Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: The Real Stupid Three Stooges [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1766834 - 07/31/03 04:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Voting third party may never get a candidate elected, but it does send a message.

Yup.
Both Perot and Nader sent a message alright.

The message was even though we stand zero chance of winning, we'll suck off enough votes to change the results.

Great message.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: The Real Stupid Three Stooges [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1766984 - 07/31/03 05:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Voting for the Gush / Bore ticket sends the message "You win, we give up.".

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1767033 - 07/31/03 05:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I must disagree.

The message I think it sends is this....

While I like neither... I'll vote for the one least likely to fuck things up.

And I don't think we need to get into a major debate on which one would / could be that one.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: The Real Stupid Three Stooges [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1767903 - 07/31/03 11:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Have a shroomy day. I won't be back to post here again in this forum.

You'll be missed John. Don't let the right-wing arseholes overwhelming the board grind you down, anytime you feel like posting please do so. You make a very refreshing change from the Bush-munchers.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Real Stupid Three Stooges [Re: Xlea321]
    #1768393 - 08/01/03 03:48 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

OMFG! You think this board is overwhelmed with right-wing arseholes?  :lol: :nut:

Stop trying to crucify yourself, you'll never get that last nail in without some help. MJ is a grown man, if he can't handle being treated like one then we and he all miss out.

But sometimes that's just how it is.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1768428 - 08/01/03 04:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Exactly. A vote for either is a vote for the same puppet master!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The Real Stupid Three Stooges [Re: GazzBut]
    #1768464 - 08/01/03 05:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
Quote:

Exactly. A vote for either is a vote for the same puppet master!

As was a vote for neither.

If you didn't vote, you got one of the two.
If you voted third party, you got one of the two.

At least by voting for one of those two, you were able to pick the lesser of two evils. (and he won by the way)

It's sad that we have to choose that way, but it's a reality.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1768473 - 08/01/03 05:33 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

That's only true if you look at an election as an event isolated from the continuity of time.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1768485 - 08/01/03 05:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ummmmm...... OK?

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1768492 - 08/01/03 06:07 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Not voting is a vote for regime change! :smirk: When nobody votes then they will have to do some serious thinking. 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1768501 - 08/01/03 06:15 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Gosh.... what a great idea.

Then a single voter can decide who our elected officials are.

That single voter could be me.    :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1768559 - 08/01/03 07:05 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

When nobody votes then they will have to do some serious thinking.

Bush could vote for himself and win the election....nice plan!! :laugh:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1768581 - 08/01/03 07:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I've seen some statements expressed here that I believe are incorrect.

It is not an obligation to vote (I know it wasn't you who made this statement, lds). It is, however, foolish in the extreme to not vote.

Voting for the "lesser of two evils" is an incorrect strategy because it perpetuates the existing dominance of the Republicrats.

Lds states that if there is ever a Libertarian candidate with a realistic chance of winning, he will vote for him/her. This strategy ignores the fact that unless increasing numbers of people start voting Libertarian, such a victory will never occur. It is unrealistic to believe the votes for Libertarians can jump from 2% of the vote to 40% or whatever in a single election. It is not unrealistic to believe such numbers could go from 2% to 6% to 18% to 35% in a series of elections.

The thing is, the "lesser of two evils" strategy is inherently self-perpetuating. It cannot be otherwise.

I am not an American, therefore I will never vote in an American election. But if I were, I would always vote Libertarian, at all levels of government. If all those who profess to hold Libertarian views were to do the same, the percentage of votes cast for Libertarians could double or triple or even more in a single election. And you had better believe that a block of voters as large as even a mere 6 or 8 per cent would make an impact on the polices of the Reps (and maybe even some Dems).

Most races are close enough that no one (I mean no one) can afford to ignore an 8% chunk. So even if the Libertarian candidate were to lose, the other candidates would alter their positions for the next election in the hopes of snapping up that chunk.

And that can't be a bad thing.

pinky

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: The Real Stupid Three Stooges [Re: Phred]
    #1768598 - 08/01/03 07:27 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Great post man. That makes a lot of sense.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1768662 - 08/01/03 08:00 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It should make you happy to know that i will voting third party this election. I've always said the same thing as LDS aboot if they had a REAL chance of winning i'd vote, but it seems i'm not happy with the winner either way. It really saddens me that the line between the Libbies and the Republicrates seems to be dissappearing.

BUT, i would never vote for the Green party...they're full of a whole lot of wack jobs.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (08/01/03 08:04 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1768676 - 08/01/03 08:13 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

pinky, while I understand your point of view, I can't agree.

Had enough Libertarians voted for their party's candidate, Gore would be president.

To me, that would have been a far worse outcome than we wound up with.

If the election isn't as close as this last one, and the lesser of two evils will win anyway, then I'd go ahead and vote my concience.

In a close election, I'll do as I did in Bush v. Gore.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1768684 - 08/01/03 08:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

it's a tough situation to be in, i understand where you're coming from but i also know how bad i feel when those that i vote for dissappoint me.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The Real Stupid Three Stooges [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1768691 - 08/01/03 08:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:
it's a tough situation to be in, i understand where you're coming from but i also know how bad i feel when those that i vote for dissappoint me.

But would you feel worse if Gore was president?

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1768723 - 08/01/03 08:47 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ofcourse i would.

...that's where my problem lies.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Edited by Innvertigo (08/01/03 08:55 AM)

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: The Real Stupid Three Stooges [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1768738 - 08/01/03 08:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Luvvie: But would you feel worse if Gore was president?

Inny: Ofcourse i would.

Everybody say ahhhhh!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order