Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
DMT Vs Shrooms
    #1755344 - 07/28/03 07:01 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well I had so far 4 experiences of free base dmt, all I can say this stuff is very very strange I did not see any thing like what McKenna describes thou some frinds of mine did, The visions have nothing to do (in my case) with visions giving by the shrooms.
With Dmt you can think like you think in your normal state, wily exploring those realms, the vision where some what dark (as in blackness de voided of light) but yet I could still see these very strange things I don?t even have words to describe, I did not feel any spiritual feeling Like I do with shrooms is more like you are just an observer watching a movie, I felt very strong time dilations like it will fell to me I was in another dimension for 20 minutes yet only 3 real minutes past.
I have some what mixed feeling with this substance I will definitely experiment a bit more, but I think shrooms are more holistic I kind of prefer them so far, vision wise, felling and learning.
Any similar feelings or comments?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenemesis
Stranger

Re: DMT Vs Shrooms [Re: LOBO]
    #1755352 - 07/28/03 07:07 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I haven't experienced more then a threshold dose of DMT. But perhaps DMT wasn't mean't to be consumed in this manner to be effective, too fast, possibly Ayahuasca, and DMT snuffs (maybe other tryptamines are important in combination) are more holistic experience?.. I wouldn't know but worth a thought :smile: .. you can be sure that the shamans over the many years sure thought so :P

--------------------
May Peace and fellicity smile on those who seek it.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Re: DMT Vs Shrooms [Re: nemesis]
    #1755365 - 07/28/03 07:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think you are right I had taken ayuaska once thou I did not get a full effect it was very different than free base similar to shrooms.

--------------------

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
    #1756026 - 07/28/03 11:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I've been hoping to find a guide for partaking of the ayahuasca experience, been doing some reading about it, and it sounds very worthwhile, therapeutic, and a unique means of connecting with the spirit world. It sounds like one should have a guide and be in a group setting to do it correctly, hope I can find such an arrangement at some point. DMT sounds so amazing; I guess the p. viridis leaves won't do anything if merely smoked since the temperature isn't high enough, correct? I know that native peoples in S. America do take it intranasally; is it only via oral ingestion that DMT is rendered inactive?

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: DMT Vs Shrooms [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1756098 - 07/28/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This is probably the wrong forum for this, but I think the problem with smoking plant material containing DMT has to do with its low concentration, not temperature. I remember reading somewhere about someone who had success smoking some dried Anadenanthera Colubrina (sorry about the nonexistent reference...) and that this was presumably a rare and unique case of (sometimes) smokeable DMT in a plant.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: DMT Vs Shrooms [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1756439 - 07/28/03 02:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I smoked anadenanthera colubrina and it had effects.. that's one of the things they make the snuffs out of, so it has a higher concentration of alkaloids than p viridis.. and it's mostly 5 meo DMT. Mushrooms are better for escaping reality and your problems than DMT. I mean, don't get me wrong, DMT gets you fucked up and is a great way to burn away a boring friday night house party (especially ayahuasca), but mushrooms are excellent.

Lobo: they are very different drugs and serve different purposes, they're more similiar to eachother than apples and oranges though. I find that DMT based trips send you into fantasy land where fucked up creatures are explaining their version of the truth to you. In my strongest DMT experience (aya) some little fellers were getting panicked because my brain was blasting through barriers and I could see that they (the little fellers) were filtering information down into our brains. They were keeping us locked into this incomplete reality view so that they could continue using us for fucked up experiments. As my brain smashed against these walls the fellers were trying to hold into place, I got a glimpse of one of these experiments. A half-bee half-man half-robot creature. The ultimate hive-dweller.

With mushrooms the "truth" isn't held in front of your face like that, though. You find it in the dirt , plants, saliva, and language. You're swimming through it.

The Chinese medical paradigm states that the body is made up of yin yang. Body (jing or essence) and mind (shen or spirit) respectively. This is the microcosm of the universe that is your body. DMT will get your shen going crazy (shen and DMT are both highly associated with the pineal gland). It ups that part of you to an extreme. This of course alters how you relate to your body, but most of the trip is going on in your mindspace. So, DMT trips throw your mind into hyperspace which means that your body has to compensate the firey increase of yang with yin in order to keep your qi balanced. This is unhealthy.

OfflineDrubuShrume
EAT ME - I'm afungi

Loc: Right where I need to be
Re: DMT Vs Shrooms [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1756451 - 07/28/03 02:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

From what I've been reading an IV dose of .4mg/kg is an intense, full-blown DMT experience. This is from the research done by Dr. Strassman. DMT:The Spirit Molecule has some very interesting accounts of IV-DMT research. (including tolerance studies with four high-dose sessions in one day.)

For me, Shrooms are somewhat chaotic, and I have a hard time discerning anything that is going on. But someone said DMT allows you to think in your normal mindstate, but in a different realm. Sounds pretty amazing to me.

--------------------
AH HA....

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: DMT Vs Shrooms [Re: DrubuShrume]
    #1756456 - 07/28/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, but in my case everything's too surprising and shocking... it's not a mellow scuba dive among the reefs, that's for sure.

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
    #1756675 - 07/28/03 03:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

lobo - what you describe sounds more like the effects of 5-MeO-DMT rather than N,N-DMT (refered to as just "DMT" ala McKenna and Strassman).

Do you know which you smoked?

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Re: DMT Vs Shrooms [Re: iglou]
    #1759033 - 07/29/03 07:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I know for sure it was N,N-DMT the other people that tripped with me had all the classic dmt visions (mantis, cable entities and cartoonish characters)

--------------------

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Re: DMT Vs Shrooms [Re: Dogomush]
    #1759071 - 07/29/03 07:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I am not saying that dmt is not a good experience, on the contrary it was very amazing and left me kind of in shook, I was really expecting something like the shroom dimension, but this sends you to a completely different place. (that was the shook to realize that there are so many different aspects of reality or the mind)
I also felt that what ever I was seeing had some type of consciousnesses and there were doing something to me.
And that was my concern, if there is a possibility even remote that these things are real, are they always acting on us? Or when we brake into their world that they become aware of us?
Like I said before is worth exploring a bit more but I am cautious about it.
Shrooms for me are grate guides I have establish a grate relation with them, they help me to reach my higher self brake the boundaries of my limits and if all conditions are meet correctly I can even reach the source of infinite love.

--------------------

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
    #1759356 - 07/29/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I know for sure it was N,N-DMT

wow - good find man :smile: That's a rare one.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1760830 - 07/29/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Try smoking it  on mushrooms. I find i'm able to get more out of DMT if I smoke it after I peak on 4-5 grams of mushrooms. The mushrooms seam to prime me for the experiance and allow me to get farther into the DMT realm for longer.
Thus allowing me to draw more from the experiance. After 20 years of psychedelic use I have found my current regime to be the most benificial( for me that is).
4-5 grams of dried cubensis+50mg. smoked DMT 2-3 hours after the mushrooms. I do this 2-4 times per year.
Life is very, very good. :heart:

When I was younger I used to smoke it on LSD trips. Very good also, but I prefer mushrooms now. IV is very potent way to consume. If you want the most bang thats the way to go. A bit too much for me though. 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: DMT Vs Shrooms [Re: chinacat72]
    #1760991 - 07/29/03 08:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

chinacat72 said:
A bit too much for me though.

I think we can now assume that its too much for almost anyone considering chinacats history.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Re: DMT Vs Shrooms [Re: chinacat72]
    #1762078 - 07/30/03 07:01 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Wow you must be one strong dude, I just did 5g of cubies last weekend and I can barely will my self to get up and pee, the thought alone of preparing a dmt pipe is beyond my capacity nor do I think my mind could take it at that moment.

--------------------

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1762152 - 07/30/03 08:06 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If you haven't read Chinacat's posts in the Thumbprint thread in The Pub (yeah I'm a lurker there), I really recommend it.

Anyway, cubensis can vary a lot in potency, and body weight and personal sensitivity is also a factor. I once reached the level of complete dissociation from external reality on just 1 gram of old aborts.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1762487 - 07/30/03 11:15 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LOBO said:
Wow you must be one strong dude, I just did 5g of cubies last weekend and I can barely will my self to get up and pee, the thought alone of preparing a dmt pipe is beyond my capacity nor do I think my mind could take it at that moment. 

The pipe is prepared before the trip. And then smoked after the peak.
When I do it this way the DMT is less startling. I seem to get higher from it this way, but the mushrooms have already opened me up and dissolved me so when the DMT hits me there is no fear or struggle.
This allows the DMT to work better and longer. Going into the experiance after mushrooms have dissolved my ego allows me to explore the DMT realms without being tainted by or guided by the ego.
DMT is pretty damn good at smashing your ego to pieces, but if you go into the experiance with your ego already smashed it's so much easier and more productive. There's alot to see in the DMT realm and anyway you can free yourself beforehand so you can soar higher and longer is a big plus.IMO

This is just my personal preferance and the method I have found for getting the most out of the psychedelic experiance. :smile:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineSev
Astropath
Re: DMT Vs Shrooms [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1763069 - 07/30/03 02:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheHobbit said:
I've been hoping to find a guide for partaking of the ayahuasca experience, been doing some reading about it, and it sounds very worthwhile, therapeutic, and a unique means of connecting with the spirit world. It sounds like one should have a guide and be in a group setting to do it correctly, hope I can find such an arrangement at some point.

Try a relatively light dose of ayahuasca and use Shpongle as your trop guide, in a dimly lit room. I did this last night -- my first try with ayahuasca -- and it was absolutely fantastic. It probably helped that I had an extremely good set going too. Remember that you're prolly gonna puke, though, so have a receptacle handy and try to fast a little, and drink only water for several hours before dosing.

(FWIW -- about 220 lbs body weight, 4g rue in acid extract, 10g mimosa in acid extract. Trip report to come when I finish writing it.)

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: DMT Vs Shrooms [Re: Sev]
    #1763095 - 07/30/03 02:50 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Shpongle and Aya = excellent combo :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSev
Astropath
Re: DMT Vs Shrooms [Re: Strumpling]
    #1763751 - 07/30/03 06:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yes yes yes yes yes.  %)  It took me to a lot of interesting places, and the very experience of the music was incredible.  I don't think that you can say you've listened to shpongle until you've listened to it out of your head on hallucinogens.  :wink:

...I can't wait to see what it's like to listen to that with a head full of shrooms.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order