Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFlux
Symmetry Breaker
Loc: The Shroomery... retard
Has any of your shrooms grown like this?
    #1755354 - 07/28/03 07:09 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Wish I had a pic but I guess words will have to do. After recently casing a had a couple of premie pins pop up As in 1-2 days. The first one grew pretty fast but it grew sideways and had the cap point up. Well 4 days or so later this fucker is about 13" long and has snaked along the ground completely sideways  :wtf: as though it couldn't support it's own weight and had around a 1.5" cap whose edges were slightly blue (it was pretty mature but still are the rims supposed to tint?). The stipe looked kinda funky, somewhat oblong in most places with variances in thickness of the stipe wall although it maintained typical thicker at bottom then near the cap form. I picked it and cut into it's stem at different places as well as the cap (are stems supposed to be hollow at maturity?) and saw no signs of any infection I have heard about, everything was nice and white but I threw the fucker out anyways. What do you guys think?  :confused:     

--------------------
What'd I tell you about looking at my signature bitch!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Has any of your shrooms grown like this? [Re: Flux]
    #1755390 - 07/28/03 07:34 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, dig it out and keep it. Sounds like your typical monster shroom to me!

OfflineGeneric0
Mushroom
Loc: Mushvill
Re: Has any of your shrooms grown like this? [Re: shakta]
    #1755543 - 07/28/03 08:28 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

why the hell did you throw it out?!!!??!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!??!?!!?!??

OfflineDank420
Shrooms...Mmm

Loc: 'burbs of philly
    #1755554 - 07/28/03 08:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

:wtf: What is the color of the container you cased in, was it clear?  You threw out a 13 inch shroom?  :wtf:

--------------------
"I tried marijuana once. I did not inhale." -William Clinton.

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: Has any of your shrooms grown like this? [Re: Dank420]
    #1755564 - 07/28/03 08:39 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

weird mutated shroomz rule! I would eat the garbage off of it, for sure. It may have snaked along the ground because sometimes they grow towards the perlite (or whever the light is directing them). Stems of cubensis are usually hollow, except some limited strains are solid in the right conditions.

--------------------

OfflineFlux
Symmetry Breaker
Re: Has any of your shrooms grown like this? [Re: Dank420]
    #1755572 - 07/28/03 08:47 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Container is clear and the casing tub, the thing the 50/50 mix is in, is black. Yes I threw out a 13" shroom, the stem just didn't look healthy in form, every time I've birthed a cake the stems are round, solid (not hollow), and just plain healthy looking. This thing just looked too mutated, especially compared to picture perfect smaller (and still growing) shroom next to it, and I was too concerned for my health as I'm not very worldly experienced in recognizing mycological diseases yet. And to answer two more questions, yes I measured it and yes I cried :frown:     

--------------------

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
    #1755605 - 07/28/03 09:16 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It's fine, go get it. The stipes are supposed to be hollow. If the stem was very hollow, it could be because of high CO2 content. If that's the case, it usually grows high up in the air to reach the O2. Since yours grew along the ground, I'm not quite sure though.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Edited by neutralizer (07/28/03 09:23 AM)

OfflineFlux
Symmetry Breaker
Re: Has any of your shrooms grown like this? [Re: neutralizer]
    #1755633 - 07/28/03 09:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Too late :frown: :shake: :shake: :shake: 

--------------------

OfflineMykeOfile
stranger thanmost
Loc: behind the bookshelf
    #1755783 - 07/28/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i so cant believe that shit, the general rule is to ask questions like that while the monster is sittin in ur drying chamber, BEFORE u throw it out, silly goose

--------------------
u know it aint funny when u aint got no money and the clock strikes 420 and u wanna get high
~Kottonmouth Kings

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: Has any of your shrooms grown like this? [Re: MykeOfile]
    #1755791 - 07/28/03 10:46 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

aha silly goose.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1755823 - 07/28/03 10:57 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Direction of lighting can cause this , also not keeping enough fresh air in chamber can casue twisted snakes like mushies . Clear walled containers also can cause such events , and last good old mutants sometimes occur , and they are safe to eat .
Slightly hollow stems are fine in P.Cubes .
THREW IT OUT !!!!!!!!! The mush Goddess may wilt your next crop for mistreating her children . Perhaps my prayer will help you next time .
May The Mushroom Goddess Bless All Your Endeavors !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale