Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleevenbreak
Stranger
Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays
    #17594298 - 01/22/13 11:46 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i made a thread here where I had a bad experience with this old man on craigslist. i'm okay now for the most part but i kind of distrust old guys now if they are gay...

but i made it a life goal to turn my life around. i'm sick of being a depressed kid with no friends who's stuck in his parents house. I decided to move out. I found this guy on craigslist who will give me a pretty decent deal in a good area in a big and quiet house.

But i'm feeling paranoid. We met once, and talked for a couple hours. I don't know how to leave a conversation so i just stayed waiting for him to tell me its time to go but he never did. I told him about my situation, basically that i'm trying to turn my life around. He told me about his. he's in his late 30s, has a good job, but he's single. He never once mentioned having any type of romantic relationship with females. In fact, he says he specifically doesn't want female roommates. The excuse was there was only one bathroom and he doesn't want to have to cover himself up. (wtf?)

I don't know. it just strikes me as off, you know? If you're a single straight male in his late 30s, wouldn't you want a hot female roommate? Maybe you won't seek that out specifically, but would you really mind if a woman wants to be your roommate?

And then in the emails he seemed rather enthusiastic to hear from me. When i said i'll probably take the room, he said "that's great news!"

i'm just scared he'll be creepy... and i have no idea what to do. What is the standard thing to do when looking for a roommate? I'm very lucky to find such a good price at a good location, but i can't tell if i'm just paranoid or if i'm about to sign a 6 month lease and stuck with a guy who's going to creep on me...

please help. seriously, i will value any good advice, i'm honestly lost. I plan on taking the room, but am i actually making a terrible mistake?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAser
("")(-.-)("")
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: evenbreak]
    #17594325 - 01/22/13 11:53 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You're over thinking it. The guy probably doesn't want a female roommate because it would be a hassle. He's probably happy you contacted him because he is now saving on half rent instead of paying it himself.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: evenbreak] * 2
    #17594341 - 01/22/13 11:58 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

OP  lift some weights and take up boxing, seriously.

OfflineOZA
When the going gets weird.....
 User Gallery

Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: evenbreak] * 3
    #17594353 - 01/22/13 11:59 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Female roommates are far more dirty and annoying than male roommates. Have you been to a girl's dorm room?

--------------------
The happiness consists in realizing that it is all a great strange dream.

OfflineBoomin907
Male

Loc: The Last Frontier
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: OZA]
    #17594368 - 01/23/13 12:03 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OZA said:
Female roommates are far more dirty and annoying than male roommates. Have you been to a girl's dorm room?

True story

--------------------
Yes I watch a lot of movies.

Pick it, pack it, fire it up, come along and take a hit from the bong.

I've heard money doesn't buy happiness, well it sure pays the sadness debt!

InvisibleMushroomNSwiss
Capt. Obvious
Male

Loc: On a beach, in hell.
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: Repertoire89]
    #17594373 - 01/23/13 12:03 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You won't ever know if you just sit on the computer asking what we think. We can't see the guy or get his vibe. If the hair on the back of your neck stood up when  you met him..... that shit is instinctual..... RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise, do it go for it. You only live once homie.

--------------------
The early bird may get the worm... but the second mouse gets the cheese.

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: Boomin907] * 2
    #17594377 - 01/23/13 12:03 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Dude. Bathroom, makeup and shit EVERYWHERE.

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Invisibleevenbreak
Stranger
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: MushroomNSwiss]
    #17594389 - 01/23/13 12:07 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomNSwiss said:
You won't ever know if you just sit on the computer asking what we think. We can't see the guy or get his vibe. If the hair on the back of your neck stood up when  you met him..... that shit is instinctual..... RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise, do it go for it. You only live once homie.

actually he seemed normal and well adjusted... well, his political views were kind of odd, he had some conspiracy theorist thing going on, and really hates google because he thinks they invade your privacy.

But i really can't read him. There are just some things that make me paranoid, such as his enthusiasm to have me as his roommate. He said if i don't want the room then that's fine, he won't look for another roommate. And also how we talked for hours and he didn't mention any romance with women. Except for when he was talking about his past roommate and said he brought home a different girl every night. He was saying this with disdain.

Oh, and one of his rules is no overnight guests.. as if he doesn't want me to get laid or something...

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male
Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: Boomin907]
    #17594392 - 01/23/13 12:07 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

before you rent the room, just tell him straight up that you are not a homosexual and would not like to engage in any activities of such a manor. make it clear that if he is, it's totally cool, you just don't want to be anything to him other than a room mate and a friend.

just be respectful, upfront and blunt about your feelings BEFORE you get the room. save yourself from any akward moments in the future.

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: evenbreak] * 1
    #17594405 - 01/23/13 12:10 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

evenbreak said:

Oh, and one of his rules is no overnight guests.. ...

Fuck that shit dude, no way

OfflineMilkdudTitties
My Nipples Look Like Milk Duds
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: Ima Trooper] * 1
    #17594411 - 01/23/13 12:11 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Having a female roommate is not cool. If you think it would be cool because of the prospect of DSHSB, thats a big mistake. You have to live with a roommate, they are around A LOT.

If you shack up with a female, make a move, and it goes wrong youre fucked. Even if it works out, your now stuck with the chick.

Or, if they have a douchebag boyfriend, you gotta deal with him being around too.

The dude probably just wants someone who is cool to hang out with and can pay rent

Invisibleevenbreak
Stranger
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: Salomon]
    #17594414 - 01/23/13 12:11 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Salomon said:
before you rent the room, just tell him straight up that you are not a homosexual and would not like to engage in any activities of such a manor. make it clear that if he is, it's totally cool, you just don't want to be anything to him other than a room mate and a friend.

just be respectful, upfront and blunt about your feelings BEFORE you get the room. save yourself from any akward moments in the future.

I'm pretty sure he comes from a culture that finds homosexuality immoral and repulsive, so if he's gay, it would be closeted and he might be very offended if i ask him straight up...

Invisibleevenbreak
Stranger
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: Repertoire89]
    #17594422 - 01/23/13 12:13 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
Quote:

evenbreak said:

Oh, and one of his rules is no overnight guests.. ...

Fuck that shit dude, no way

the thing is i'm not getting laid at all right now... that's something i want to work on. the rule sucks but the rent is so low at a good location...

ugh i don't know. i'm not sure if i can have enough game to get laid before the lease is over anyway... probably not worth thinking about.

Invisibleevenbreak
Stranger
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: MilkdudTitties]
    #17594431 - 01/23/13 12:15 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MilkdudTitties said:
Having a female roommate is not cool. If you think it would be cool because of the prospect of DSHSB, thats a big mistake. You have to live with a roommate, they are around A LOT.

If you shack up with a female, make a move, and it goes wrong youre fucked. Even if it works out, your now stuck with the chick.

Or, if they have a douchebag boyfriend, you gotta deal with him being around too.

The dude probably just wants someone who is cool to hang out with and can pay rent

true. but what about just for the eye candy? It's just odd to not want a female roommate at all, not even entertaining the thought of it. girls are nice to look at and fun to talk to even if you're not having sex with them..

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: evenbreak]
    #17594449 - 01/23/13 12:20 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Guy's probably a religious nutter.

OfflineTHCybin
The Journey

#17594467 - 01/23/13 12:26 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

evenbreak said:
true. but what about just for the eye candy? It's just odd to not want a female roommate at all, not even entertaining the thought of it. girls are nice to look at and fun to talk to even if you're not having sex with them..

Maybe he doesn't want a girl roommate because he doesn't want it to lead to anything else, or maybe he isn't comfortable being around women as a roommate, maybe he only wants females living with him if he plans on taking it to the next level. But who knows, this is just probably my weird way of thinking, but your guy... he probably is gay, I've never trusted craigslist.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: THCybin] * 1
    #17594469 - 01/23/13 12:28 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Although I feel slightly bigoted for thinking this way, Craigslist is crawling with homosexuals. Id never look for a roommate on there.

OfflineTheHydrogenBomb
I SUPPORT RULE #4
 User Gallery

Loc: Silent Hill Flag
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: THCybin] * 8
    #17594471 - 01/23/13 12:28 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

maybe he's a closet homosexual who finds you attractive,

and wishes to reveal himself to you,

hoping you would welcome him with open arms?

--------------------
:reset:

InvisibleMushroomNSwiss
Capt. Obvious
Male

Loc: On a beach, in hell.
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: TheHydrogenBomb]
    #17594493 - 01/23/13 12:33 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

As much of a drama queen as you are being.... I'm thinking you're the gay one.

--------------------
The early bird may get the worm... but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offliner00tuuu123
Now I'm just really piseed
 User Gallery

Loc: I'll be there in a minute
    #17595277 - 01/23/13 08:19 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

evenbreak said:

ugh i don't know.

ugh ? Dude yous gayer than Rock Hudson and Liberace!

--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

OfflineTheHydrogenBomb
I SUPPORT RULE #4
 User Gallery

Loc: Silent Hill Flag
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: r00tuuu123] * 2
    #17595968 - 01/23/13 11:42 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
:reset:

OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: TheHydrogenBomb] * 1
    #17596353 - 01/23/13 01:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I've lived with 3 gay dudes and they are super dramatic.  I would be GREATLY hesitant to do it again.  I live with a female now and she's pretty clean... no makeup shit everywhere.  Definitely cleaner than me.  She is very reasonable and is never dramatic.  Her bf is very respectful as well.  Dunno guys... guess you are living with hoes.  :shrug:

--------------------

"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

OfflineBikerfool
Your Local Edgelord
Male

Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: All We Perceive]
    #17610130 - 01/25/13 05:05 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Gay or not, this guy sounds fishy..

Not allowing overnight guests sounds really controlling, take that as a hint; it's likely that this element of control will find it's way into other areas of your living situation.

If he was a great guy to live with, he wouldn't be single and looking for a new roommate.

You get what you pay for. By saving a few dollars on rent, you're probably going to get yourself into a shitty situation.
Try to find some people your own age to live with.
This is 6 months of your life, don't take the first good deal that comes along.

Offlinempd
Lammen Gorthaur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mostly at home... Mostly....
Re: Moving out of mommy and daddy's place for the 1st time ever, im scared of gays [Re: Bikerfool]
    #17610216 - 01/25/13 05:23 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You should be very afraid of gays.  It can rub off on you, you know.

--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder