Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Psilocybe allenii are damn potent.
    #17615977 - 01/26/13 08:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I found a small patch of Psilocybe allenii a couple months ago. A couple weeks ago I decided to finally give them a try starting out small. So I nibbled on three tiny mushrooms before going to a party/gathering of sorts. I usually almost always take mushrooms alone in silence, but I figured this dose was very small, just enough to give me a nice body buzz, a lift in mood/mild euphoria, and some color saturation.

Well....:smirk:.....I ended up with a bit more than that. What I took ended up weighing no more than 0.25g, a mere 1/4 of a gram, and it felt like I had took 2.5 to 3g of Cubensis. I know this particular species is on the potent side, but damn I was not expecting that. Like I mentioned, I don't like being around people or in social settings with mushrooms, but this was one of the smoothest, easiest going, clear headed mushrooms experiences I've ever had, all the while I was still rather caught off guard at how hard I was tripping from such a minuscule amount.

Every time I've taken them, these P. allenii have provided me with a trip that seems a bit "smoother" than Cubensis has, very potent mushrooms, but smoother going, more lucid. I'm curious what a solid 3.5g of these things will be like :strokebeard: .

For those of you that have tried P. allenii, I'm curious to hear if they've been as potent in your experience. And have any of you come across some particular mushrooms that stand out as being way more potent than usual.

-OM

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineel_barto
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe allenii are damn potent. [Re: openmind]
    #17616063 - 01/26/13 08:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well I havent tried p. alleni but i pick cyans and they are pretty similiar potency i believe. but i definately wouldnt try an eighth unless you work your way up to that dose.

InvisibleCavemen

Re: Psilocybe allenii are damn potent. [Re: el_barto]
    #17616263 - 01/26/13 09:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

jealous. :tongue2:

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Psilocybe allenii are damn potent. [Re: Cavemen]
    #17616371 - 01/26/13 09:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Don't believe they are any more potent than cyans...

0.25 gm are not going to be 2 gm of cubes though...  Think there was something else going into your experience....  They are not 10 times more potent that cubes... Honest

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe allenii are damn potent. [Re: HarryL]
    #17627238 - 01/29/13 02:18 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

HarryL said:
Don't believe they are any more potent than cyans...

0.25 gm are not going to be 2 gm of cubes though...  Think there was something else going into your experience....  They are not 10 times more potent that cubes... Honest

I've had cyans before and they do seem more or less the same potency, I've had a little bit of experience with both over the years.

You're right though, other factors/variables likely contributed to the experience I had. It could of just been the setting, it was a small gathering on the 21st of last month, a handful of other heads & friends were tripping too.

Either way, I was caught off guard at how pronounced the effects were from such a small amount. Compared to my experienced with cubensis, cyans and allenii seem considerably more potent.

Among the wood-lovers, is there any chance that potency can vary somewhat from patch to patch or between specimens?...I'm not talking a difference of 10x but a somewhat marked variance in the concentration of alkaloids.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineJanithMcShawn
inbred baboon
Male

#17627243 - 01/29/13 02:24 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

if he gets bunk cubes - they could be 10x more potent :rolleyes:

Assuming 0.2%* alkaloid content in X amount of cubensis.
Assuming 2.0% alkaloid content in Y amount of P. allenii.

10X * 0.2 = 2X = Y * 2.0 = 2Y
2X = 2Y --> x=y :grin::laugh2:

ANYWAYS...

The concentrations of psilocin and psilocybin, determined by high-performance liquid chromatography, were determined to be in the range of 0.14–0.42%/0.37–1.30% (dry weight) in the whole mushroom, 0.17–0.78%/0.44–1.35% in the cap and 0.09–0.30%/0.05–1.27% in the stem.

from Tsujikawa K, Kanamori T, Iwata Y, Ohmae Y, Sugita R, Inoue H, Kishi T. (2003). Morphological and chemical analysis of magic mushrooms in Japan. Forensic Science International 138(1-3): 85-90.

Edited by JanithMcShawn (01/29/13 02:25 AM)

OfflineNCDayTripper
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Loc: NorCal
    #21916190 - 07/08/15 06:06 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Bout to try out 1.8g of the p. allenii I harvested and dried this past December. This is the largest dosage I've done with this seasons harvest. I'll post a follow up and let y'all know how it went....

Following up on the same post here about 25 hours later. Well what can I say, firstly I am glad I did my homework and dosed accordingly per the species. I took 1.6 grams and blended them thoroughly in a coffee grinder, I then drowned the powdered goodness in 3 lemons worth of fresh lemon juice and set a timer for 20 minutes... DING DING timer goes off, a lil nervous for what I may embark on I chug down the brown/black sour soup and chase it with a swig of Odawalla Strawberry C-Monster. Ahhh.. the taste is gone my mouth is clean and now it's the waiting game...

didn't take more then about 10 minutes or so for me to feel the chill up my back and shoulders and the body high began to set in fast and heavy, body temp went from warm to cool back to warm, my palms began to get clammy and sweat it was pretty intense for the first 50 minutes or so. After about 30 minutes I had to calm the body high with a bong load... My mind began to race and focus/concentration became an effort, I HAD to get this bowl smoked... I had to medicate to stabilize the body high and what was going on inside me.  The yawns started to over take me after I took my first big rip... w/ every yawn the visuals started to seep in, the rainbows, the transparent fractal curtains over everything in my bedroom.  After about an hour I the body high had mellowed to a point where I realized maybe I could use a snack. I embarked on the task of making some Top Ramen, a few timers and about 10 minutes later I managed to successfully pull that task off w/o burning anything including myself.

I was feeling good and proud of myself for being able to cook Top Ramen tripping balls...W/ this sense of accomplishment and now truly enjoying the '"ride" I decided to keep the party going and munched down another .4 grams for a total now of 2.g, chased them down with some more Odowalla and every time I drank it the visuals would get an intense spike.  I found myself being mesmerized by the shine/reflection that was emanating off anything and every little thing that was metallic in my line of sight including my silver wedding ring, I was like a fish reacting to a shiny lure or something... what a ride...

So folks, yeah these are the real deal and no need to take 3.5 of p. allenii at one time and if you do, please post here and tell us how that was for you...

--------------------
“The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.”
― John Muir

Edited by NCDayTripper (07/09/15 08:56 PM)

OfflineFred_feuerstein69
Stranger
    #27777430 - 05/14/22 10:03 PM (2 years, 6 days ago)

Thankx

OfflineTyperwritermonky
shboop a doop a doop

Loc: Mrs. Brown's Teahouse
Re: Psilocybe allenii are damn potent. [Re: Fred_feuerstein69]
    #27777575 - 05/14/22 11:54 PM (2 years, 6 days ago)

I've also found p. alleni to be incredibly potent, more potent then cyanescens.  Well, the p. alleni from Bay Area I picked were more potent then cyans from Washington.

I usually microdose with them, and take a bit of the cap maybe the size of four or five rice kernels or so.  Very small, maybe half or even less of my pinky nail.  If I take a part of the cap the size of my whole pinky nail, I am usually past threshold and it's no longer a microdose.  They are super freaking potent.

What did the three mushrooms weigh?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate