Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCLIT
Stranger
is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate?
    #17576873 - 01/20/13 01:34 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I was told it is one of the easiest Panaeolus mushrooms to cultivate. I read it is also the strongest Panaeolus mushroom to dose on with just a tiny bit (1 gram). I'd like to hear from anyone with experience with this strain before I cultivate it.

There seem to be 2 types of cambodginiensis:

- suphanburi thailand "goliath"
- sandose

I may be going for the "goliath" strain. I think sandose is more domesticated, right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Trusted Cultivator
Re: is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate? [Re: CLIT] * 1
    #17576880 - 01/20/13 01:38 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Cambo's are not nearly as potent as Paneaolus cyanescens. I have personally cultivated them both, and ingested them both on many occasions.
Cyanescens are scary potent.
Yes they are 'easy' to cultivate, but when compared to Cubensis, they are a little more difficult, and a lot more picky of their environment.
Misting the pins even one time, can cause mass aborts. Remember once they start to pin, do not mist them anymore. They need good FAE.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Invisiblecomaunite
Stranger

Re: is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate? [Re: Tmethyl]
    #17576917 - 01/20/13 01:52 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

True on them not liking too much mist. Gets them blueing intensely. Started fanning it more and they went better. Though the flush is now mostly with undeveloped caps and a lot of abortions, it's a first one, and I hope it'll get better by the second flush. So yeah, be careful.

to Tmethyl: any advice if they need dunking between flushes at all?

Edited by comaunite (01/20/13 01:53 AM)

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate? [Re: comaunite]
    #17576931 - 01/20/13 02:01 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

They don't actually flush like Cubensis, they will continually produce fruits for quite a long time, triple that of cubensis.
But towards the end of the cycle, you'll notice they are starting to thin out dramatically, and the mushrooms will be much smaller, these are indicators that it's time to rehydrate the substrate.

For any bulk substrate, I dunk it for  maximum of 2hrs. You don't want to dunk bulk subs for 24hours like cakes.
Just make sure it's fully submerged, you can use quart jars full of water as weights to weigh down the substrate.
Quickly after you dunk the Pans will start producing more pins (the day after the dunk normally), they are very opportunistic in the wild, and fruit with any rains, even light showers. The dunk obviously just simulates a rain.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offlinehusmmoor
Invitro

Re: is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate? [Re: CLIT]
    #17577162 - 01/20/13 05:18 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CLIT said:I was told it is one of the easiest Panaeolus mushrooms to cultivate. I read it is also the strongest Panaeolus mushroom to dose on with just a tiny bit (1 gram).

Quote:

Tmethyl said:Cambo's are not nearly as potent as Paneaolus cyanescens.

My 2 cents, its true there are some Pan varieties going as 'cambodginiensis' and 'cambo' and no further branding/origin-description which are not very potent. I grew one of these and I could do 2 dry grams with hardly any visuals. But pan cambodgniensis 'Sandoze' kicks ass like any cyan IME. 1g of that is a full trip and half a gram may be enough for many. 2 grams I haven't tried but I suspect I wouldn't be able to see where I walked. I haven't tried Suphanburi Goliath, but heard it's also quite potent.

I believe uou need very meticulous microscopy to distinguish Pan cyans and cambodginiensis with certainty, as only the shape of the spores that determine which it is and that there are no macroscopic differences. Not completely sure about that though, best to ask a 'trusted identifier' to be sure. But as an example, until some years ago Sandoze was thought to be a cyan but microscopy showed it was actually cambodginiensis.

All in all I don't know whether there might be any significant average potency differences between Panaeolus cambodginiensis and cyanescens. It could be but my guess is there is more variation within each of these species than between their averages. But grow some of each for good measure, and good luck! :wink:

Edited by husmmoor (01/20/13 05:19 AM)

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #17585023 - 01/21/13 01:08 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

any of the panaeolus cyanescens? I think there are 4 that I have seen: Maui Hawaii, Big Island Hawaii, Jamaica, and Australia. These are the same as copelandia panaeolus cyanescens, right?

I was told that psilocybe cyanescen is difficult to grow. Not sure why it's just called psilocybe cyanescen when all the others are also psilocybin mushrooms.

Quote:

Tmethyl said:
Cambo's are not nearly as potent as Paneaolus cyanescens. I have personally cultivated them both, and ingested them both on many occasions.
Cyanescens are scary potent.
Yes they are 'easy' to cultivate, but when compared to Cubensis, they are a little more difficult, and a lot more picky of their environment.
Misting the pins even one time, can cause mass aborts. Remember once they start to pin, do not mist them anymore. They need good FAE.

Offlinehusmmoor
Invitro

#17585480 - 01/21/13 02:29 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Psilocybe cyanescens is a different mushroom altogether, growing on wood and in colder climates, and it takes longer to reach fruiting. Whereas pans cyanescens/cambodginiensis (and psilocybe cubensis) grow on dung and in tropical/subtropical climates, and if all goes well can often complete a full life cycle in just around a month from spore to yet another spore print.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybe_cyanescens

Cyanescens means bluing, which is a phenomenon common to these psilocybin mushrooms.

Pan. cyanescens and Pan. cambodginiensis are also sometimes called Copelandia cyanescens/cambodginiensis. But see this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copelandia

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Re: is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate? [Re: husmmoor]
    #17588388 - 01/22/13 12:10 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

so the color of cyanescen mushrooms are blue-ish?

why are pan. cyanescens and pan. cambodginiensis only "sometimes" called "copelandia"? What makes some of it not "copelandia"? I see "copelandia" usually in parenthesis (copelandia) from spore vendors.

Quote:

husmmoor said:
Psilocybe cyanescens is a different mushroom altogether, growing on wood and in colder climates, and it takes longer to reach fruiting. Whereas pans cyanescens/cambodginiensis (and psilocybe cubensis) grow on dung and in tropical/subtropical climates, and if all goes well can often complete a full life cycle in just around a month from spore to yet another spore print.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybe_cyanescens

Cyanescens means bluing, which is a phenomenon common to these psilocybin mushrooms.

Pan. cyanescens and Pan. cambodginiensis are also sometimes called Copelandia cyanescens/cambodginiensis. But see this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copelandia

Offlinehusmmoor
Invitro

#17588425 - 01/22/13 12:19 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

The mushrooms turn bluish when bruised.

You can read more on panaeolus here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panaeolus it also has links to wiki articles on cyanescens and cambodginiensis.

From the Wikipedia link on Copelandia I posted:
Quote:

Copelandia is a now deprecated genus of mushrooms consisting of at least 12 species. Many American mycologists previously placed members of Panaeolus which stain blue into Copelandia, whilst European mycologists generally used the name Panaeolus instead. Now all mushrooms previously categorised under the Copelandia genus are given the name Panaeolus universally. The Copelandia genus was a subgenus of Panaeolus created by Abbé Giacomo Bresadola (1847–1929) in honor of Edwin Bingham Copeland (1873–1964), an American who gathered fungi in the Philippines and sent some collections to Bresadola.

I think vendors are just putting Copelandia in the description to avoid confusion, i.e. customers looking for Copelandia but finding Panaeolus and wondering if it's a different mushroom, etc.

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Re: is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate? [Re: husmmoor]
    #17588589 - 01/22/13 01:14 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

the penis envy I grew was pretty blue-ish when bruised. I was probably sold cyanescen. LOL. Someone here mentioned cubensis is the easiest to grow. So is panaeolus the second easiest to grow? I'm still deciding which spore to get. I might be going for Cambodginiensis or Cyanescen. Do you know anything about Panaeolus Tropicalis (Florida)? I'm just looking to grow something easy but something different (non-cubensis) for a change. The Azurescens I tried to grow hasn't grown yet in almost a year. I chambered it in a tin foil pan and the tin foil pan got eaten out by "it". So I re-chambered it inside a terranium/aquarium. I hope it does not get eaten out since it is made of plastic. LOL.

Quote:

husmmoor said:
The mushrooms turn bluish when bruised.

You can read more on panaeolus here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panaeolus it also has links to wiki articles on cyanescens and cambodginiensis.

From the Wikipedia link on Copelandia I posted:
Quote:

Copelandia is a now deprecated genus of mushrooms consisting of at least 12 species. Many American mycologists previously placed members of Panaeolus which stain blue into Copelandia, whilst European mycologists generally used the name Panaeolus instead. Now all mushrooms previously categorised under the Copelandia genus are given the name Panaeolus universally. The Copelandia genus was a subgenus of Panaeolus created by Abbé Giacomo Bresadola (1847–1929) in honor of Edwin Bingham Copeland (1873–1964), an American who gathered fungi in the Philippines and sent some collections to Bresadola.

I think vendors are just putting Copelandia in the description to avoid confusion, i.e. customers looking for Copelandia but finding Panaeolus and wondering if it's a different mushroom, etc.

OfflinePaperTiger
Gnome
    #17588781 - 01/22/13 02:53 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Have you been trying to cultivate the Azures indoors? If so, that may be the problem. Most Azure grows occur outdoors, with few exceptions. The Shroomery website and forums have numerous teks for that specie.

Offlinehusmmoor
Invitro

#17589564 - 01/22/13 10:24 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by husmmoor (01/22/13 10:26 AM)

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Re: is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate? [Re: PaperTiger]
    #17589920 - 01/22/13 11:53 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

well yeah I live in an apartment. I was trying to dump the colonized cakes outdoors on a tree but there's cameras around my building. LOL. It would be awkward if someone sees me picking up mushrooms in an apartment setting. I can't wait to have my own house someday. lol.

Quote:

PaperTiger said:
Have you been trying to cultivate the Azures indoors? If so, that may be the problem. Most Azure grows occur outdoors, with few exceptions. The Shroomery website and forums have numerous teks for that specie.

OfflinePaperTiger
Gnome
    #17591171 - 01/22/13 03:34 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I feel ya, Clit. :wink:.....I am waiting for a delivery of Azure spores:crazy2:
Hopefully will be flush with spawn by early summer, lay it outside, and hopefully see something by years end. Do you have any other areas, away from the apartment? Spread that goodness, far and wide, my friend!

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #17593718 - 01/22/13 10:06 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Ok I made up my mind. I'm going to grow Panaeolus Cyanescen (Hawaii). Will a substrate jar with these ingredients work for Panaeolus Cyanescen:

• Natural Organic Brown Rice Flour
• Vermiculite
• Mineral Water
• Liquid worm castings
• Bee Pollen

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #17593751 - 01/22/13 10:09 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

No I live in the city. I'm scared that if I dump Azurescens far away and come back to check things out, another type of mushroom might grow in place of it and I might end up mistaking it for Azures. LOL.

Quote:

PaperTiger said:
I feel ya, Clit. :wink:.....I am waiting for a delivery of Azure spores:crazy2:
Hopefully will be flush with spawn by early summer, lay it outside, and hopefully see something by years end. Do you have any other areas, away from the apartment? Spread that goodness, far and wide, my friend!

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #17595164 - 01/23/13 07:10 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Growing paneaolus cyanescens without dung is going to be a waste of time. They grow best on dung or straw. Its proven.
They may not even develop fruits on brf.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OfflineSillyputty67

Loc: Netherlands
    #17595197 - 01/23/13 07:28 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tmethyl said:
Growing paneaolus cyanescens without dung is going to be a waste of time. They grow best on dung or straw. Its proven.

I read its possible to just fruit them on cased grain, but everything i read said you will not see the same results as using manure/straw.

--------------------
1) Everything I ever posted or say is a lie.

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #17596786 - 01/23/13 02:08 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I don't see anyone selling manure or straw substrate inoculation jars. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough. I was going to get the inoculation jars from Midwest Grow Kits but I'd have to look for manure and or straw substrate jars.

Quote:

Tmethyl said:

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #17596880 - 01/23/13 02:21 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CLIT said:
I don't see anyone selling manure or straw substrate inoculation jars. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough. I was going to get the inoculation jars from Midwest Grow Kits but I'd have to look for manure and or straw substrate jars.

They would not sell substrate in jars, it would most likely be in bags.

OfflineSillyputty67

Re: is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate? *DELETED* [Re: PussyFart]
    #17597302 - 01/23/13 03:38 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by malicom

Reason for deletion: 1

--------------------

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate? [Re: Sillyputty67]
    #17597357 - 01/23/13 03:48 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Pan Cambo is not more potent than Pan Cyan.
Whoever said that obviously hasn't grown and tested them both.

Its a difference of night and day.
Cambo are kinda potent.
Cyans will destroy you potent or "oh shit I ate too much" potent. :lol:

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

InvisibleBoozie
I like beer.
 User Gallery

Loc: :ↄo⅃
Re: is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate? [Re: Tmethyl] * 1
    #17597914 - 01/23/13 05:34 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tmethyl said:
...Its a difference of night and day.
Cambo are kinda potent.
Cyans will destroy you potent or "oh shit I ate too much" potent. :lol:

I respectfully disagree. Both have the capabilities to blow your socks off, in my experience. I have grown both quite a bit, and both are very potent. Head and shoulders above your average cubensis. I've had cambos a tad stronger than certain (pan.) cyans, and vice versa. Though that could come from any number of variables...

Regardless, they (along with tropicalis) are all quite strong, and equally easy/difficult to cultivate. Do the research (on here especially), don't deviate from trusted/proven teks/recipes/methods, and you'll have success. It's as simple as that.

--------------------
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Re: is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate? [Re: PussyFart]
    #17600337 - 01/24/13 01:43 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

ok now I found a couple of manure and straw from Out Grow.

Well what do you call those things they sell in jars?

Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
Quote:

CLIT said:

They would not sell substrate in jars, it would most likely be in bags.

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #17600390 - 01/24/13 01:59 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

well you had "read". I read the same thing about Pan Cambo on the hawk's eye. It was supposed to be the strongest of all Pans. Pan Cyan is "also" strong. I had just bought some Pan Cyan (Copelandia - Hawaiian). I'll see if what you all are saying is true. I'll try Pan Cambo some other time. I'm thinking should I get manure or straw or 50/50 to inoculate? Out Grow sells a 50/50 manure/straw mixture. Should I just stick with manure?

Quote:

malicom said:
I had read that Pan Cambo was supposed to be more potent than the other pan cyans. I admit it is difficult to disambiguate hype from fact.

OfflinePaperTiger
Gnome
    #17604141 - 01/24/13 05:37 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I would personally just stick with manure...I don't know myself, but according to what I have read here, straw either has a tendency to contaminate and/or produce fewer flushes than manure.

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #17604163 - 01/24/13 05:40 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PaperTiger said:
I would personally just stick with manure...I don't know myself, but according to what I have read here, straw either has a tendency to contaminate and/or produce fewer flushes than manure.

Correct, but it's better to have multiple ingredients in any grows substrate. So just do something like 70% dung 30% straw, etc.

Here:
Quote:

mushrooms will grow better on a complex substrate, meaning a substrate composed of many different ingredients.  The lists of what mushrooms will grow on are nearly endless, but suffice it to say you can mix them all together and get better results than any one by itself.
RR

Not many people know this. But it's very true.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

InvisibleBoozie
I like beer.
 User Gallery

#17604411 - 01/24/13 06:12 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I'd stay away from straw altogether if I were you. It's not necessary, and it's a pain to work with.

Here's a good mix that I like to use for copes:

60% horse manure (leeched and dehydrated)
20% vermiculite (for aeration and water retention)
15% coco coir (for some added fluff)
5% gypsum (calcium, sulfur, pH stabilizer, among other things)

Like Tmethyl said, and I whole-heartedly agree with:

Quote:

..it's better to have multiple ingredients in any grows substrate.

If you'd rather buy a substrate blend, I highly recommend High Mountain Compost. Their stuff comes pre-hydrated, pre-pasteurized, and it's fantastic; best stuff out there in my opinion. It's literally ready to go right out of the bag. It can get pricey though.

--------------------
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate? [Re: Boozie]
    #17604459 - 01/24/13 06:19 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Boozie said:
I'd stay away from straw altogether if I were you. It's not necessary, and it's a pain to work with.

I concur.
However, if you have a farm supply store nearby, or want to order it online, you can buy straw pellets. It's basically compressed pelletized straw.
Or you can chop it tiny pieces with a blender. I have a blender devoted to straw lol. It's much easier to work with when it's small pieces.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #17606859 - 01/25/13 01:23 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I think a lot of good stuff grow on shit. I'll stick with shit.

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #17617374 - 01/27/13 02:12 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I have the pan cyan Hawaii and Australia. Is there a difference between the two other than origin?

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #17617385 - 01/27/13 02:19 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

must I use grain spawn first or I can spawn straight to manure substrate? I'm confused again now. The seller of manure substrate has a note that "if I plan to start from spore solution I need to begin with grain spawn". So for me to start growing pan cyan, I have to use grain spawn first then once it has been colonized (turned white), I can then dump it/mix it with manure substrate? Is casing required?

InvisibleBoozie
I like beer.
 User Gallery

#17617524 - 01/27/13 03:54 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yup, start with grain.

1. Spore solution (via syringe) > grain (rye berries, winter wheat, or millet, preferably). Make sure to prep the grain properly.
2. Let colonize (a good shake at 25-30% colonization wouldn't hurt).
3. Spawn to manure-based substrate (keep it under 2.5" depth).
4. Let colonize. Let consolidate (sit it for a solid 2-3 days after full colonization). 
5. Case (yes, it's pretty much required for copes). Anything from a 50/50 mix of sphagnum peat moss/vermiculite to your every day potting or cactus soil will do (properly pasteurized, of course). Check out Jiffy mix. Keep it no more than 1/2", right on top, leveled as can be.
6. Let sit for 6-12 hours or toss it into fruiting conditions right away, your choice.
7. Soak the casing layer down really well by misting. Repeat for a day or four, then stop. There is zero misting after pins have formed. Period.
8. Maintain 95ish% RH, constant air exchange, 70-75°F, and wait for fruits.

In all honesty though, why not try some cubensis first? They're much more forgiving. Get your 'sea-legs' there, then move on the the exotics...

Either way, much luck to you. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #17621865 - 01/28/13 12:46 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I've cultivated cubes before (Penis Envy). Very easy. Seems like millet grain is not as popular as the others as I have not seen it being sold in "ready to inject" jar or bag.

So once the grain spawn is colonized, I mix it with manure substrate. Then cover it with casing? Can I use an aquarium? My past process with cubes was once the spawn is colonized I simply place it in an aquarium and it fruits from there on. I guess it's because it's cubes.

Would this cultivation process work with pan cyans: colonize into grain spawn, once colonized mix with manure substrate then cover with casing, then place in an aquarium, set thermometer at 70-72 degrees (for moisture). I usually buy my supplies ready to be used. I don't have any supplies a real mycologist would have. 

Regarding the rule #3 you gave; keep what under 2.5" in depth? Shit?

Quote:

Boozie said:
Yup, start with grain.

1. Spore solution (via syringe) > grain (rye berries, winter wheat, or millet, preferably). Make sure to prep the grain properly.
2. Let colonize (a good shake at 25-30% colonization wouldn't hurt).
3. Spawn to manure-based substrate (keep it under 2.5" depth).
4. Let colonize. Let consolidate (sit it for a solid 2-3 days after full colonization). 
5. Case (yes, it's pretty much required for copes). Anything from a 50/50 mix of sphagnum peat moss/vermiculite to your every day potting or cactus soil will do (properly pasteurized, of course). Check out Jiffy mix. Keep it no more than 1/2", right on top, leveled as can be.
6. Let sit for 6-12 hours or toss it into fruiting conditions right away, your choice.
7. Soak the casing layer down really well by misting. Repeat for a day or four, then stop. There is zero misting after pins have formed. Period.
8. Maintain 95ish% RH, constant air exchange, 70-75°F, and wait for fruits.

In all honesty though, why not try some cubensis first? They're much more forgiving. Get your 'sea-legs' there, then move on the the exotics...

Either way, much luck to you. :wink:

Edited by CLIT (01/28/13 01:44 AM)

InvisibleBoozie
I like beer.
 User Gallery

#17626265 - 01/28/13 09:16 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Can I use an aquarium?

An aquarium type setup like I think you're describing will not work with copes (pans). You can manage it with cubensis, simply because they are more forgiving to less-than-perfect conditions. You really, really need a constant exchange of air with these guys. And I mean constant, at least if you want any kind of results.

I'm a huge advocate for greenhouse-type setups. Mainly because once they're dialed in, you can control them to a 'T'. You may not have the space or funds or desire to go that route, but there are other [cheaper/easier] options. Look into a monotub/dub-tub type FC. They're cheap, require very little maintenance, and produce. Take a peek at Stonesun's "Just As Easy As Cubes" series. He's the man when it comes to exotic species, and his teks are more than trustworthy.

Keep in mind pans are pretty delicate. And tiny. You won't see caps larger than a half-dollar (at least very often), and stems, when dry, are almost toothpick-ish. Yes, they can be nearly 4x the strength of your average cube, weight-to-weight, but you won't be finding a 1-2 gram dried fruit with pans. A tenth of that is more likely (per dried mushroom).

Quote:

The entire substrate, after you've added the grain spawn, shouldn't exceed 2-2.5 inches. It's just what the species seems to prefer.

--------------------

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #17627185 - 01/29/13 01:44 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I see. So pan cyans does not like to be buried in too much bulk substrate is what you're saying.

My grain spawn will be in spawn bags and it's rye berries. Just wondering if there's difference if grain spawn is in a jar vs. a bag. The spawn bags I bought have 3 pounds worth of grain spawn and 3-5 CCs of spore solution is recommended to me to inject.

is there such a thing as portable green house? like an aquarium but green house? I'll look into monotub or dub tub since I'm not familiar with them. Can cultivating pan cyans work using tin foil pans with cover? I've used this route with Penis Envy but then again they are cubes.

Since you mentioned casing, are vermiculites necessary to grow pan cyans? I read that vermiculites should go on the bottom and top of the colonized grain spawn and bulk substrate while if using casing, casing goes on top only and not bottom. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So if I google monotub or dub tub will I be able to buy these as is? I'm not familiar with them. Is it the same as buying a container at The Container Store?

Quote:

Boozie said:
Quote:

Can I use an aquarium?

An aquarium type setup like I think you're describing will not work with copes (pans). You can manage it with cubensis, simply because they are more forgiving to less-than-perfect conditions. You really, really need a constant exchange of air with these guys. And I mean constant, at least if you want any kind of results.

I'm a huge advocate for greenhouse-type setups. Mainly because once they're dialed in, you can control them to a 'T'. You may not have the space or funds or desire to go that route, but there are other [cheaper/easier] options. Look into a monotub/dub-tub type FC. They're cheap, require very little maintenance, and produce. Take a peek at Stonesun's "Just As Easy As Cubes" series. He's the man when it comes to exotic species, and his teks are more than trustworthy.

Keep in mind pans are pretty delicate. And tiny. You won't see caps larger than a half-dollar (at least very often), and stems, when dry, are almost toothpick-ish. Yes, they can be nearly 4x the strength of your average cube, weight-to-weight, but you won't be finding a 1-2 gram dried fruit with pans. A tenth of that is more likely (per dried mushroom).

Quote:

The entire substrate, after you've added the grain spawn, shouldn't exceed 2-2.5 inches. It's just what the species seems to prefer.

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #18153748 - 04/23/13 03:30 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

ever since I started growing shrooms I always bought my supply online. I'm curious if the big box stores like a home depot would have manure for sale or grain spawn or casing? I never looked into this. I'm guessing they'd be cheaper? Where is usually a farm supply store be located? I have seen farms just outside my area but never looked into a "farm supply store".

Quote:

Tmethyl said:
Quote:

Boozie said:

I concur.
However, if you have a farm supply store nearby, or want to order it online, you can buy straw pellets. It's basically compressed pelletized straw.
Or you can chop it tiny pieces with a blender. I have a blender devoted to straw lol. It's much easier to work with when it's small pieces.

OfflineSillyputty67

Re: is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate? *DELETED* [Re: CLIT]
    #18153882 - 04/23/13 05:42 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by malicom

Reason for deletion: 1

--------------------

Edited by Sillyputty67 (04/23/13 06:03 AM)

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #18159599 - 04/24/13 05:48 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I'll stick with horse manure for now from an online seller.

I'm just experimenting but i hope a pound of manure and a pound of casing is enough. I read about growing mushrooms in a bag but I'm not sure it will work with pan cyans. I have tried those ready made grow bags but it was never successful even with cubes.

Quote:

malicom said:
Home depot/walmart does carry a lot of supplies. Home Depot has manure, its not the field dry horse manure thats optimal. I have been buying humus and manure from home depot to use in my cakes. Its composted cow manure. It works ok, but once again, is not optimal. 4$ bought me 80 lbs.

Mind you, i have only used this manure with cubes, and not pans yet. I have some pan jamaica, and pan cambo (sandose) cooking on the back burner, and will give it a shot soon. Ive also heard that just a 50/50 mix of straw and coir, and later cased will work too.

Cheers.

Edited by CLIT (04/24/13 05:51 AM)

Offlinemacsone41
Stranger
    #28388583 - 07/07/23 04:34 PM (8 months, 16 days ago)

I am thinking of trying this

OfflineScrewup
Googles your dumb questions
Trans-female

Re: is cambodginiensis supposed to be easy to cultivate? [Re: macsone41]
    #28388600 - 07/07/23 04:51 PM (8 months, 16 days ago)

Quote:

macsone41 said:
I am thinking of trying this

You’re gonna spam nothing worthwhile on nothing but old threads aren’t you?

--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Help US help YOU TEK

2023 Dehydrator TEK

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order