Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
A Psychedelic Dilemma!
    #1754197 - 07/27/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Ok I have a problem and I need some opinions...

The last time I tripped was last October. Since then I have lost my connection to mushrooms and LSD is non-existant in my city. Well finally after a very long period of time Mushrooms have come back into my life BUT unfortunately for me starting the beginning of this year I've started suffering from daily anxiety from my prior drug use. Since then I have stopped using drugs. My every day anxiety includes uncontrollabe and semi-obessive negative thoughts which corolate to this annoying physical sensation of my heart beating (at a normal rate) in my chest, which prevents me from EVER being able to sit and relax.

Obviously tripping and anxiety is a bad combo to begin with but my desire to experience the world of tripping is also nagging at me. It's been so long and I've waiting all this time and now I'm stuck with this bad situation. In addition to my problems part of me is really excited and enthusiastic about tripping while the other part of me is very nervous and apprehensive about tripping due to the fear of having a terrifying experience. I have come up with some possibilities which include A) Keeping Valium around just in case things get scary B) Taking Valium before hand to prevent the negative mental and physical anxiety C) Not tripping at all.

Obviously my health and sanity should come first but you know how things can get, when you want something you haven't had in a long time and now you can get it.....I'm so torn, and negatives don't outweigh the positives. I don't know what to do. I have a long while to think about it but this choice is killing me, should I take the risk?

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeggystardust
Viva elDirector!

Re: A Psychedelic Dilemma! [Re: DannyBoy]
    #1754215 - 07/27/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well, one way of thinking about it is that the worse thing to happen is you have a bad trip and come out of it later. Another way is that you have a great time and might even get out of this negative thought loop you've had for awhile now. I have heard that valium will help, though I've never tried it myself. I'd say to go ahead and take some shrooms with a trip sitter. If things get wild you can take the valium and it will chill you out a bit, not to mention the placebo effect will help things out knowing that there's a pill you can take if things get harry. It's up to you, but maybe the shrooms can help you think more positively!

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: A Psychedelic Dilemma! [Re: eggystardust]
    #1754223 - 07/27/03 09:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Smoke some pot, dont trip. Thats my advice. You need to work all this shit out while your sober, tripping will not cure u.

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Re: A Psychedelic Dilemma! [Re: whole9]
    #1754274 - 07/27/03 10:10 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

smoking pot is a big no no for me. I can't smoke pot anymore due to my anxiety because it gives me extreme paranoia now. I wish I could smoke pot but unfortunately that is not an option anymore.

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

OfflineJudas
taxidermist

Loc: Iowa
    #1755376 - 07/28/03 07:23 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with whole 9. Dude , all the wonders you seek in life are from within yourself, all you have to do is accept that. Tripping will probabaly make your anxiety worse, I can personnaly attest to this because I too believed that taking psychedelics would help me sort out my problems in life. Sure, I took the drugs and I realized what the problems were, but it didn't help me do anything about it. I had to change. I would just stay sober and concentrate on your relationship's with friends/family rather than your relationship with drugs, because these relationships are the ones that will help you sort through your anxiety.

--------------------
"Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not".
Phlogiston Verdigris

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: A Psychedelic Dilemma! [Re: Judas]
    #1755404 - 07/28/03 07:40 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'd suggest seeing a psychologist about the anxiety, no biggie, and I'm really not sure that Valium can be taken with shrooms - anyone know if the two mix, or if that's a dangerous combo?
Seriously though, talking with someone educated in this area could help alot, and then you may be able to reume your mushroom experiences afterwards.

Offlinepsilo
Daytime Tripper

Loc: Germany
Re: A Psychedelic Dilemma! [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1755481 - 07/28/03 08:02 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

According to http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/faqs/psychedelic_crisis_faq.shtml valium should be the ideal substance to mellow out a bad trip.

However, i would suggest to first try valium alone as there are a) people that react adversely on valium, meaning they get overexcited etc. and b) ensure that you are not allergic to valium. It's a keeper for sure, and only the fact that you have the valium tabs in your scope may make you calmer.

On the other hand it is always a bad idea for people with psychological problems to trip. So it is up to you, and if you decide to trip be sure to choose the right set and setting and an experienced trip sitter.

And if things become bad, always remind yourself that it is just the drug, a few hours later you will be fine again.

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: A Psychedelic Dilemma! [Re: psilo]
    #1755534 - 07/28/03 08:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"On the other hand it is always a bad idea for people with psychological problems to trip. So it is up to you, and if you decide to trip be sure to choose the right set and setting and an experienced trip sitter.

And if things become bad, always remind yourself that it is just the drug, a few hours later you will be fine again."

Good advice regarding the knowledge that it will pass; i think that's an essential idea to carry in one's mind should things go awry.
I think the position that people with psychological problems shouldn't trip is debatable, though, as there was quite a bit of excitement within the psychiatric community of the fifties and sixties regarding the use of psychedelics as a treatment tool. Subsequent research has, of course, been stifled by scheduling of these substances as illegal.
I don't mean to imply, though, that someone feeling very emotionally distraught should then just go ahead and take a load of shrooms or acid, but that in conjunction with, or subsequent to, therapy they may be very beneficial. I believe that most, or all, people in societies such as ours experience some degree of anxiety rooted in our distancing from nature, and that partaking of the sacred mushroom permits a return to the natural state in some sense, and in doing so functions as a positive therapeutic experience.
If you feel bad, though, enlist the help of a psychologist.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #1756128 - 07/28/03 12:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know what i would do if i was in your situation. In that i cannot help you.

But if you do decide to trip, don't eat more than 1g your first time. That way you won't have a bad trip - you may not enjoy the trip but you won't have a terrifying time.

If you enjoy it and feel you could take more, just do it the next time you decide to trip  :smile:.

Good Luck! 

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: A Psychedelic Dilemma! [Re: esin]
    #1756223 - 07/28/03 01:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I went through the same thing. I also suffer from an anxiety disorder. People who don't suffer from an anxiety disorder, the thoughts and emotions they experience don't make a profound impact on them like it would a person with anxiety. After your trip ends you come out with a scared psyche that can affect your everyday life.

Tripping can no doubt be a great experience, but you have to weigh out the reprocussions. Seeks some help for your disorder. In the future, if you feel better from an anxiety disorder treatment, then perhaps consider it.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

#1756227 - 07/28/03 01:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

You need to work all this shit out while your sober, tripping will not cure u.

It was NEVER in my mind that tripping might cure me. I am actually waiting until my health insurance becomes renued before I go and get medication for this anxiety, because it is something I don't want anymore in my life, but I do want mushrooms in my life, HOWEVER the dilemma over health vs tripping is still looming within me (which I find to be a stupid dilemma to have, obviously health comes first).

You guys have given me awesome suggestions. It's going to be a tough choice but I think I'm going to keep two 10mg Valiums by my side and only take 1.5g of either Lipa Yai or Koh Saumi (which I hear have good potency so taking a low dose might even be good)...whichever my friend wants to give me. Thanks everyone.

--------------------

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

#1756234 - 07/28/03 01:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I went through the same thing. I also suffer from an anxiety disorder. People who don't suffer from an anxiety disorder, the thoughts and emotions they experience don't make a profound impact on them like it would a person with anxiety. After your trip ends you come out with a scared psyche that can affect your everyday life.

Tripping can no doubt be a great experience, but you have to weigh out the reprocussions. Seeks some help for your disorder. In the future, if you feel better from an anxiety disorder treatment, then perhaps consider it.

I guess you posted this while I was posting mine...I see what your saying and since you have had the same situation as me, I dunno your response affected me in a different way...ahhhhh! I hate this kinda shit....why does shit have to be so incovenient!

--------------------

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1756241 - 07/28/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have to agree with esin. Take a low dose the first time. Maybe like 2 or less grams. This way you will still get some effects (positive) but you are much less likely to have a bad trip. It seems clear and I think you know that you're not ready for a big dose right now. It's not worth it to set yourself back months in your progress of getting over your heartbreak. I've had that feeling in my chest before. And i really know what it's like to be in your position. But if you've got shit on your mind, shrooms will not help you. Learning that the hard way sucks.

--------------------

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Loc: Texas
Re: A Psychedelic Dilemma! [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1757892 - 07/28/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Xanax acts faster so it gets you out of a trip faster. However, breathing techniques work as well. I would recommend trying valium (half hour til full effect) and Xanax for normal daily anxiety to see if it works. If you place Xanax under the tongue it acts within about five to ten minutes and can get you out of a bind quicker. As was mentioned it works differently for different people. It will not stop the trip, but it might calm you down. Also, trip with a sitter or an experienced tripper who can remind you that it is just the drug and that NO you are not dying.

I personally have the same issue and it has taken a couple of years to get it under control in normal wake-a-day life.

Do the research everywhere you can on techniques, and pharms, that can fight anxiety. Arm yourself with information. At least you know it is anxiety, you can identify it, and you can spot its onset. This has a huge placebo effect in and of itself. Knowing your body and its reactions is fully 90 percent of the battle.

Good luck.

-RR68

--------------------
"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition."

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: A Psychedelic Dilemma! [Re: RANKSRAGGY68]
    #1758199 - 07/29/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Personally, I'd not trip for a while, and try and get heavily into meditation.  When you felt that youd advanced far enough that you could calm yourself, then, armed with some auxillary valium or xanex just in case, I'd give tripping a shot again.  :smile:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: A Psychedelic Dilemma! [Re: Sev]
    #1758748 - 07/29/03 05:11 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

searchword:
NIACINAMIDE
also WiccanSeeker had a good thread on benzos & tripping... as well as good things to say about vitamin B3... utfse...
and don't rush into things... you've got several decades to work on it, mmmmkay? y'gotta pace y'self like a fine racehorse...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale