Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Multi Substrate Test [Re: cupid]
    #1744965 - 07/24/03 02:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

*applause* Thank you, Anno. It's experimentors like you who really make this board what it is.

I really look forward to seeing the results of the chromatography. Could you point me at directions for doing this myself?

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Multi Substrate Test [Re: Sev]
    #1744978 - 07/24/03 02:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Whoops, didn't see that you were sending out to a lab.  Wish I had access to a resource like that.  :smile:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineFungusmaximusFM
Shepherds theweak through thevalley ofdarkness

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Multi Substrate Test [Re: Anno]
    #1745701 - 07/24/03 06:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you Anno!
I'm glad to see someone who still takes our hobby seriously.
This thread is long as hell and I just skimmed through it so if I say something already mentioned please excuse my ignorance.

I think you will find that it not only has to do with the available precursors in the substrate but each individual substrain's ability to process the available precursors into active chems.
Some will be able to convert more than others, obviously.
To accurately preform this experiment its gonna take a whole lot of these experiment to come to a final conclusion as to which is best for what substrate...
My 2...

Keep up the great work
FM

--------------------
Lord Fungusmaximus

Edited by FungusmaximusFM (07/24/03 06:56 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1745858 - 07/24/03 07:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think there is also the question as to whether each substrate is prepared at it's optimum conditions, most notably water content.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Multi Substrate Test [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1747262 - 07/25/03 06:49 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I dont think water content will effect psilocibe production, only nutrients right? Im just a noob tho

OfflineFungusmaximusFM
Shepherds theweak through thevalley ofdarkness

Loc: The Netherlands
    #1748748 - 07/25/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Anno, Im interested in seeing if spawnmate effects potency.
It certainly effects growth rates and size, as I've seen first hand.
I will gladly send you some promycel 600 spawnmate , if you would like to include it into your experiment?
That would be good info to find out....

--------------------
Lord Fungusmaximus

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Multi Substrate Test [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1749144 - 07/25/03 06:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It probably wouldn't affect potency, but it would affect colonization time.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlineahel
ho bag

#1750128 - 07/26/03 02:40 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

cupid said:
Here is my idea spelled out more basically, as of now is that if you supplement your substrate with the aforementioned product it will yield faster stronger longer growing substrate. The study I propose (if you understand what HYDROPONICS) is at all is to use a nutrient devoid substrate like marbels or gravel or whatever is cheap and add only water and chemicals to this substrate and grow shrooms for an indefenite length of time, because when ever neutrients runs low you would just add more liquid food and the myc would produce OVER AND OVER, also how could it become infected if there is no solid matter for competing organisms to take hold on and the LIQUID could have a antibiotic in it h2o2 for example. All in all i think my mix is getting pretty close because if i add it to a dying substrate it grows like MAGIC but i cant quite get it to go 100% HYDROPONIC with just water and the mix yet but again im getting close.

please elaborate???

Offlinecupid
Trust noone

Re: Multi Substrate Test [Re: ahel]
    #1750502 - 07/26/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ahel said:
Quote:

cupid said:
Here is my idea spelled out more basically, as of now is that if you supplement your substrate with the aforementioned product it will yield faster stronger longer growing substrate. The study I propose (if you understand what HYDROPONICS) is at all is to use a nutrient devoid substrate like marbels or gravel or whatever is cheap and add only water and chemicals to this substrate and grow shrooms for an indefenite length of time, because when ever neutrients runs low you would just add more liquid food and the myc would produce OVER AND OVER, also how could it become infected if there is no solid matter for competing organisms to take hold on and the LIQUID could have a antibiotic in it h2o2 for example. All in all i think my mix is getting pretty close because if i add it to a dying substrate it grows like MAGIC but i cant quite get it to go 100% HYDROPONIC with just water and the mix yet but again im getting close.

please elaborate???

on what part ?

--------------------
Final last words... What's this button do ?

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #1750550 - 07/26/03 11:28 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think you will have an algae problem with your idea; however, I am intrigued and suggest you go through with your experiment. This is also way off the topic of the thread, maybe you want to start a new one?

Offline284_27
Indocybin

Re: Multi Substrate Test [Re: YidakiMan]
    #1752629 - 07/27/03 08:53 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I would think that it would be interesting to see which substrate had the highest concentration of tryptophan in the first place . Though normally isolated from casein I would think that certain amounts are probably in different substrates .

--------------------
"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson

Fly high and I will meet you there .
- Timothy Leary

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #1753481 - 07/27/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yes true, but the whole point of this test is potency right? Heh anyways, have any updates Anno? this is a neat experiment.

OMG did I just say neat?

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1753496 - 07/27/03 04:18 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Multi Substrate Test [Re: Alien]
    #1753825 - 07/27/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not criticising, just commentating.

--------------------

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1753900 - 07/27/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I am interested in not only potency, but yield as well. Hopefully this will be included...
I am sure Anno has taken all necessary precautions to make this a good controlled experiment, and this is the closest thing we will have besides speculation to end the potency debate. The conclusions revealed here will leave no questions in my mind once complete.
So, for anyone that wants to criticize the experiment before it is even half finished:

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlinemycophage
Old and in theway
Loc: 5HT receptor
Re: Multi Substrate Test [Re: ATWAR]
    #1754345 - 07/27/03 10:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Anno,

I would also like to thank you for performing this substrate evaluation. I am particularly intrigued about your plan to quantitate actives. Please keep updated.
Could you assay a couple of aborts while your at the HPLC? Also any fruits grown under stress (low rh, low vs high temp).
I mean if you have the time :wink:

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Multi Substrate Test [Re: mycophage]
    #1754571 - 07/28/03 12:46 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Anno,

I just thought of something; forgive me if it?s already been stated. Is there any possibility that you can compare the degree of bluing to the potency results? This may help shed light on that old argument also. Perhaps chop the stem in half of a couple mushrooms from each substrate and compare?

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Multi Substrate Test [Re: ATWAR]
    #1754697 - 07/28/03 02:11 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

These would all be genetically identical. To test for that you would probably want to test both genetically identical accross different substrates, and geneticaly varied on the same substrate.

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1755042 - 07/28/03 04:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Update:
All jars are colonized, except for amaranth(4/5 colonized) and dung(2/3 colonized).

The fastest were BRF, finch birdseed and grated potato.

As for the yield.... I will try to note the yield also. As good as possible.
As I already said, I will combine the mushrooms of the first 2 flushes of each substrate for the test.

I will let the jars colonize for a few more days, and then put them in the fridge, cause I?m leaving for 2-3 weeks. I will case and fruit them when I come back, so we will have fruits at earliest in 1 month.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1755332 - 07/28/03 06:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I will let the jars colonize for a few more days, and then put them in the fridge, cause I?m leaving for 2-3 weeks. I will case and fruit them when I come back, so we will have fruits at earliest in 1 month.

WHAT!?!?  You can't build everybody up like this and just leave without delivering!  Just kidding!!!  :smile:  I cannot wait to see the results, even if we have to wait a bit longer than expected.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder