Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Marc Emery
    #1754009 - 07/27/03 08:05 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

What do you think of him?

Noble forsure, but many people are questionable of his antic's. I think he need's to back down a bit on his political platform and be receptive to what the people are prepared to accept...and liberalize with time..as he gains power and respect.
Ive often questioned the way he handle's some situations and no doubt his current "summer of legalization tour". Well, he's been detained 4 times, its not seeming so legal..BUT its brilliant at the same time, getting tons of press, and in every press release on CC he's practically complimenting the cop's on how he's treated...getting on their good side it seems.
Conclusion: I think he's a bit immature to be representing marijuana, but i think he's great for the community and will be/is on the forefront of liberalizing drug policy.

What do you think?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNapkinOfDoom
The CombatWombat

Re: Marc Emery [Re: PDU]
    #1754016 - 07/27/03 08:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

never heard of him

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1754166 - 07/27/03 09:10 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think he does what he does just as publicity stunts to promote his business. Things happen that he had nothing to do with, and people give him credit for it. For some reason some people think he has helped with the decriminalization of marijuana. I can't really see how anything he has done could have resulted in that.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #1754425 - 07/27/03 11:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I hate him because he capatalizes off of marijuana. He sells some seeds for $300. From a plant that grows in the ground.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Offlinekief
Dr. Nuggz

Loc: east coast
Re: Marc Emery [Re: Cherk]
    #1754487 - 07/27/03 11:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

he sucks don't ever buy seeds from him he rips people off selling them schwag seeds or nothing at all! read about him on overgrow.

--------------------
the mind is a terrilble thing to waste i show love causes it a terrible thing to hate.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Marc Emery [Re: kief]
    #1754521 - 07/28/03 12:14 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Na, alot of people think his seed sales are justified because he puts so much money into the cause...even through pot tv/cannabisculture.com, the magazine, the BC marijuana party, legal fee's of the busted...

He really get's pot into the headline's, im actually surprised (pleasantly) to see your guy's's opinion.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineMaverik
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: West
    #1754672 - 07/28/03 01:51 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have heard a lot of negative reports from others about his business practices (ie. ripping off seed orders, sending inferior seeds, stealing genetics from breeders) My guess without any first hand knowledge is he's probably solely concerned with his own well being.

--------------------
~ Dead to the Core ~

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #1754945 - 07/28/03 03:37 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

He may put a lot of money in the cause but the fact remains that he's charging $300 for 10 seeds from a plant. In my opinion he creates a lot of negative publicity as well. Normal people just see him as this crazy stoner that goes around everywhere getting arrested.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: Marc Emery [Re: Cherk]
    #1755617 - 07/28/03 09:23 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Cost-wise, $300 for top shelf seeds really isn't that bad as long as they're feminized (which is what the really expensive ones usually are) and you don't fuck up the grow; if one were to get a pound off of the first harvest, take cuttings off of the best plants and get another pound...see what I'm saying, it's like costing next to nothing at that point. Of course, one would like to assume that legitimate quality seed is involved in such an enterprise, and not something less or other than advertised.
He may be a little more public with his actions than others, but doesn't someone have to be?

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #1755991 - 07/28/03 11:45 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think its a pretty good thing he's doing. Hitler thinks hes doing it for his own good, but I really don't see him doing it for that. Hes always donating to American marijuana partys that are trying to get started, has put together the best cannabis magazine, and a very good site with lots of differant shows. I think he's an honest guy, but nobodys knows for sure.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #1756062 - 07/28/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Marc IS a consumate politician and a shrewed businessman.This has made some folks angry with some of what he's done.
I will tell you how I feel about my freindly aquaintance with Marc Emery.He is a generous and gracious host who easily makes you feel at home in his home.He is attentive to the needs of handicapped freinds and has genuine compasssion for the medical users of cannabis.
He also has an upscale godfather/rockstar ego and is quite impressed with his own importance.In his business he has dealt with some unsavory characters and has the sack to handle anyone who wishes to break bad with him.In spite of all this he remains the largest and most public af all cannabis businessmen/activists.He also contributes a large percentage of his profit to many social programs.In short Marc is exactly the man which this industry has propelled to his present status,all the altruism of the true believing stoner and all the cynicism and hard edges of a businessman in a grey market industry.
I would vote for him for any political office,better the crook you understand..................
WR:rasta: 

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Marc Emery [Re: whiterasta]
    #1756754 - 07/28/03 04:00 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"he creates a lot of negative publicity as well. Normal people just see him as this crazy stoner that goes around everywhere getting arrested."

Now thats what im talking about. He needs to win over the normal people by being a bit more conservative while pushing liberal policies (but as i said, he need's to be receptive to what they want to see at this time). I mean, just the fact that he wants pot legal wins over most of the marijuana community, now he need's to get the other 35% or so of people to start winning some vote's. Either way, i think he's the best mover'n'shaker we got, but the way he does things could be delaying the enevitable.

I know of some very bad things he's done which could be extremely detrimental to his freedom's, business and political career's, risk's that probably shouldnt have been taken under any circumstances.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinesw1sha
Stranger
Re: Marc Emery [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1762243 - 07/30/03 08:59 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"Cost-wise, $300 for top shelf seeds really isn't that bad as long as they're feminized (which is what the really expensive ones usually are) and you don't fuck up the grow;"

as many have said marc emery is a rip off, and 300$ for seeds you can buy for 150 or less elsewhere is a total ripoff. but people buy fromh im because they dont know any better.
its a known fact he charges 2x's more for seeds then other sites...

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: Marc Emery [Re: sw1sha]
    #1762267 - 07/30/03 09:15 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If they're the same seeds, sw1sha, then logically, yes, you've saved a few bucks. $150 for ten feminized would be a very good deal, they typically seem to run in that $300 range for any strain of feminized. Do you recommend anyone in particular that you feel would be safe for someone to pursue such business deals with? It also seems like the Dutch seeds are all in the higher range since they're typically feminized, true?

Offlinekief
Dr. Nuggz

Re: Marc Emery [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1762495 - 07/30/03 11:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

marc emery sucks all he does is rip people off there are 100's of posts on overgrow about people getting ripped off all he does is blow up the spot on smuggling into the US and raise the eyes of DEA, don't buy feminized seeds all you need is some giberellic acid and a flowering female.

--------------------
the mind is a terrilble thing to waste i show love causes it a terrible thing to hate.

Offlinekief
Dr. Nuggz

Re: Marc Emery [Re: whiterasta]
    #1762505 - 07/30/03 11:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

whiterasta said:
Marc IS a consumate politician and a shrewed businessman.This has made some folks angry with some of what he's done.

there noone buy from him his friend says it, shrewd businessman i guess that's what you call someone who rips his fellow smokers off buy sending them no seeds or schwag seeds.

--------------------

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #1763058 - 07/30/03 02:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

$300 for 10 feminized seeds is NOT a good deal, overgrow.com has links of seed sellers for great prices, way, way , way below that.

I dont know the guy enough personally or otherwise to make an opinion about him

Offlinekief
Dr. Nuggz

Re: Marc Emery [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1763164 - 07/30/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i have never met him or done business but i have friends who he has ripped off. and thats enough for me

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1763599 - 07/30/03 05:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

He charges for F2 ripoffs of other people's genetics for more than what you can get f1 origionals for from the breeder, or way more than what you can get F2s for from other distributors.

If you want to make a real contribution, buy your seeds from someone else, then donate $100 to a real reform group.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Marc Emery [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1763860 - 07/30/03 06:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Oh man, i so didnt expect everyone to be ragging on marc. So what do you guy's think of his political stance...im getting the impression ya'll think he's a goof too. Good or bad for the marijuana movement?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order