Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
No guns made this place MUCH safer....
    #1755545 - 07/28/03 08:28 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Link
Funny how crime reports in this country show the areas with the most liberal gun laws have the lowest crime rates.

I guess they need more guns.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: No guns made this place MUCH safer.... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1755556 - 07/28/03 08:34 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i don't even think there are 164 muggings in detroit a day..i could be wrong but that's a lot of muggers.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: No guns made this place MUCH safer.... [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1755561 - 07/28/03 08:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe they have only 1 VERY busy mugger!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1755569 - 07/28/03 08:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

opps, i meant muggings..not muggers, but i'm sure the cute bobbies with their wacky clubs and hats will stop them. :grin:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1755610 - 07/28/03 09:19 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

are you allowed to wander around the streets carrying guns over in the US then?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: No guns made this place MUCH safer.... [Re: GazzBut]
    #1755615 - 07/28/03 09:22 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If you have a concealed weapons permit, but you can't go into some places like banks, sporting events or anywhere alcohol is served (but it all depends on the permit you get).

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisiblewingnutx

#1755637 - 07/28/03 09:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

For themost part, yes. 38 states allow concealed carry, 37 of which require a license.

Some states, like Arizona, allow open carry with no license. I don't generally carry one anywhere, but I have plenty of firepower on tap in my home.

About 2 years ago some gangsters kicked in my neighbors door at 3am, and killed the man of the house, beat and raped his wife into a coma, and did it all in front of the kids. Bet he wished for a gun to even those odds a bit.

Invisiblewingnutx

#1755677 - 07/28/03 09:53 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I remember seeing Red Ken quoted saying that he feels safer in the streets of New York than London in the past year or two.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1755787 - 07/28/03 10:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
are you allowed to wander around the streets carrying guns over in the US then?

In Vermont for example, no permit is needed for open or concealed carry. In some states like New Hampshire, no permit is needed unless the weapon is concealed, then with a permit concealed carry is fine. There are very few states in the US where concealed carry is not permitted with the proper paper work.

And even in those, if you are rich enough or famous enough, you'll generally get a permit.

It's well documented where the states that allow concealed carry, have the lower crime rates. Countless interviews with muggers and robbers have shown they fear armed citizens more than law enforcement.

--------------------

Invisiblewingnutx

#1755807 - 07/28/03 10:50 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The main idea behind concealed-carry is that a mugger has no idea who is armed and who isn't. This is enough to dissuade many who would otherwise be tempted to strongarm the obviously weak.

Works with houses, too. The reason for the UK's higher rate of live burglaries (break ins occurring when the residents are home) is that they can reasonably assume that there are no lethal threats in the home. If even one in ten homes had an armed owner, then it would be a much riskier prospect.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: No guns made this place MUCH safer.... [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1755961 - 07/28/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:
i don't even think there are 164 muggings in detroit a day..i could be wrong but that's a lot of muggers.

London has alot more people than detroit and the entire country also has far less murders by fire arms each year. You americans are just to damn afraid of each other, it's sad.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1755968 - 07/28/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Link
Funny how crime reports in this country show the areas with the most liberal gun laws have the lowest crime rates.

I guess they need more guns.

False cause and effect. How do you know that places with tougher gun laws didn't pass them in reaction to the amount of gun violence in the area?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #1755973 - 07/28/03 11:40 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't see what that report has to do with guns. England is not the US (yet).

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: No guns made this place MUCH safer.... [Re: silversoul7]
    #1755994 - 07/28/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know that. I wouldn't be surprised if some did, such as D.C. Their crime rate soared. They have the strictest gun laws in the nation and far and away the highest murder rate.

What I do know is that in states like Florida (and others), the permit system was a "may" issue. In other words it was up to the discretion of the issuing agency to decide if you were going to get a permit or not. As a result only the connected had permits. Then Florida passed a "must" issue law. If you had no criminal or mental health history, the issuing agency had to give you the permit. The crime rate in Florida took a nose-dive. This has been seen in several states.

Now look at Vermont. The most liberal carry laws, and the lowest murder rate.

If it makes you happy to call that false cause and effect, you go right on doing so.

Thanks, but I'll stick with my guns and the statistics.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: No guns made this place MUCH safer.... [Re: Edame]
    #1756002 - 07/28/03 11:48 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Edame said:
I don't see what that report has to do with guns. England is not the US (yet).

Originally? Not a thing. The I guess they need more guns was a light-hearted poke at the anti-gunners.

It just kind of headed off in that direction.

However, it's not hard to find articles showing the gun crime rate in England took a sharp turn upwards since the bans.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #1756032 - 07/28/03 11:55 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have no problem giving up my guns as long as everyone else gives up theirs...

maybe we can get superman to gather them all up and throw them into the sun...    :smile:

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: No guns made this place MUCH safer.... [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1756040 - 07/28/03 11:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
I have no problem giving up my guns as long as everyone else gives up theirs...

maybe we can get superman to gather them all up and throw them into the sun...    :smile: 

LOL.  I guess guns themselves arn't bad, they can be very useful for hunting and such,  it's the people and the society that make them bad. 

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: No guns made this place MUCH safer.... [Re: barfightlard]
    #1756050 - 07/28/03 12:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Why doesn't everyone just keep some mace under thier pillow? Carry a tazer on the streets... i mean i know you can't hunt with em....and its not very 'bad ass' but can't you feel just as powerfull with one of them suckers?

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: No guns made this place MUCH safer.... [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1756074 - 07/28/03 12:10 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Mace is good for what it is. It is no substitute for a firearm. That's why police carry both, because each is appropriate in certain situations.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: No guns made this place MUCH safer.... [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1756081 - 07/28/03 12:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Most don't carry guns to "feel" powerful.

Just as most don't make false trade rates.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom