Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMarukai
Stranger

Re: Is Apple headed for the grave with Palm? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #17525764 - 01/10/13 02:13 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicJoke said:
To me it's all ridiculous, nobody should feel compelled to fuck with the native power management of their operating system... The speedstepping should be fine as it is... The default idle p-state frequency should be perfectly sufficient, more so than ever today, unless you're using shitty hardware :shrug:

This just goes to show that some really don't understand tweaking of software and how it directly impacts the hardware of the phone. Under clocking and over clocking both offer substantial benefits that Apple just can't deliver upon. Apple also has all batteries built into their devices. This just makes this so much worse... You don't have the ability to purchase an aftermarket battery with a higher mah. It's really amazing what you can do with an Android based phone. Some have actually turned their phone into a dual boot device that can boot Ubuntu Linux and Native Android..

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Is Apple headed for the grave with Palm? [Re: Marukai]
    #17526517 - 01/10/13 09:11 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Marukai said:
Quote:

CosmicJoke said:
To me it's all ridiculous, nobody should feel compelled to fuck with the native power management of their operating system... The speedstepping should be fine as it is... The default idle p-state frequency should be perfectly sufficient, more so than ever today, unless you're using shitty hardware :shrug:

This just goes to show that some really don't understand tweaking of software and how it directly impacts the hardware of the phone. Under clocking and over clocking both offer substantial benefits that Apple just can't deliver upon. Apple also has all batteries built into their devices. This just makes this so much worse... You don't have the ability to purchase an aftermarket battery with a higher mah. It's really amazing what you can do with an Android based phone. Some have actually turned their phone into a dual boot device that can boot Ubuntu Linux and Native Android..

No, I precisely underclocking and overclocking and I don't see them as substantial benefits in the slightest for a phone.  Example, you could set up a profile to heavily underclock the HTC Incredible when the screen was off and still keep it stable.  I forget what the base frequency for idling was, maybe 650mhz, but you could downclock it to roughly 300mhz and nobody would be the wiser, it was just as stable for my usage. I still have it sitting in a drawer actually

That's what it looks like with an extended battery, kindah bulky eh? This was official one, 3rd parties actually made larger ones :lol: They do look a lot better on phones that are 4.5", the surface area for the battery is so much larger.... I still find the incredible is more comfortable to hold though than the GNexus (which I also have).

Also, yes, I also had the phone overlocked, it had an undeniably higher quadrant score :lol: but that's about it.... experientially, my iPhone's UI was smoother in every way shape and form at stock and gets just as good battery life as the Android phone w/ extended battery and tweaks.

There are some things though that are just fucking nice about Android.  Manually managing your files, adding applications from sources other than the market place with ease, and also being able to reflow your fucking browser (which is a feature iOS seems to disable so no 3rd party browser can do it).  I do appreciate Android, but entirely different things about it I guess :shrug:

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineMarukai
Stranger

#17527350 - 01/10/13 01:46 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicJoke said:
Quote:

Marukai said:
Quote:

CosmicJoke said:

No, I precisely underclocking and overclocking and I don't see them as substantial benefits in the slightest for a phone.  Example, you could set up a profile to heavily underclock the HTC Incredible when the screen was off and still keep it stable.  I forget what the base frequency for idling was, maybe 650mhz, but you could downclock it to roughly 300mhz and nobody would be the wiser, it was just as stable for my usage. I still have it sitting in a drawer actually

That's what it looks like with an extended battery, kindah bulky eh? This was official one, 3rd parties actually made larger ones :lol: They do look a lot better on phones that are 4.5", the surface area for the battery is so much larger.... I still find the incredible is more comfortable to hold though than the GNexus (which I also have).

Also, yes, I also had the phone overlocked, it had an undeniably higher quadrant score :lol: but that's about it.... experientially, my iPhone's UI was smoother in every way shape and form at stock and gets just as good battery life as the Android phone w/ extended battery and tweaks.

There are some things though that are just fucking nice about Android.  Manually managing your files, adding applications from sources other than the market place with ease, and also being able to reflow your fucking browser (which is a feature iOS seems to disable so no 3rd party browser can do it).  I do appreciate Android, but entirely different things about it I guess :shrug:

This show's why Apple is headed for a slow death http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/apple-lost-edge-152706867.html

Just released today.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#17527400 - 01/10/13 01:58 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I dunno, they argued they were robust and growing but have lost their edge :shrug: which is a good thing, there should be viable alternatives that people want :shrug:

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Invisiblekoraks
    #17527426 - 01/10/13 02:05 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Marukai said:
This show's why Apple is headed for a slow death http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/apple-lost-edge-152706867.html

That analysis relies only on the question if they are dominant in existing markets. The real question, especially if you talk about profitability, is what new market segments they may create. So nice analysis, but only relevant in a total 'red ocean' scenario, not the 'blue ocean' scenario in which winning tech firms are really profitable.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: Is Apple headed for the grave with Palm? [Re: koraks]
    #17527505 - 01/10/13 02:21 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
Quote:

Marukai said:

That analysis relies only on the question if they are dominant in existing markets. The real question, especially if you talk about profitability, is what new market segments they may create. So nice analysis, but only relevant in a total 'red ocean' scenario, not the 'blue ocean' scenario in which winning tech firms are really profitable.

I'm afraid of what market segments they may create... All attention back to macs please, even if it spells their demise :lol:

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#17529779 - 01/10/13 09:50 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Amigas were better.

--------------------
Wiccan_Seeker said:
slide down a pole than with your legs spread and using your pussy as a brake. Ask the fire department :imslow:

OfflineMarukai
Stranger

Re: Is Apple headed for the grave with Palm? [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #17529878 - 01/10/13 10:11 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

huh?:confused:

Invisiblekoraks
    #17531240 - 01/11/13 05:47 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Marukai said:
huh?:confused:

Maybe that was before your time, but when the first Macs emerged on the market, Amiga also had a successful product line and an enthusiastic fan base. In many ways, the Amiga and the Mac were comparable in the way they tried to make technology accessible and fun to use for the public, with an emphasis on artistic applications. And games, in the case of Amiga :wink:

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Is Apple headed for the grave with Palm? [Re: koraks]
    #17536836 - 01/12/13 12:02 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

God damn the amiga was better. But the difference in marketing made all the difference. I have heard it said that if Amiga were tasked with marketing KFC, their jingle would be "Dead chicken in a bucket."

--------------------
Wiccan_Seeker said:
slide down a pole than with your legs spread and using your pussy as a brake. Ask the fire department :imslow:

OfflineMarukai
Stranger

Re: Is Apple headed for the grave with Palm? [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #17550199 - 01/15/13 03:04 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

General Interest >> Science and Technology