Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: 'Bad' trip? [Re: shady11]
    #17570102 - 01/18/13 08:30 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shady11 said:
Could you give a bit of advice on how to "give in" or "accept". I find when I start to feel myself having a bad trip, I remind myself I can't fight it and have to give in, but the more I try to give in the more it doesn't work, if that makes any sense.

Understandable, it's not easy for some people, but it's something anyone can learn. You have to do more than just think about accepting it. Think of it as a lesson, let the mushrooms be your teacher, think of them as a teacher and not a drug. Say to yourself "I'm yours, do what you will".

Be an observer, not a victim. Even though it's you being affected, you can view yourself from an observers point of view. View the trip as an observer of a trip, not as you being directly affected. Another thing which has helped me is thinking the phrase, "there is no such thing as negativity tonight".

You have to let go of your ego, and of your mind, let go of everything, and let it take you where it wants to take you. Just observe, accept, and learn.

A trick which I have showed people in the past, and which I have gotten nothing but positive feedback on is this:
When you start to feel as though the trip is going downhill (getting negative),
start laughing, even though you know it's a completely fake laugh, the absurdity of hearing yourself laugh in attempts to remove negativity of a shroom trip, will often times make you start laughing a sincere laugh. Once you mind switches from negative mode, to laugh mode, that's when the trips get very fun, exciting, and euphoric. You can turn around negativity with many methods, and some of them work, some don't, just find what works for you.

Another good practice will be to slowly ease into higher doses, just start very low (1.5g) and in a week do 2.5g. then 3.5g the next week.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshady11
Stranger
Re: 'Bad' trip? [Re: Tmethyl]
    #17570807 - 01/18/13 11:07 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tmethyl said:
Quote:

shady11 said:
Could you give a bit of advice on how to "give in" or "accept". I find when I start to feel myself having a bad trip, I remind myself I can't fight it and have to give in, but the more I try to give in the more it doesn't work, if that makes any sense.

Understandable, it's not easy for some people, but it's something anyone can learn. You have to do more than just think about accepting it. Think of it as a lesson, let the mushrooms be your teacher, think of them as a teacher and not a drug. Say to yourself "I'm yours, do what you will".

Be an observer, not a victim. Even though it's you being affected, you can view yourself from an observers point of view. View the trip as an observer of a trip, not as you being directly affected. Another thing which has helped me is thinking the phrase, "there is no such thing as negativity tonight".

You have to let go of your ego, and of your mind, let go of everything, and let it take you where it wants to take you. Just observe, accept, and learn.

A trick which I have showed people in the past, and which I have gotten nothing but positive feedback on is this:
When you start to feel as though the trip is going downhill (getting negative),
start laughing, even though you know it's a completely fake laugh, the absurdity of hearing yourself laugh in attempts to remove negativity of a shroom trip, will often times make you start laughing a sincere laugh. Once you mind switches from negative mode, to laugh mode, that's when the trips get very fun, exciting, and euphoric. You can turn around negativity with many methods, and some of them work, some don't, just find what works for you.

Another good practice will be to slowly ease into higher doses, just start very low (1.5g) and in a week do 2.5g. then 3.5g the next week.

Does tolerance vary very differently for some people?

For example, you would consider 1.5g a low dose, but to ease myself back into mushrooms after a bad trip (which is working so far) I've taken a couple doses of half a gram or just under a gram and still found them to be quite powerful. Although tonight I did a dose just under a gram and did not find myself to be uncomfortable at any point so I am looking forward to going higher.

Another thing, is weed likely to make a trip bad/too intense? My first trip I smoked weed and had the horrible trip, although I was probably going to have that trip either way.

A week ago, I was just about finishing a peak from a dose, everything was going fine, then I smoked and all of a sudden bam completely negative vibe, time loops, etc. (Although after talking to a friend and him calming me down, I ended up having the greatest experience of my life.) So I have learned my lesson to stay away from weed while on mushrooms but I'm just curious if this is common.

Invisiblesailing
China Cat Sunflower
Male

Loc: United States
    #17570850 - 01/18/13 11:17 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

alot of people say half a gram is an uncomfortable dose because its actually too low. it makes you feel strange, but not high enough to be in it. its like your half way tripping, when your mind wants to be either sober or tripping, not halfway between.

--------------------
Love is the deep spiritual connection between the self and all things. We are all a part of the same universe.

Crazy cat peekin through a lace bandanna,like a one eyed cheshire, like a diamond eyed jack.

:awecid2:

Offlineshady11
Stranger
Re: 'Bad' trip? [Re: sailing]
    #17570879 - 01/18/13 11:25 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sailing said:
alot of people say half a gram is an uncomfortable dose because its actually too low. it makes you feel strange, but not high enough to be in it. its like your half way tripping, when your mind wants to be either sober or tripping, not halfway between.

Hmm, this actually makes a lot of sense. Cause on the times I have done it I do get that intense body high and euphoric feeling with some changes in thought/way of thinking but no visuals whatsoever or CEV's.

I'm planning on my next dose to be 1-1.5g so hopefully as I slowly move up it remains positive and I begin to learn and enjoy myself even more.

Invisiblesailing
China Cat Sunflower
Male

Loc: United States
    #17570972 - 01/18/13 11:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

after my last bad trip with some RC's, i took about a month off, then just dived back into the deep end and was ok. you just cant let the fear of a bad trip take over. just look at what set off your bad trip and take that factor out of your situation. id say for your next one, youll be good on 1.5

--------------------
Love is the deep spiritual connection between the self and all things. We are all a part of the same universe.

Crazy cat peekin through a lace bandanna,like a one eyed cheshire, like a diamond eyed jack.

:awecid2:

Invisiblesomething super extreme
NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Loc: TURNT UP!
Re: 'Bad' trip? [Re: Tmethyl]
    #17571024 - 01/18/13 11:55 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Pretty much any time I touch shrooms it's the most gut-wrenching rollercoaster I could imagine experiencing. :shrug:
I personally really enjoy that aspect of it, once I got past the initial panic the very first time I tripped.

OfflineSeenSoFar
Mind Traveller
Male

Loc: Flag
    #17571314 - 01/19/13 01:42 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

In my experience the easiest way to get into a bad trip is trying to exert control over the experience, and the easiest way to get out of one is to give up, let go, and go with the flow. This isn't true for every experience, and it's definitely not true for everyone, but for me this has become vital for me. These are my personal rules for tripping, and others I have shared them with have used them with success. Before anyone says anything, I am by no means claiming that I invented this method or I am somehow presenting something new and revolutionary, these are simply the rules that I follow to try and ensure a good trip. Here they are:

1. Make sure you are free from any commitments or obligations for at least 3-5 hours after you should be finished tripping. It's better to make sure you have enough time to get a good sleep after, but a minimum of 3-5 hours to mellow out is a must.

2. Do not put yourself in a position where you feel you may be caught or suspected of being intoxicated by people you do not want to know. If you are living with your parents and they don't support your psychedelic use then don't dose if they are going to be home at any time while you are tripping. The same goes for spouses, children, etc. Many people say "They will be asleep so I'll be fine." but unless they are medicated like crazy or you live in a giant mansion with them on one side and you on the other, this isn't good enough. You want to be able to laugh, talk, move around, and so on without arousing suspicion. Even if the chances are good that you will not be caught, the thought will still be on your mind the entire time and will at best prevent you from giving yourself fully to the experience and at worst will give you a horrible, paranoid trip.

3. If at all possible, emerge yourself in nature. I have found that forests are your friend and cities are your enemy if you are looking to have a truly beautiful time. Small towns or villages are one thing, but the concrete jungle has always been a no-no for me when under the influence of a psychedelic. If you suddenly feel the urge to sit down on the ground and giggle, you will not be able to do it in the middle of a busy street. Furthermore, I have found psychedelics to be much more compatible with nature in general, the experiences are on a whole other level. The only exception to this rule is raves or festivals, although the vast majority of them do take place out in nature. I have never had a difficult trip in a natural setting, and I have never had a true +4 in the city, although I have had plenty of good experiences there. I find that I can truly let go in a forest or other natural setting that is devoid of sober folk and especially authorities, and that's where I plan to be whenever possible.

4. If you're not mentally prepared, don't trip. If you are excited and a little bit anxious that is fine, but if you have some serious negative emotions surrounding you, they will follow you into the trip. They will not just disappear. If you're determined to trip then maybe you should try mixing your psychedelic with an enactogen like MDMA, but if you are in a seriously bleak place then even that can go bad. I have seen a candyflip go horribly wrong when someone got bad news while peaking, and it was horrible, the worst bad trip I have ever seen. Even without that, a positive mindset is a must, without it you are looking for trouble.

5. Never try to control the experience. Let go. Give yourself to it. You might get bad vibes, but it has always turned out positive for me as long as I can let go and go with the flow.

I just wanted to add this because it really supports the OP. If the circumstances are right even a difficult experience can be made positive if you can just fully give yourself to it. Good advice OP!

--------------------
I was an atheist before I tried DMT, and I was an atheist after I tried DMT. For about 5 minutes in between, I was convinced that I was a shower curtain.:deemsters:

Bug powder dust an' mugwump jism
The wild boys runnin' 'round Interzone trippin'
Led into control about the Big Brother
Tryin' like hard to not blow my cover

-Bomb the Bass Bug Powder Dust (Kruder and Dorfmeister K&D Sessions Remix)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag