and bulb, mate.

Whoever wants Matt receives an individual container. It runs between the combatants, nor do tea or coffee.

It is hard to imagine in the Argentine plains, around the fire at night, after a hard day and equally armed. Here in the city, you can hear the mortars and rifles, smell the rotting garbage and death.

In the open field, to accompany them rumors of cows, the smell of leather and the faint stench of manure.

Besides the intrinsic pleasure of drinking mate, enjoying a victory early insurgent war booty which symbolizes the strength of the rebels.

Hassan and accept Gawad pose for the camera with a rifle, glass, bulb and grass. Behind them is the war: Salaheddine neighborhood in Aleppo, in ruins. With commercial smile, Hassan shows the product package: beautiful Arabic calligraphy. He turns, and the label is in Castilian. The brand is Kharta Khadra. Another legend says: "Origin: Argentina"

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1549364-en-siria-el-mate-es-la-bebida-de-la-rebelion-y-un-botin-de-guerra

--------------------
cultivando en la miseria

SuctoSpore® Pictorial Tek

x7x_x7x@shroomery.org

carl_jung_in_lsd@yahoo.com

koh samui and oak ridge are my favourite strains

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline3Cajun1Mo8
Fung Padawan
Male

Re: In Syria, the Mate is the drink of rebellion and a war booty [Re: x7x_x7x]
    #17618274 - 01/27/13 10:25 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

This is shittiest written article I think I've ever read. I'm assuming the drug being referenced is the drink? I'm hoping this is translated or something

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: In Syria, the Mate is the drink of rebellion and a war booty [Re: 3Cajun1Mo8]
    #17618486 - 01/27/13 11:20 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

3Cajun1Mo8 said:
This is shittiest written article I think I've ever read. I'm assuming the drug being referenced is the drink? I'm hoping this is translated or something

If you follow the link you can see it has been translated. The article is a little tough to read in some parts but it was still interesting. Thanks for the post.

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: In Syria, the Mate is the drink of rebellion and a war booty [Re: bryguy27007]
    #17618597 - 01/27/13 11:44 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I didn't see what was so terrible about discussing the fad. :thumbup:

Americans might also take notice of their implied presense in South America.

OfflineI Like Dots
Stranger
Re: In Syria, the Mate is the drink of rebellion and a war booty [Re: durian_2008]
    #17625795 - 01/28/13 07:46 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

What? Yerba Maté is just like a stronger tea leaf. The only drug it contains are mild amounts of caffeine. Its just kinda a comfort thing, it is usually served at family events and such. it tastes ehhhhokay i guess.

Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies