Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDava
journeyman
Loc: Belgium
San Pedro Thin Top
    #1756129 - 07/28/03 12:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Bought a cutting about a month ago, potted it and after a week or so, it started growing.
In the beginning, the top had a very different (lighter) green than the base, but after 2-3 weeks, it resolved itself and the cactus has now a nice dark green colour.
However, there is one problem. The part that grows (the top) is too thin in comparision to the rest.
The cactus gets enough light (we have days with 16 hours of light right now with about 8 hours of direct sunlight).
It got even sunburned (lil yellow spots) so its receiving enough light i guess.
Temperature has been around 30? C for the first three weeks, last week has been lower with temperature around 20? C. (At night ofcourse its much lower but not beneath 15? C)
I water it every week, however, no fertilizers are added because i have a commercial cactusground and i read somewhere that adding fertilizers with commercial ground may fuck up the acidic levels.

So, what could be the problme with the thinner top?
Should i add fertilizers?
Should i water it more?
Or should i just wait and hope ? :smile:

--------------------
"These psychedelic substances cause hysterical psychoses in people who have not taken them..."
- Timothy Leary

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsilocybe cubensis
Blood, guts, andbroken teeth.

Loc: Lost Angels
Re: San Pedro Thin Top *DELETED* [Re: Dava]
    #1756301 - 07/28/03 01:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by psilocybe cubensis

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: San Pedro Thin Top [Re: psilocybe cubensis]
    #1756912 - 07/28/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybe cubensis said:
I fertilize my cacti with miracle grow and also a squirt of superthrive. I occasionally add bonemeal, and powdered oystershells to the top of the soil. It penetrates the soil after repeated waterings.

They do alright with normal fert? I thought special cactus fert was necessary, but I've looked everywhere around where I live & havn't been able to find it.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: San Pedro Thin Top [Re: Dava]
    #1757394 - 07/28/03 08:10 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Question to everyone......... but

Are 'little yellow spots' even a sign of sun burn?

My seedling was burn when i moved it outside....it got really dark and well 'burnt' looking....then as time went by it returned to more a normal color.....and now you cant even tell it ever happened...

Maybe the yellow spots are a sign of something else?

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: San Pedro Thin Top [Re: DazedSol]
    #1757705 - 07/28/03 09:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Tantalus: many plant fetrilizers can be used if they do not have too much nitrogen.

DazedSol: yellow/browning can be symptomatic of sunburn but it can also be a sign of disease.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (07/28/03 09:39 PM)

OfflineDava
journeyman
Loc: Belgium
Re: San Pedro Thin Top [Re: canid]
    #1800740 - 08/11/03 04:46 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Alright, update.
Thin top doesnt change :/
I have bought cacti fert and added more water weekly.
The soil on the surface keeps being dry though after watering, so maybe it doesnt receive enough water.
Temperature and light are quite alright i think.

A picture >

--------------------
"These psychedelic substances cause hysterical psychoses in people who have not taken them..."
- Timothy Leary

Edited by Dava (08/11/03 04:47 AM)

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: San Pedro Thin Top [Re: Dava]
    #1806295 - 08/12/03 03:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Either all that, or it's rootbound, inspect the roots and where they are in the pot, if so, put it in a bigger pot.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck