Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMrREECE
The One

Loc: CANADA
Spores on my equiptment!!!!!
    #1754317 - 07/28/03 12:35 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hey all,

I am fairly new to growing shrooms but I have had a lot of success so far!!! I am just wondering if I can use all the spores that were dropped in my terrarium??? I had to go away for a few days and when I came home my shrooms had grown there second flush and dropped all there spores!!!!! Is there away to use these as prints to makes more syringes????I have a very sterile environment but it is very humid!!! The spores are EVERYWHERE!!!!! Any thoughts on this would be great!!!

Thanks so much!!!
MrREECE(Jason)

--------------------
Hey all 'JUST BLAZE'

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: Spores on my equiptment!!!!! [Re: MrREECE]
    #1754321 - 07/28/03 12:38 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

the spores all over the terraium? I would say they are not useful at all, if you want spores to make a syringe, just take a print on tinfoil and make some syringes, lots of teks and such in shroomery.

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: Spores on my equiptment!!!!! [Re: GregHimself]
    #1754354 - 07/28/03 12:54 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yeah if the spore had already drop to the casing or sibstrate they can't be used.when the cap of a good sized mushrooms opens up so that it is flat pick it and cut the stem of as close to the cap as you can and watch out not to harm the gills.take the cap not and set it on white paper or tin foil and set a cup over top of it to keep the humidity up so that it will still drop spores.for more info search for a spore print tek or read the FAQ's

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
Re: Spores on my equiptment!!!!! [Re: MrREECE]
    #1754417 - 07/28/03 01:22 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

also keep in mind that even if there are spores all over the bottom of ur chamber and the caps are mature u can still salvage some spores from the caps.. sometimes when making spore prints i find that even if i can see the spores with my naked eye i can make a spore syringe with it even tho the inside of the syringe afterwards still looks like clear water.

hope it helps

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Spores on my equiptment!!!!! [Re: MycoGlowFlow]
    #1755526 - 07/28/03 10:20 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

My friend had a cap that had already started to turn black, and had dropped a shitload of spores in his terrarium. He took a sterilized jar and dropped the cap in there. He left a couple of small holes in the lid, and 24 hours later he had a nice print in the bottom of the jar. He plans to add some sterilized water to it, and make some syringes.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Spores on my equiptment!!!!! [Re: shakta]
    #1756935 - 07/28/03 07:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

If you wanted you could try mixing the perlite with dunk and spawning it outside, and praying, but the perlite's likely to be contamn'ed.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineMrREECE
The One

Loc: CANADA
Re: Spores on my equiptment!!!!! [Re: shakta]
    #1764594 - 07/31/03 01:37 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hey bro let me know if it turns out!!!!! I am interested in trying that method of making syringes!!!It sounds like it would be easier!!!Have you tried using a jar and sterile water???Let me know!!!
Later

MrREECE(jason)

--------------------
Hey all 'JUST BLAZE'

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation