Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKalbaska
SPEED

Incubator question
    #1755715 - 07/28/03 12:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

To save the space in the incubator can I leave the jars in the water with the tank heater in it? Usually I have a closed box on top of the tank with water and the heater. So what would happend if I just left my jars half way in the water without using the second box?

--------------------
I'm not smiling because your joke was funny... I'm smiling because I know you'll be dead someday.

.........but it basically stems from the music, and im just hoping that people understand that moneys one thing................but soul is another.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Incubator question [Re: Kalbaska]
    #1755724 - 07/28/03 12:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds messy , possible flooding of jars possible , warm standing water has potential of breading contams . But if that is what you must do ...... go with it !
Good Luck
PS Potential to over heat jars also .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineKalbaska
SPEED

Re: Incubator question [Re: tripndicular]
    #1755727 - 07/28/03 12:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Why would the over heating happened? If the temp of the water would be kept at 86

--------------------
I'm not smiling because your joke was funny... I'm smiling because I know you'll be dead someday.

.........but it basically stems from the music, and im just hoping that people understand that moneys one thing................but soul is another.

Invisibletripndicular

#1755734 - 07/28/03 12:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

In most cases you are trying to heat up a small area to aprox 82 - 86*F , so the water temp is actually a tad higher to achieve this , but also the heater it self is at a higher temp than 86 , so any jars resting directly or to close to the heater could over heat one or two jars .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineKalbaska
SPEED

Re: Incubator question [Re: tripndicular]
    #1755737 - 07/28/03 12:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

What would be the over heating temp for the jars?

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#1755747 - 07/28/03 12:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Temps in excess of 95 will show signs of slow growth , aid in various contams potential to set in . Thermal death of spores and myc will occur at 104 degress .
Try you idea but keep close eye on those temps . Your biggest concern will be keeping water from flooding into jars
Good Luck
MAY THE MUSHROOM GODDESS BLESS ALL YOUR ENDEAVORS !~

--------------------

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#1755750 - 07/28/03 12:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Prob, if in side the tub it was 80 it would be about 84-86. Thats just an estimate. But if you want I can go check mine.

OfflineKalbaska
SPEED

Re: Incubator question [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #1755766 - 07/28/03 12:36 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

All rite guys thank's for the help. I'll just put the heater into the glass jar with water inside the incubator.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation