Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
best kept secret humidity & air exchange cheap !!!
    #1700199 - 07/09/03 04:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This is a do it all tek for air exchange and humdity and there is no need for humans it dose it all without having to watch over it or fan it and change perlite ect... just add water and walk away this is what everybody needs!!!
this tek is one of the best kept secreton humidity and air exchange all-in-one from what i found!

Designed to create a healthier environment for reptiles and amphibians from tropical and subtropical regions. This unique device constantly supplies your terrarium with fresh, humid air. Eliminates the need for hand spraying, except when needed for dew licking animals. We have successfully used a similar device for several years with our hermit crabs. For use with up to a 55 gallon tank. Unit sits external to the terrarium, so it can be easily hidden from view. Only the thin output tube sits inside the tank. To use, you simply fill the humidifier tank with water to the fill line. The sponge inside the tank will become moist and saturate the air above the water. This fresh, humid air is then pumped off into your terrarium. (Click on the image on the right to see a larger view.)

Uses a standard aquarium air pump, which must be purchased separately. When choosing an air pump, choose a model that produces enough air for an aquarium that is the same size as your terrarium so that the air in the terrarium is exchanged once every hour. . (In other words, choose a bigger pump for bigger tanks.) Each unit stands approximately 12" tall with a 4" x 4" footprint. Includes the humidifier tank and cover, (2) suction cups, output nozzle with 4 air outlets, humidifying sponge, air diffuser, and air supply tube.

Note: For this unit to work properly, your cage must have a glass or plastic top to retain moisture. Screen tops will allow all of the moisture to escape out to the surrounding room and may not allow the
humidity level of the tank to rise.

this is the U.S.A webpage where this can be order from (ored here if from USA)

http://www.petdiscounters.com/small_animal/reptile/maintenance/im_tropic_aire.html

here is the Canadian website (ored here if from canada)

http://www.mayerspet.net/index.html?loadfile=item8600300.html

NOTE: you can also put the air pump in a air filter box (or make one for it) to get the cleanest air going into your grow chamber and h202(hydrogen peroxide)in the water to cut down the chance of contams

plz post a msg to let me know what you think about this tek.

I hope this helps you

I have other kickass teks i'm working on that when i'm done working out the problems they will be posted too

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Edited by Psilocybin_monkey (08/07/03 04:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
Re: best kept secret humidity & air exchange cheap !!! [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1700244 - 07/09/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

how well does this work wiht a rubbermaid chamber?
do u have some pics of results?
does it provide enuff air?
what does it keep the humidity at?

etc etc.....

[hyp]

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Re: best kept secret humidity & air exchange cheap !!! [Re: hyper_dermic]
    #1700280 - 07/09/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yes it works good with a rubbermaid chambers(For use with up to a 55 gallon tank) too infact that all I use it for. It filters and diffuses water to the grow chamber to maintain proper levels of air and humidty.I brought a cheap humidty gage all it says is "HI" for humidity but they fuit with no problems so i take it it is high enough to not have any troubles and i never had to hand fan it once.If you get too much humidty you can buy a 24 hour timer so you can set it and forget it.Like is said before this is the most Self-Automated you can get.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1700372 - 07/09/03 05:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Now my guess would be that the smaller the tupperware container the more humidty and air excahnge so if you are using a 55 gallon you may get less or not get high enough humidty now this is just a guess i'm not sure,right now i'm using a measures 23x16x10 a grow chamber and i have no trouble

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflineMrSleep
P. Cubensis
    #1700591 - 07/09/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I had one of these for my iguana once (seriously, my real life iguana) and it didn't do shit. I was using it properly too. Probably because his terrarium wasn't air tight. Duh. Heh, but anyway-you can do this same thing by putting an air stone in a cup of water. :-/ There isn't any difference-I can vouch for that.
-Mr.Sleep

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Re: best kept secret humidity & air exchange cheap !!! [Re: MrSleep]
    #1700756 - 07/09/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

if you put a air stone in a cup of water all that dose is inrease the humidty up 15% above normal.how big was your fishtank?how strong was your air pump?was it the exact same make/model as the one i posted?

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1753655 - 07/27/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This is the other big chamber with the small hole drilled in the side.Your temp gauge can read inside and outside temp as well as inside humidity. Place the gauge inside the chamber to monitor the humidity like so. You want the readout to say "HI". Once you have seen that you have reached 95% humidity. The gauge itself reads the temp/humidity and the little gauge on the wire can read inside the box when the regular gauge is outside the box.

This is the hose that comes from your humidifier to provide moist clean air to your grow chamber. Simply attach the hose to the rod if it is not already attached for you. You can position however you like inside the chamber. Just tape it to the side with some good, strong tape and make sure not to cover any of the holes on the rod.

This is your filter box. This holds your air pump and all of your hoses. It's purpose is to make sure that the air flowing into your grow chamber is filtered properly to ensure that there are no contaminates flowing in. You should not have to set anything up for this. Just set it to the side and make sure that these hoses are correct:

Both of the air hoses coming from the air pump are leading into the intake of this device. Then the outtake hose should be leading to your humidifier:

This is the humidifier. It has an intake and an outtake. The outtake hose leading from the previous device should be leading into the intake of the humidifier. That is the hose with the little blue ball on it. (This is a water diffuser) This means that the air pump is blowing both of it's air holes into the humidifier. The outtake hose on the humidifier should be connected with the hose that goes to the grow chamber. Fill the humidifier with spring water and screw on the top.

This is your timer. Simply follow the instructions on the back.I recommend that you have the chamber cycle for one hour every 8 hours.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1753670 - 07/27/03 05:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

well It runs off a fish tank air pump and tubbing.I found it kept the humidity up good in the snall to med tupperware containers with out perlite added but if you use a bigger container you may need to add some perlite to get 100% humidity in the grow chamber.I only tried it in a container that measures 23x16x10 for a grow chamber and my humidity guage said "HI" so my guess is it should be around 100% humidity inside the grow chamber.Like I said if you put the fish tank air pump in a filter air tight box it will force clean air in the grow chamber and if you use some h202(hydrogen peroxide) in the clean/distilled water that will also cut down on contams and it can run straight for up to 12 hours.You may have to put it on a timer if needed to get the humidity level just right.Yeah so it takes care of the air exchange and humidity and it's pretty much and one unit is only good for one grow chamber

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinevolcomYAE23
What up
    #1753705 - 07/27/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

on the sides on the rubermade container, are those air filters?

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Re: best kept secret humidity & air exchange cheap !!! [Re: volcomYAE23]
    #1753800 - 07/27/03 06:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yes they are air filters on the side of the air filter box.What you do is put you fish tank air pump inside the filter box(air tight) and run the tubes out the filter box it will suck in clean air through the filters on the sides and pump clean filtered air inside the grow chamber it cuts the chances of pumping air born contams inside the grow chamber more less

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinevolcomYAE23
What up
    #1754355 - 07/27/03 10:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

What should i buy for the set up? Besides the humidifier...

thx

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Re: best kept secret humidity & air exchange cheap !!! [Re: volcomYAE23]
    #1754435 - 07/27/03 11:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

air tubing,hydrogen peroxide,air filters,small tupper container to put the air pump in,fish tank air pump,grow chamber,timer,clean/distilled water

the only thing you NEED are the grow chamber ,air tubing and the air pump all the other stuff just cuts down on contams

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlinedastats
The Truth is Blinding
Loc: B.C.
    #1939275 - 09/21/03 11:15 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Narly, I dig all that stuff. Nice werk guys.

Jater

--------------------
Peace all.

Jater

Offlineacidhead1279
Master Of AllThings Hip
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the other si...
Re: best kept secret humidity & air exchange cheap !!! [Re: dastats]
    #1939289 - 09/21/03 11:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

works pretty good, usin one myself

--------------------
Farewell FRSE!  We had such good times together.

InvisibleQwerty_huddle
Trans-male

Loc: Texas, USA
Re: best kept secret humidity & air exchange cheap !!! *DELETED* [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #8456923 - 05/28/08 07:39 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Qwerty_huddle

Reason for deletion: Not interested

--------------------
[quote]Keij said:
Some people just weren't meant to learn the truth. After all, if everyone knew the truth, what would we be fighting for?[/quote]

Invisiblekiowa27
educated idiot
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: best kept secret humidity & air exchange cheap !!! [Re: Qwerty_huddle]
    #8456937 - 05/28/08 07:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

you can't see the pictures because this thread is FIVE YEARS OLD...

--------------------
Evil is wasted on the wicked. Only the virtuous can truly plumb its depths, because only they have the necessary strength of conviction.

InvisibleQwerty_huddle
Trans-male

Loc: Texas, USA
Re: best kept secret humidity & air exchange cheap !!! *DELETED* [Re: kiowa27]
    #8460402 - 05/29/08 04:44 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Qwerty_huddle

Reason for deletion: Not interested

--------------------
[quote]Keij said:
Some people just weren't meant to learn the truth. After all, if everyone knew the truth, what would we be fighting for?[/quote]

Offlinecriddopher
SoulJah

Re: best kept secret humidity & air exchange cheap !!! [Re: Qwerty_huddle]
    #8461209 - 05/29/08 07:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I make these all the time they are all i use for AE and Humidity. I run the pump into a 2 lister of water with air stone then run a tube from the top of the 2 liter into my setup

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: best kept secret humidity & air exchange cheap !!! [Re: criddopher]
    #8461716 - 05/29/08 09:40 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

haha, didnt you see the big warning that said this thread is old as shit?

sorta weird though, i work at a large pet store and i was stocking shelves the other night and saw one of these for the first time and my first thought was using it in an FC

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

Offlinethashaman
Biophilosopher

#8462349 - 05/30/08 12:37 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I just bought one of these to give a try and it doesn't do shit. It's a piece of shit and anyone who buys one really is wasting their time. that is all.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates