Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Polypropylene Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Proof for SURE that there are aliens *MUST READ* [Re: LikwidDrawp]
    #1756137 - 07/28/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The black triangle could be a government research craft that is experimenting with adaptive camouflage. Did you see this in the sky?

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: Proof for SURE that there are aliens *MUST READ* [Re: Swami]
    #1756149 - 07/28/03 12:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

What a selective example.  Black triangles that appear and disappear in broad daylight.. Ok its the military.  LOL  I'm not posting on this thread anymore, its a lost cause.  I'm not going to sit here and try to prove a damn thing but you still have every right to question shit I'm just some person on the internet you shouldnt believe anything I say.  Now that you know that, I have had experiences, and if you were there with me when anything strange has happened you would have had your mind blown :smile:

--------------------

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

#1756153 - 07/28/03 12:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Research craft... black triangles with green tips that disapear in the flash of an eye without making a sound. Suuuuuure its the military. If it is, why dont we just cloak our way into north korea and take their nukes? lol

--------------------

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1756174 - 07/28/03 12:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

It could have been a surge of ether engery, I dont know.

Do you by "ether energy" mean ordinary electromagnetic energy, or some previously unknown form of energy that no one has ever been able to observe in a laboratory?

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1756183 - 07/28/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If an object is in the sky and far away it's much easier to camouflage than objects that are close by. For a craft in the sky it's skin would only have to turn very bright blue for it to disappear. There is many research in this field and many scientist believe that we will have adaptive camouflage for vehicles in a decade or maybe a few.
Silent aircraft can be made. Bury the engines deep inside the craft and maybe use antisound.

Stealth was also really advanced for it's time and it was kept secret.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Anonymous

#1756206 - 07/28/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It's funny that you mention black triangles. These are one of the most common UFOs reported, but are never represented in pop media. Black triangles, 3 lights on each corner accelerating and changing directions at speeds approx. 1000mph and not making any sound. Sometimes seen as boomerang shaped as well. Just letting you know that what you saw isn't uncommon.

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: Proof for SURE that there are aliens *MUST READ* [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1756218 - 07/28/03 01:00 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cybrbeast said:
Stealth was also really advanced for it's time and it was kept secret. 

Yeah, because the aliens gave us the technology :cool:

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: Proof for SURE that there are aliens *MUST READ* [Re: ]
    #1756272 - 07/28/03 01:21 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You know what I think is funny? LikwidDrawp is being ridiculed for seeing something when he was a child. Yet you can be completely positive that science is the answer and whatever defies this answer is, in turn, completely wrong. You might use evidence as your defense.

Well, lets think about evidence and proof for a second. Proof is gathering evidence that compels the mind to accept what is said as true through the application of laws which were also gathered in the same fashion. I'm not saying that science is wrong. I'm saying that science is one of a multitude of possibilities. Sure, you can sit here and cite your ass off to multiple resources which map out the reason for Action A in Brain A that results in Action B, then to Action C, etc etc...but that's just one answer. There are many different ways to get from Action A to Action Z.

How can you determine what is able to be proved? How can you be sure that the action of proof itself isn't a deceptive enough power (similar to organized religion, in my mind) to completely alter the outcome of any given experiment and any others that follow.

All I'm asking is how do you know that science is the only path?

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Proof for SURE that there are aliens *MUST READ* [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #1756290 - 07/28/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know if science is the TRUTH. But at least it backs it's claims up with solid evidence and doesn't accept anecdotal evidence. Therefor it is much more believable to me.
If it wasn't for science we would still be hunter/gatherers.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Re: Proof for SURE that there are aliens *MUST READ* [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1756357 - 07/28/03 01:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It only backs up it's claims with solid evidence because the very foundation of science is the same thing that perpetuates science: proof. Sure, it's a tricky system and relies on influencing individuals much in the same way the Bible does. I mean, how the fuck do you know what red is until someone shows you what red is? This is as anecdotal as it gets, handing down subjective experience (eventually it somehow consumed much of the world) then performing experiments from our already biased point of view?

Science is a box. Science works in this box. It is backed up by evidence, then facts, then laws (or vice versa, hehe). However, outside of this box, things can go a whole helluva lot differently.

Just because more people have decided to jump into this box doesn't mean that it's the most effective one. It also doesn't provide any certainty as to whether we'd still be cavemen without it. There are many other boxes out there, with many different biases and certainties. Imagine how different the world could be if we were to all jump into an eastern mysticism box.

--------------------

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
    #1756369 - 07/28/03 01:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Iv'e got nanotechnology in my pants.

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1756602 - 07/28/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Imagine how different the world could be if we were to all jump into an eastern mysticism box.

Yeah, it would be very different. For example, we wouldn't have this conversation because the Internet wouldn't exist.

You seem to forget that science isn't a "box", it's a wide open field without any borders. When you come up with evidence that doesn't fall apart when it is checked and double-checked, then that evidence will revise and extend science. Just look at the history of science and you'll see it has always worked like that.

Anonymous

Re: Proof for SURE that there are aliens *MUST READ* [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1756759 - 07/28/03 04:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You know, there is one important factor that the scientific-minded forget about the possibility of UFOs being alien craft, and it's that they would be piloted by sentient beings. As such, if these beings are anything like humans they have feelings and prerogatives and don't do the same things all the time. Let's put it this way: Suppose one afternoon while checking your mail you see a pink Ferrari drive by your house, and driving it is an Elvis Presley look-alike. Now, I'm willing to bet there aren't too many pink Ferraris in the world, and I bet there is one if at all driven by an Elvis impersonator. Let's say you told a friend you saw this but they didn't believe you. You SWEAR you saw it but your friend still doesn't believe you because he thinks no one would ever drive around a pink Ferrari, much less an Elvis look-alike, and you didn't get the liscense plate number either. How will you ever see it again? How will you prove you saw it? And where is your fucking evidence!?!? Your friend will think you're a crazy person making up weird shit! :rolleyes: Just like you can't reproduce that one pink Ferrari and psuedo-celebrity driving down your street, which was done by the whims and motives of the person driving it, it may be just as impossible to reproduce a flyby of an alien craft. If you don't believe aliens have been visiting us, then that is your opinion, but I have a feeling some of you won't believe they exist until they land on your front yard, and that is just plain stupidity. Just as your friend in the example won't believe you until that exact pink Ferrari and driver are parked in his driveway. Anecdotal evidence plays a much larger role in this world than some of you guys are willing to credit it.   

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Re: Proof for SURE that there are aliens *MUST READ* [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1756771 - 07/28/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sorry that there was a technicality in my metaphor. I was thinking more along the lines of the box from Shroedinger's Cat. As for the Internet existing or not...would it really matter if everyone in the world was linked to the universal consciousness and could communicate on different planes of existence?

As for evidence furthering science, yes, it does, but only in a very narrow scope. I can prove anything to myself by simply believing in it, thus manifesting it in my scope of reality. I can do subsequent tests on it, all with the same results. Does this prove to others that there are infinite possibilities and anything can be proven? No. They'll disregard me as crazy because they're cemented in the belief that they have to follow these certain sets of rules to reach point B.

Putting one perspective above another doesn't seem very scientific to me. Oh well, I'm sure they'll just pretentiously slap a label on me for the amount of some 5-HTP precursor that I seem to be lacking, or have a plethora of, completely discrediting any ramblings I may be sputtering...due, of course, to me not being "normal". Hmm. It's only science if it's normal and has already been established through years and years of completely objective experiments done by these "normal individuals". Hee hee, what a lovely oxymoron.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #1756946 - 07/28/03 05:21 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well said liquiddrawp.

Phluck you can mock me but remember this conversation fore soon I will be proved correct.

I really don't g.a.f about science either, you know what you see, nobody here could dispute me, its like they are geussing about my intelligence, making a judgement about the abilities of millions of other people, they must be so big headed, thinking they are god like, some how more knowledgeable than others, well FUCK YOU all disbeleivers, time will prove your ignorance.

--------------------

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Proof for SURE that there are aliens *MUST READ* [Re: ]
    #1757566 - 07/28/03 08:55 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"but I have a feeling some of you won't believe they exist until they land on your front yard"

I will believe if they communicated to us via radio or whatever. I would also believe it if someone produced a video that wasn't obviously faked or just some spots dancing.

Why would they always stay at a distance where we can only see a dot of light. Why would they go around in the sky making erratic zig-zagging motions or chasing eachother? That sounds more like insect behaviour to me.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Proof for SURE that there are aliens *MUST READ* [Re: Ego Death]
    #1757633 - 07/28/03 09:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"well FUCK YOU all disbeleivers, time will prove your ignorance."

Yeah, that's what those Heaven's Gate guys said. Also, every other fucking religious goof since the beginning of time. We're still waiting for the apocalypse/aliens/whatever.

Another thing, a lot of people seem to think that science is a big database of information on the nature of everything, like religion.

Science is no such thing. Science is a system for testing theories, and figuring out which ideas have a valid basis, and which ones are goofy illogical brain farts.

For instance, science doesn't say there aren't any aliens. What science says is that there is no solid evidence that there are aliens. Just because a bunch of people claim to have seen them is not evidence that they exist.

First of all, once the idea of aliens and alien abuctions became commonplace in pop culture, the instances of them happening skyrocketed. This could easily mean that people are jumping to the conclusion that they saw aliens because the idea was already imbedded in their heads.

danoEoboy, you can't possibly claim that you know for sure that what you saw were aliens. You saw some things in space that you could not identify. You are no expert on outer space, so how could you possibly think that you can tell for sure that they were aliens? Sure, there's a possibility that they were, but until you can prove either way, believing that you saw aliens is downright idiotic. You're obviously jumping to that conclusion because that's what you WANT to believe, not because it is the most likely possibility.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Proof for SURE that there are aliens *MUST READ* [Re: Phluck]
    #1757644 - 07/28/03 09:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Science can't, by definition, prove that anything is true. Nope. It doesn't work like that. Science can only prove that something is false. Theories, widely regarded as true, are still theories. Eventually, they'll become laws, but if something comes along that can be tested and it proves the law wrong, then BOOM! It is cast out (that is, after many, many tests).
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Proof for SURE that there are aliens *MUST READ* [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1757721 - 07/28/03 09:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Actually it's harder to prove a negative than a positive.

For instance, if someone told me I was stupid for believing in mountains, I wouldn't have much trouble dealing with that. I can prove that moutains exist. I can get photographs, do measurments, get testamonials from millions of people whove seen and experienced them, and I can bring rock samples, show how the weather is affected by them, all kinds of shit. Now, I suppose that this isn't 100% proof, it could be a mass hallucination, but the evidence is pretty overwhelming.

Aliens, however are quite a bit different. All I have for aliens is a bunch of people who say they saw them, and a few really blurry photographs. Now, there's no way I can prove that they aren't out there somewhere, but there's no good evidence whatsoever that they are.

Ever since the beginning of time, people have made up strange explanations for things they couldn't understand. Mental illness was demonic posession, the universe was created by a magical man in the sky, the earth was flat, and strange things in the sky are aliens.

Eventually, people come to a good conclusion based on actually observation, and not what they want to be true.

Observation, or a wild guess, what sounds like a better way to figure things out to you?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Re: Proof for SURE that there are aliens *MUST READ* [Re: Phluck]
    #1758197 - 07/29/03 12:03 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Observation, or a wild guess, what sounds like a better way to figure things out to you?

Observation is a wild guess. You say that the instance of UFO spotting became more commonplace after the first one, then disregarded that as a product of pop-culture and that the idea was embedded into their heads. This conclusion is as biased as science is. This phenomenon could also be easily attributed to a number of other variables, many of which science fails to even accept as possible (i.e. universal consciousness, the theory in which an idea is created and then basically suspended throughout the linearity of time, accessible by anyone able to tap into it after the original idea was put into the plane).

Science overlooks anything that isn't conventional. It denies that anything outside of it's experimentation processes are flawed and cannot be used in the model of science. This limits possibility. Saying that there is one true path and that anything outside of that path is impossible seems awfully ostentatious for someone bearing human traits.

Quote:

Phluck said:
Eventually, people come to a good conclusion based on actually observation, and not what they want to be true.

Who, may I ask, is the arbitrator of what a "good conclusion" is? How can you say that observation isn't influenced by what someone wants to see, thus making it true?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Polypropylene Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale