Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

Starting to See the Bigger Picture w Yoga
    #17515836 - 01/08/13 05:22 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Been practicing for about six years now, and am developing with asana pretty well. But it's taken this long to start to see how it all comes together as a practice of self-realization (for lack of a better word....there are really no words to describe 'the bigger picture'....IMHO). Anyhoooo, here's something I know how to do now.

--------------------

May All Beings be Peaceful, Happy and Free

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Starting to See the Bigger Picture w Yoga [Re: FugueRider]
    #17515866 - 01/08/13 05:38 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

If I had to 'define it' (which as I said is impossible IMHO anyway). I would say Yoga is the act of letting go....of everything. It is 'nothingness'.....which is an increasing sense of total peace and freedom. But here's the catch 22 with that:

And instead of saying Yoga is 'nothingness', let it instead be said that Yoga cannot be defined in any way whatsoever. But if I say Yoga cannot be defined in anyway whatsoever, then what I have really said is: "Yoga cannot be defined in any way whatsoever, except for being defined by total indefinableness": Which has in effect made Yoga paradoxically definable.

So the 'trick' is to let go of even 'knowing' it is indefinable. That is the part that took so long to unwrap my mind from around. Now however, that I am achieving that, the many demons I've wrestled with, and which have haunted my life for so long are disappearing into the mist....slowly but surely.

I've coupled Yoga with a committed practice of Zen as well. And via these practices, freedom is coming in a way that was unimaginable to me when I started.

--------------------

Edited by FugueRider (01/08/13 05:55 AM)

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

#17515879 - 01/08/13 05:47 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Even developing the ability to access the infinity of mind with more precision, control and awareness than I ever did with psychedelics, to include ayahuasca, which I drank perhaps sixty to eighty times.

I gotta say though that I'm sure psychs helped along this path; especially aya. Aya(Hoo BOY!) She took me on a nightmarish journey through my own heart of darkness where I really, honestly felt I would totally lose my mind.

For a stretch of several weeks one time on ayahuasca, there were weeks to perhaps a couple of months where my 'spiritual vision' was filled with oceans of dead, rotting human corpses in an iconically hellish looking environment. I felt worms crawling on my brains. The entire religion I drank with (The Santo Daime) abandoned me since the way I spun out drinking aya was WAY to much for them to handle.

And it took two full years of my life wrestling with the demons that had awoken within to recover and fully regain my senses. For two years I turned into a huge-assed rage monster. The only thing that was missing was the green skin. I think those Santo Daime people may have actually become afraid of me.

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

#17515882 - 01/08/13 05:48 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You guys should have seen some of my rage/hatred/anger-fueled spin-outs on Facebook. They were CLASSIC!

I'm sure I got bleeped out of the newsfeed by everybody posting little heart emoticons.

--------------------

Edited by FugueRider (01/08/13 05:50 AM)

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
    #17515941 - 01/08/13 06:28 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

the evolution you talk about its very interesting... I am thinking in doing more meditation in the near future/present, and was even considering starting to do yoga! since my sisters husband is a yoga teacher, I have it easy for me, as i can start learning for free!

Now I'm also curious about this Santo Daime church... do you actually think these guys are actually evil?? I mean... like energy vampires feeding of your despair, implanting those demons you say you battled after being in the santo daime???

like you know  demons in disguise, wearing their more brilliant in angelic wrappings, but its all pure deceit....

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Starting to See the Bigger Picture w Yoga [Re: AIRDOG]
    #17515987 - 01/08/13 06:46 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

AIRDOG said:I'm also curious about this Santo Daime church... do you actually think these guys are actually evil?? I mean... like energy vampires feeding of your despair, implanting those demons you say you battled after being in the santo daime???

like you know  demons in disguise, wearing their more brilliant in angelic wrappings, but its all pure deceit....

I don't want to go into it too much, because the experience with them was so bitter. And I'm using 'demons' as a metaphor for the awesome struggle that awaited inside of me.

The Santo Daime is just a bunch of New Agers though. They have this whole vocabulary derivative of self-realization traditions, and they become very proficient with the language, but hardly a one of 'em knows anything of the reality.

Basically, the woman who led ceremony was frustrated with me (and justifiably so), so she assaulted me horribly (totally unjustifiable), refused to do so much as say I'm sorry, and when I completely spun out, the leader of the church in Boulder, CO gave specific instructions to everybody to abandon me "and just kind of hope it works out for old so and so".

And then they left me to rot.

The New Age (IMHO) is designed for people who want to feel 'spiritual' by donning the appearance of deep spirituality. But New Agers change and adapt everything as they go along to accommodate their ego, instead of actually allowing their ego to be diminished....which takes VERY great struggle for most people.

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

#17516001 - 01/08/13 06:53 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Basically about as derisive of other religions as I want to get is to say The New Age = ego-masturbation and self-love.

I think more highly of Christian fundamentalists than I do New Agers (having been a fundie at one point many years ago). For one thing, fundamentalists study. They have weird beliefs and stuff. But no-one can say they don't study. I've met very few New Agers who study, or actually have any kind of committed day-to-do spiritual practices. That takes WAY too much discipline for most New Agers.

Number two: At least Christian fundamentalists look out for each other. The same can't be said for at least the New Agers I got hooked up with.

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

#17516034 - 01/08/13 07:12 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

One tradition however, which New Agers do not draw from is Zen. And that is because Zen is not for the weak...AT ALL. Zen does not allow anyone to adapt the tradition to accommodate their glowing opinion of themselves. In Zen, you struggle in meditation, or you get the fuck out.

So no New Ager lasts more than a week in a Zen Center. They're just can't handle the idea that they're not able to tweak it as they go along. So they don't even know the traditions and vocabulary of Zen. I think that's pretty cool.

--------------------

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

#17517012 - 01/08/13 12:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I know you talked more like internal demons_struggle but...

I ask you of these things about demons because a former girlfriend I had got wired on this ayahuasca cult, that involved this entity the master guide referred to as arch-angel Samael "the golden eagle".

making just a little research i found out that such arch-angel did not exist... but there were records of a demon called samael, and it turns out that this aya cult was feeding its practitioners to such entity, and driving them insane....

these girl got more issues in the aya cult, than she resolved, and they left her schizo/parkinson afflicted, I guess if the santo daime are the same shit....

Edited by AIRDOG (01/08/13 12:05 PM)

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

#17518199 - 01/08/13 04:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

AIRDOG said:
I know you talked more like internal demons_struggle but...

I ask you of these things about demons because a former girlfriend I had got wired on this ayahuasca cult, that involved this entity the master guide referred to as arch-angel Samael "the golden eagle".

making just a little research i found out that such arch-angel did not exist... but there were records of a demon called samael, and it turns out that this aya cult was feeding its practitioners to such entity, and driving them insane....

these girl got more issues in the aya cult, than she resolved, and they left her schizo/parkinson afflicted, I guess if the santo daime are the same shit....

That's just terrible. There's a whole bunch of lightweights out there proclaiming themselves deep master of aya, and they don't know what the hell they are doing. I'll never touch it again unless I drink with a real bona-fide shaman. And anybody who proclaims themselves to have shamanic development is going to be put through a serious gauntlet to prove themselves worthy. I've started doing this already, and what happens is the lightweights become immediately offended.

A true shaman will let themselves be tested.

--------------------

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

#17519323 - 01/08/13 07:59 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FugueRider said:

how can one perform such a test???

I have read the book the way of the shaman by michael harner and it doesn't make much sense really....

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

Loc: Northland, New Zealand. Flag
    #17520743 - 01/09/13 05:18 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Don't listen to this dick, I hear stuck up moralist bullshit artist alarm bells.

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

#17520751 - 01/09/13 05:24 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FugueRider said:
Basically about as derisive of other religions as I want to get is to say The New Age = ego-masturbation and self-love.

I think more highly of Christian fundamentalists than I do New Agers (having been a fundie at one point many years ago). For one thing, fundamentalists study. They have weird beliefs and stuff. But no-one can say they don't study. I've met very few New Agers who study, or actually have any kind of committed day-to-do spiritual practices. That takes WAY too much discipline for most New Agers.

Number two: At least Christian fundamentalists look out for each other. The same can't be said for at least the New Agers I got hooked up with.

So you like them better than they because this is like that and what does not know how too... your ego appears just as not diminished at all as mine dick.

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

#17520761 - 01/09/13 05:30 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

AIRDOG said:
Quote:

FugueRider said:

how can one perform such a test???

I have read the book the way of the shaman by michael harner and it doesn't make much sense really....

I don't really know, and won't claim to be a teacher on how to do it. For a while though, I felt some kind of a need to keep drinking aya, and tried to hook up with some other Santo Daime people. And with those guys, the instant you try to get some bona-fides out of them they get all upset.

The next poster might be that way. Who knows? He calls me a "stuck-up, moralist, alarmist, bullshit artist", and a dick. Why? For wanting to know someone claiming to be something, is actually that thing.

There's a WHOLE bunch of ayahuasca lightweights out there who want other people to think highly of them, and to think they are deeply developed 'spiritual-people' and 'shamans'. Perhaps the reason I don't really know of a particular test, is because the few people I've put to the test become immediately offended. So they're lightweights.

This next guy who got all upset makes me laugh.

--------------------

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

#17520771 - 01/09/13 05:34 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I made you laugh, yet your suppose that I am upset?

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

Re: Starting to See the Bigger Picture w Yoga [Re: usulpsychonaut]
    #17520777 - 01/09/13 05:38 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

My ego has me by the balls, and I'm down with that. Honestly these claims of blah blah blah really are utterly meaningless. Not all Zen practitioners sat, but they all pissed and shat, are you listening long haired man with orange uniform? The only authority is myself.

Edited by usulpsychonaut (01/09/13 05:39 AM)

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

#17520870 - 01/09/13 06:27 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

usulpsychonaut said:...are you listening long haired man with orange uniform? The only authority is myself.

No. Been meaning to change that avatar; having grown suspicious of that whole 'spiritual look'; largely because of the ayahuasca experience I talked about on that other thread where you've been trying to troll me. It's a few years old, and I ain't really been around for a while. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

#17520877 - 01/09/13 06:30 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

usulpsychonaut said:
I made you laugh, yet your suppose that I am upset?

No dude. I'm sure you're not upset at all. You're the reason I like the Shroomery. People here say whatever the fuck they want to say. SO refreshing compared to other sites.

--------------------

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #17528477 - 01/10/13 04:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yoga saved my life. It also healed my mind in ways I never thought imaginable:heart: I definitely need to practice it more... Because it helps with my depreession and anxiety. And lately IVe been having a lot of both

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom