Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
a challenging task...
    #1761196 - 07/29/03 11:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

...to accept that you are in total control of your life. you make all the choices.

although it is alot of responsibility, i think the beauty of this state of mind is what really comes through. I have been here for awhile and continue to feel these moments that are almost like checkpoints along the journey of life, reminders that I'm doing what I should be.

I have learned the most important thing to me is that I am trying. it doesn't matter what happens, what gets thrown my way, what I gain, what I lose, all that matters are my intentions, my will to keep pushing through it and coming out the other side. the shackles are all in the mind.

i've had to let everything go, and see what floats back to me on its own. and there is still always so much to do, boredom's not a burden anyone should bare. get your head out of the clouds and look at what is out front of you. please do it for yourself.

peace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OnlinetrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: a challenging task... [Re: Grav]
    #1761223 - 07/29/03 11:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Bingo  :smile:

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: a challenging task... [Re: trendal]
    #1761322 - 07/30/03 12:16 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Their are a lot of little checkpoints, and even bigger checkpoints where you get a burst of insight about your life. How you interpret these and live by them have a great impact on your life. I would like to paste a great reading (From Cyber Craft(http://www.deoxy.org/cc-intro.htm):

Circuit Seven Application
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot one can say about applying Circuit Seven day-to-day, due to the nature of the circuit itself; the application in this case is discovering and remembering that as you watch Universe Universing itself, you are seeing your own circuitry in action. Once realized, this discovery frees you to adopt any metaphors you wish or none at all, to drop them at will, to pick useful elements from each reality-map and to discard non-functional ones immediately. The possibilities from this point are endless. With the staggering realization of total self-responsibility and self-determination comes the creative tension needed to construct, edit, and destroy new worldviews for fun and profit. There is much to be learned by dispensing with reality- maps entirely, if only for limited periods of time. As Lao Tsu knew,
In the pursuit of learning, every day something is acquired.
In the pursuit of Tao, every day something is dropped.
And, from the Zen tradition:
Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era, received a
university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup
full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflow until he no
longer could restrain himself. 'It is overfull.
No more will go in!'

'Like this cup,' Nan-in said, 'you are full of
your own opinions and speculations. How can I
show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?'
-- Zen Flesh, Zen Bones

Such a refresher course in objectivity can, of course, be quite startling -- if there is one thing that can be reliably expected from experimentation with this circuit, it is the element of surprise. Situational ethics, relativity, and agnosticism are useful tools indeed; the CyberNaut makes good use of them.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: a challenging task... [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1761347 - 07/30/03 12:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The most accurate picture and the most joyous union I have of this topic was experienced on 7 tabs of alien head acid. It is of course hard to describe in words, many experience that reach beyond are current understanding and knowledge. But at this state, I was in control of EVERY aspect of my reality. In any event that took place or would take place, I could always see how to transcend it in order to make a more happy and erotic universe that I lived in. At this point my ignorance was absorbed, and dispenced to me as bliss, understanding, e.t.c. I couldn't get stuck in any bad thought pattern because all the bad things were necessary for good, and all good was enought to nullify the bad. As best as I could describe, their were entities from both the heavinly realm and entities from various hells. But I could transcend heaven and hell, because they were one. I could willingly give my ego up and join the unified force feild of oneness that is responsable for the duality extremnes. And at will, I could exist this to join the entities without attatchment to heaven or hell, entertaining myself with pure love. joy and compassion for all beings all throughout the universe.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1761476 - 07/30/03 01:30 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I know this might be early to say this hasn't gotten much messages. But I would be glad for at least one person to give a response to my two posts. I don't post much on the S&P forum, but tonight I felt happy, and seemed to be able to expressed myself easily.

peace people!!!

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1761663 - 07/30/03 02:58 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

that circuit seven snippet is interesting... I guess that is how I feel in a way, but there is something very temperemental that stays with throughout all the reality-map rearrangement..  it's not a total conversion, rather a better line of communication formed with headquarters, if that makes any sense :smile:

also the bit about the acid trip makes me feel insane when I read it. :smile:  I really would not like to transcend any forms of reality or however it is you described... that sort of thing has led me to bad places in the past.

but it did sound very intriguing and I'm really happy you were able to go through it like that...  how do you feel about the trip in retrospect?

im tired, having trouble being coherent

thanks for response E_D  (and your scary-ass avatar!!)

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1761673 - 07/30/03 03:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

haha, don't worry about being tired, I know exactly what you mean. I would like to give you a PM of a more detailed report of the trip, and talk to you. I am on the Shroomery regularely, so I will PM you soon. Have a great night friend.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1761935 - 07/30/03 05:37 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

...to accept that you are in total control of your life. you make all the choices.

To be honest I dont really agree. I think the challenge is to accept that really your are not particularly in control. The biggest challenge is submission. To think you are in control and make all the choices could be an ego affectation. Was it you Grav who has laid off the drugs of late? Thats a good thing to be able to do when needed but dont forget what you may have been shown along the way. To become an empty vessel for the "overmind" - That is how I see the challenge.

PEACE

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinestinkynuts138
journeyman

Re: a challenging task... [Re: GazzBut]
    #1761970 - 07/30/03 06:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i've been living like that my whole life.

OfflineTavarua
A Nobody

Loc: Califuckinfornia
Re: a challenging task... [Re: stinkynuts138]
    #1761977 - 07/30/03 06:41 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You are actually in control of very little. But that is no reason to dismiss personal responsibility.

Life is what you make of it, though. How you react to the actions of others. Or what you decide to do with a rainy day- for instance. Most of your decisions and choices throughout any given day are forced by outside stimuli. THEN... it's up to you.

--------------------
Gotta love life cuz life be lovin me

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1762041 - 07/30/03 08:14 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

A reassesment! We do indeed make all the choices - Its being aware enough to realise which options are the promptings of our own egomind and which are being prompted by the "something else"

PEACE

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: a challenging task... [Re: GazzBut]
    #1762289 - 07/30/03 11:28 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, thanks Tavarua

I didn't mean we have physical control over everything, rather we have control to react to everything in life however we really want to. but the entities that prompt reaction, we have no control over...

gazz, i have not and never will forget the world of "chaos" we live in, and what has been shown to me. even if i wanted to, i could never ignore what i see as facts. in short - the rhythmic dance of the universe and the inter-connectedness of the human spirit.

i am striving for mental stability now, something i think is alot more rewarding than being on some cold towering pedestal of objectivity of the mind. i see it as a fundamental to being human that i have ignored for too long...

actually come to think of it, i am still chasing the essence of what i experienced on psychedelics, though the drugs themselves are just broken down vehicles now.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1762295 - 07/30/03 11:31 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

gazzbut: The biggest challenge is submission

submission to another part of you that you have more trust in is a 'choice', and it is one I have made.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1762300 - 07/30/03 11:34 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

and maybe one day I will choose to not believe in choice anymore.  and that will be my choice :wink:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1762411 - 07/30/03 12:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Grav said:

although it is alot of responsibility, i think the beauty of this state of mind is what really comes through. I have been here for awhile and continue to feel these moments that are almost like checkpoints along the journey of life, reminders that I'm doing what I should be.

I have learned the most important thing to me is that I am trying. it doesn't matter what happens, what gets thrown my way, what I gain, what I lose, all that matters are my intentions, my will to keep pushing through it and coming out the other side. the shackles are all in the mind.

i've had to let everything go, and see what floats back to me on its own. and there is still always so much to do, boredom's not a burden anyone should bare. get your head out of the clouds and look at what is out front of you. please do it for yourself.

Dude, you've found it. There is nothing in the outside world that forces us to do anything.. it is al in our head and how we choose to react. I mean, if your car breaks down, why let that ruin anything? You're addicted to your car not breaking down, so when it does, you're unhappy. Why can't you just say "well, my car broke down, I PREFER that it doesn't, but since it has, no big deal, it doesn't have to effect me emotionally, it is out of my control. since it was just a PREFERENCE, anyways, what does it matter?"
I like this example right here:
The monk found himself being chased by a tiger. He ran as fast as he could, and came to a cliff. A tree overhanged the cliff, so he climbed out to it. Down below, was two more tigers. He was too heavy for the tree, and it started to break. Right before it broke, and he fell to his death, he saw a strawberry in the tree. He reached out, and ate the best tasting strawberry he ever had.
I mean, if we have something to do, to prepare for the future or whatever, we do it. We get it done. If you need to get your license renewed, then do it. However, if there is nothing to do that needs to be done, or anything that will help you get where you want in the future, then why worry about it? Why think about it? Why not just enjoy what is around you?
I mean, the fucking monk was presented with the threat with the tiger. He did all he could do to avoid it, to keep on living. However, when there was nothing more that he could do to save himself, he didn't let the threat of immediate death faze him, he fucking ate the fucking strawberry.
I once again recommend Alan Keyes "Handbook to Higher Consciousness". Simply life-changing (this is how I came across what you have found out.. but there is a lot more there. it shows you how to reprogram all the negative bullshit that runs through your minds, how to eliminate suffering, etc. Definitely check it out).
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinetitan_shroomer
master of dreams
Loc: i am a universe
    #1764017 - 07/30/03 10:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

im right be hind u as soon as i graduate frm high school and my parents cant try to rule my life im movin to europe to become a cheff/fisherman

--------------------
fuk the police
-NWA

im not an anarcist im a FREEDOM fighter
-Me

God damn it i dont like this brain i want a new one.
-Me

nothing happens till it moves
-Eistien

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: a challenging task... [Re: titan_shroomer]
    #1764138 - 07/30/03 10:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well, good luck, man.
As long as anyone lives like what me and grav were describing, they should be fine.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang: