Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: I've failed... again!
    #17547 - 05/18/00 05:18 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

that sucks!
i've never heard of purple contam before.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #17549 - 05/18/00 05:53 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

more info.
what tek did you use ?

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Anonymous

#17550 - 05/18/00 07:00 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Use rubbing Alcohol to wipe down your needles / jars / lids and hands. WEAR A DUST MASK!!! take a long shower, and most importantly inoculate your jars using a standard oven set on low. 12 of 12 jars for me everytime using my ghetto Flow Hood.

Offlineshroomer9
    #17551 - 05/18/00 07:25 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

I used the pf tek. my jars were resting on a blanket with animal hair on it before i used them. Ryche said this type of contam was often carried by animals. Please explain this flowhood method more or tell me where i could read it. also what did you mean by innoculate with oven on low. i didn't understand that. thanks

Anonymous

#17552 - 05/18/00 07:38 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Well, the oven tek is basically setting the oven on low, pulling out the top rack and using that as a work surface. The theory is that the rising warm updraft of air will keep any airborne contams away from the area.

I have found that step for inoculation purposes to be of little importance. The dust mask is a good idea.The cake method id really easy. Wash your hands, wear clean clothes, spray some lysol in the air, do not touch the needle with your hands. If you do, then wipe it down with alcohol or flame sterilize. I was boiling my jars until last week myself with no probem with contams. I found a pressure cooker at K MArt for $35.00 and got it. The pot I boiled them in had a good tight lid and was pretty big. I boiled them (at the lowest possible boiling temp) for 1 hour. Inoculate, tape the holes if you really want to be safe, put them in a clean dark cupboard or cabinet,and neglect for a couple of weeks.

Just follow the instructions online at www.fanaticus.com or get them from the grow/find section here.

:smile:

------------------
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
---Willy Wonka

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
    #17553 - 05/20/00 07:50 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Just 2 words.....
1- CLEANLINESS
using a blanket were animals used to stay it's a stupid thing, use a cardboard box that you sprayed before with lysol
2- PRESSURE COOKER
i know that lot's of people use a simple pot but for a more constant success THE way is the pressure cooker. contams became sporadical...trust me

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder