Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelamik4
journeyman
South African Pinning problems
    #1759377 - 07/29/03 01:09 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I recently cased two coco fiber casing of PES Hawaii and South African strains. Both colonized extremely fast on rye and did great. I have dropped the temp from a steady 87 degrees to 70 and even cold shocked half of the pints prior to casing. Once cased the PES over took the coco so quickly it got overlay and was doomed from that point even after scratching. However I caught the South African in time and patch cased it some and began light exposure and temps around 70-75. They get about an hour or more of artifical light per day. But it seems they are still vegetating and not beginning to fruit. It has been almost a week or more since I began the fruiting stages of its life. I know it could easily take over a week to show pins but I was curious if anyone had worked with this strain? If you have any guidance, its much appreciated!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJuice7
Spiritualist!!!
Re: South African Pinning problems [Re: lamik4]
    #1759412 - 07/29/03 01:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i am working with S. African right now
casing got mad overlay and had to be dumped
cakes are pinning after about week and a half
but i cant get solid fruits out of it

keep in mind im a newbie though :cool: 

OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
Re: South African Pinning problems [Re: Juice7]
    #1759659 - 07/29/03 03:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

swim has a rubbermaid of colonized horse poo and it has had hyphal knots for almost a week now. hes got them in the fridge dunking and shocking now tho.

--------------------

Offlinekemikal
Nutty Newbie

Loc: Lost in space
Re: South African Pinning problems [Re: Audi0]
    #1759700 - 07/29/03 03:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I have two cakes and one casing. I birthed the cakes and got a small flush with small fruits. After the first flush my casing was ready to go in. It's been in there for a few days, maybe a week and I have knots all over that bitch. This is my first grow by the way. Another note on the South African's....Last Thursday I ate some of my EQ's to see the potency, and they fucking blew my mind. But then my South Africans were ready at the same time, and I couldnt resist. So I ate a few dry grams of them on Saturday, and barley noticed anything. I'm thinking there might be 3 reason for this. First, it's more than likly because I tripped 2 days before. Second, I was also smoking and drinking, and just not noticed the subtle trip because of tripping a few days before. Third, which I hope is no factor, they are bunk shrooms. But what I dont understand is, I've tripped on acid two nights in a row before and had good experiences both times, and I just thought maybe it would work the same for mushrooms. Ohh well, guess not. Sorry for babbling and jacking the post...

--------------------
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,
baffle them with bullshit."

OfflineMrSleep
P. Cubensis
Re: South African Pinning problems [Re: kemikal]
    #1759739 - 07/29/03 04:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

My friend grew/ate some South Africans PF style just recently and got a nice solid trip off the first flush. 3 dry grams about.
-Mr.Sleep

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: South African Pinning problems [Re: kemikal]
    #1760343 - 07/29/03 07:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

AFOAF's transkei's are disapointingly weak. Not bunk, but certainly less potent than the B+'s grown side by side with the exact same methods.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Invisiblecalicyco
Re: South African Pinning problems [Re: Tantalus]
    #1760462 - 07/29/03 07:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Have patience!!! One week after initiating pinning is not that long. Give it some more time.

Offlinelamik4
journeyman
Re: South African Pinning problems [Re: calicyco]
    #1760811 - 07/29/03 09:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm only worried because the South African strain seems so aggressive that it could end up in overlay again. I don't want to keep patch casing it either. Could someone post so pics of coco fiber that is right on the dot for casing before pinning. Overlay is the main concern here, if I get some time I'll post a picture later tonight.

OfflineMrSleep
P. Cubensis
Re: South African Pinning problems [Re: lamik4]
    #1760854 - 07/29/03 09:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

My friend of a friend is more disappointed with his maza cakes, they look like they will fruit weak as fuck he says, not in potency but size. He thinks it has something to do with him throwing the cake outside one night and bringing it back in the next night and trying to fruit it. No problems so far other then small size which should be attributed to PF style.
-Mr.Sleep

Offlinefactory81
enthusiast

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ibiza, Spain
Re: South African Pinning problems [Re: MrSleep]
    #1761117 - 07/29/03 11:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

AFoaf's 1/2 pint pf tek results so far with S.A. are kinda dissappointing......
First flush, 15.4 gram wet, 2nd flush, 21.2 gram wet....
His fruits on the first flush were the thinnest and littlest mushrooms ever......the 2nd flush actually was almost respectable in size, but in direct comparison his Creeper cake was noticably better.......

Oh yea, another comparison. Mushrooms dont really smell we all know that ya know but they kinda do...they give that "ya thats a bag of fuckin raunch ass funny mushrooms".... south african didn't exert to much of this smell, his creeper first flush, when dried, kinda "reeked" like mushrooms....

Edited by factory81 (07/29/03 11:19 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation