Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblewingnutx

Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate
    #1751913 - 07/26/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003 (Introduced in Senate)

S 1431 IS

108th CONGRESS

1st Session

S. 1431 To reauthorize the assault weapons ban, and for other purposes.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

July 17, 2003 Mr. LAUTENBERG (for himself and Mr. CORZINE) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL To reauthorize the assault weapons ban, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003'.

SEC. 2. DEFINITIONS.

(a) IN GENERAL- Section 921(a)(30) of title 18, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:

`(30) The term `semiautomatic assault weapon' means any of the following:

`(A) The following rifles or copies or duplicates thereof:

`(i) AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR;

`(ii) AR-10;

`(iii) AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, or Olympic Arms PCR;

`(iv) AR70;

`(v) Calico Liberty;

`(vi) Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU;

`(vii) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FNC;

`(viii) Hi-Point Carbine;

`(ix) HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, or HK-PSG-1;

`(x) Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;

`(xi) M1 Carbine;

`(xii) Saiga;

`(xiii) SAR-8, SAR-4800;

`(xiv) SKS with detachable magazine;

`(xv) SLG 95;

`(xvi) SLR 95 or 96;

`(xvii) Steyr AUG;

`(xviii) Sturm, Ruger Mini-14;

`(xix) Tavor;

`(xx) Thompson 1927, Thompson M1, or Thompson 1927 Commando; or

`(xxi) Uzi, Galil and Uzi Sporter, Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz).

`(B) The following pistols or copies or duplicates thereof:

`(i) Calico M-110;

`(ii) MAC-10, MAC-11, or MPA3;

`(iii) Olympic Arms OA;

`(iv) TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10; or

`(v) Uzi.

`(C) The following shotguns or copies or duplicates thereof:

`(i) Armscor 30 BG;

`(ii) SPAS 12 or LAW 12;

`(iii) Striker 12; or

`(iv) Streetsweeper.

`(D) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine, and that has--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a threaded barrel;

`(iii) a pistol grip;

`(iv) a forward grip; or

`(v) a barrel shroud.

`(E)(i) Except as provided in clause (ii), a semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

`(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

`(F) A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has--

`(i) a second pistol grip;

`(ii) a threaded barrel;

`(iii) a barrel shroud; or

`(iv) the capacity to accept a detachable magazine at a location outside of the pistol grip.

`(G) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

`(H) A semiautomatic shotgun that has--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a pistol grip;

`(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine; or

`(iv) a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds.

`(I) A shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

`(J) A frame or receiver that is identical to, or based substantially on the frame or receiver of, a firearm described in any of subparagraphs (A) through (I) or (L).

`(K) A conversion kit.

`(L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'.

(b) RELATED DEFINITIONS- Section 921(a) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following:

`(36) BARREL SHROUD- The term `barrel shroud' means a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel of a firearm so that the shroud protects the user of the firearm from heat generated by the barrel, but does not include a slide that encloses the barrel, and does not include an extension of the stock along the bottom of the barrel which does not encircle or substantially encircle the barrel.

`(37) CONVERSION KIT- The term `conversion kit' means any part or combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a firearm into a semiautomatic assault weapon, and any combination of parts from which a semiautomatic assault weapon can be assembled if the parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

`(38) DETACHABLE MAGAZINE- The term `detachable magazine' means an ammunition feeding device that can readily be inserted into a firearm.

`(39) FIXED MAGAZINE- The term `fixed magazine' means an ammunition feeding device contained in, or permanently attached to, a firearm.

`(40) FOLDING OR TELESCOPING STOCK- The term `folding or telescoping stock' means a stock that folds, telescopes, or otherwise operates to reduce the length, size, or any other dimension, or otherwise enhances the concealability, of a firearm.

`(41) FORWARD GRIP- The term `forward grip' means a grip located forward of the trigger that functions as a pistol grip.

`(42) PISTOL GRIP- The term `pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.

`(43) THREADED BARREL- The term `threaded barrel' means a feature or characteristic that is designed in such a manner to allow for the attachment of a firearm as defined in section 5845(a) of the National Firearms Act (26 U.S.C. 5845(a)).'.

SEC. 3. ELIMINATION OF SUNSET.

Section 110105 of the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Protection Act is amended--

(1) by striking `--' and all that follows through `(1)'; and

(2) by striking `; and' and all that follows through `that date'.

SEC. 4. GRANDFATHER PROVISIONS.

Section 922(v)(2) of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) by inserting `(A)' after `(2)';

(2) by striking `on the date of the enactment of this subsection' and inserting `as of September 13, 1994'; and

(3) by adding after and below the end the following:

`(B) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to any firearm the possession or transfer of which would (but for this subparagraph) be unlawful by reason of this subsection, and which is otherwise lawfully possessed on the date of the enactment of this subparagraph.'.

SEC. 5. REPEAL OF CERTAIN EXEMPTIONS.

Section 922(v)(3) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by striking `(3)' and all that follows through the end of the first sentence and inserting the following:

`(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to any firearm that--

`(A) is manually operated by bolt, pump, level, or slide action;

`(B) has been rendered permanently inoperable; or

`(C) is an antique firearm.'.

SEC. 6. REQUIRING BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR THE TRANSFER OF LAWFULLY POSSESSED SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS.

Section 922(v) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`(5) It shall be unlawful for any person to transfer a semiautomatic assault weapon to which paragraph (1) does not apply, except through--

`(A) a licensed dealer, and for purposes of subsection (t) in the case of such a transfer, the weapon shall be considered to be transferred from the business inventory of the licensed dealer and the dealer shall be considered to be the transferor; or

`(B) a State or local law enforcement agency if the transfer is made in accordance with the procedures provided for in subsection (t) of this section and section 923(g).

`(6) The Attorney General shall establish and maintain, in a timely manner, a record of the make, model, and date of manufacture of any semiautomatic assault weapon which the Attorney General is made aware has been used in relation to a crime under Federal or State law, and the nature and circumstances of the crime involved, including the outcome of relevant criminal investigations and proceedings. The Attorney General shall annually submit the record to the Congress and make the record available to the general public.'.

SEC. 7. STRENGTHENING THE BAN ON THE POSSESSION OR TRANSFER OF A LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICE.

(a) BAN ON TRANSFER OF SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPON WITH LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICE-

(1) IN GENERAL- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting at the end the following:

`(z) It shall be unlawful for any person to transfer any assault weapon with a large capacity ammunition feeding device.'.

(2) PENALTIES- Section 924(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`(8) Whoever knowingly violates section 922(z) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.'.

(b) CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT-

(1) IN GENERAL- Section 922(w) of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(A) in paragraph (2), by striking `on or before the date of enactment of this subsection' and inserting `in the United States on or before September 13, 1994';

(B) in paragraph (3)--

(i) by adding `or' at the end of subparagraph (B); and

(ii) by striking subparagraph (C) and redesignating subparagraph (D) as subparagraph (C); and

(C) by striking paragraph (4) and inserting the following:

`(4) It shall be unlawful for a licensed manufacturer, licensed importer, or licensed dealer who transfers a large capacity ammunition feeding device that was manufactured on or before September 13, 1994, to fail to certify to the Attorney General before the end of the 60-day period that begins with the date of the transfer, in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Attorney General, that the device was manufactured on or before September 13, 1994.'.

(2) PENALTIES- Section 924(a) of title 18, United States Code, as amended by subsection (a)(2), is further amended by adding at the end the following:

`(9) Whoever knowingly violates section 922(w)(4) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.'.

SEC. 8. UNLAWFUL WEAPONS TRANSFERS TO JUVENILES.

Section 922(x) of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in paragraph (1)--

(A) in subparagraph (B), by striking the period and inserting a semicolon; and

(B) by adding at the end the following:

`(C) a semiautomatic assault weapon; or

`(D) a large capacity ammunition feeding device.'; and

(2) in paragraph (2)--

(A) in subparagraph (B), by striking the period and inserting a semicolon; and

(B) by adding at the end the following:

`(C) a semiautomatic assault weapon; or

`(D) a large capacity ammunition feeding device.'.

SEC. 9. BAN ON IMPORTATION OF LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICE.

(a) IN GENERAL- Section 922(w) of title 18, United States Code, as amended by section 7(b)(1), is further amended--

(1) in paragraph (1), by striking `(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2)' and inserting `(1)(A) Except as provided in subparagraph (B)';

(2) in paragraph (2), by striking `(2) Paragraph (1)' and inserting `(B) Subparagraph (A)'; and

(3) by inserting before paragraph (3) the following:

`(2) It shall be unlawful for any person to import or bring into the United States a large capacity ammunition feeding device.'.

(b) CONFORMING AMENDMENT- Section 921(a)(31)(A) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by striking `manufactured after the date of enactment of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994'.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: wingnutx]
    #1752559 - 07/27/03 07:42 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Finally a productive and progressive bill.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: ]
    #1752606 - 07/27/03 08:29 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

your avatar is fucking sick!!

fuck you

--------------------

Anonymous

#1752624 - 07/27/03 08:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

considering that only 2% of murders in the US are commited by people using these weapons, one has to wonder about the intent of this bill's sponsors.

with any luck, this bill will not pass. i'd like to see the old assault weapons ban die too.

Anonymous

#1752627 - 07/27/03 08:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I was actually kidding. As long as no one is shooting at me, they can have all the guns they want.

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #1753042 - 07/27/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I can't think of anything bad coming out of this bill.. Why the hell would anyone need all this shit??? What would happen if someone broke in and stole it all?? The only reason I can think of for any of these weapons is maybe robbing a bank or protecting gang turf..

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: Bhairabas]
    #1753079 - 07/27/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well hell, since you can't think of a need let's just melt therm all down!

Hey, gunowners.... Bhairbas says we don't have a need for guns so we can get rid of them now.

Fuck the constitution.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1753181 - 07/27/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Bhairabas said:
I can't think of anything bad coming out of this bill.. Why the hell would anyone need all this shit??? What would happen if someone broke in and stole it all?? The only reason I can think of for any of these weapons is maybe robbing a bank or protecting gang turf..

That is what you get for trying to think. You most likely don't even know what half of the guns are. Furthermore since you are in Canada this doesn't affect you at all. Plenty of those guns have a purpose. The Ruger Mini-14 is a mainstay of the rancher. That is why it is known as a ranch rifle. It is an easy to use great all-around gun. This bill sucks balls! I better go buy another Mini-14 and a Mini-30 before they get banned.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: shakta]
    #1753191 - 07/27/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I just read over the text again. They want to ban the M-1 too? WTF? This is going to far. I disagree with the full auto ban, but can understand it. Now they want to ban anything basically that can shoot more than 10 shots? This is assinine. Time to write letters to my congressman for damn sure. According to the wording, a freaking 10-22 would be illegal. Fuck this!

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

#1753400 - 07/27/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Wowy I wish i new as much about guns as you guy's.. your soo cool.. Secondly most illegal weapons come from your country and end up in ares so it does effect me..

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1753417 - 07/27/03 03:50 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Bhairabas said:
Wowy I wish i new as much about guns as you guy's.. your soo cool.. Secondly most illegal weapons come from your country and end up in ares so it does effect me..

Yeah, it sucks when you don't know what you are talking about, huh? Got any proof about the illegal guns coming from here, or is just another one of those things you pulled out of your butt?

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

#1753451 - 07/27/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Actually yes most of the guns found here are traced to your country.. I know enough to know that most of them are automatic weapons.. There's no need for these unless your in a gang..

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1753457 - 07/27/03 04:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Then you don't know as much as you think.

Automatic weapons are in very low production and are tightly regulated.

Perhaps you mean semi-automatic weapons.

And your opinion of what is needed, is far less than worthless.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1753462 - 07/27/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Since you obviously know nothing about guns, how would you know what is needed?

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

#1753499 - 07/27/03 04:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My oppinion may be useless but your govenrment doesn't seem to think soo.. And to me not knowing much about guns is very high praize especially coming from you..

Offline284_27
Indocybin

#1753755 - 07/27/03 06:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Once again a person from north of the border chimes in with the socialist bent . We agree that your goverment is soviergn , if a bit of a cowardly nation . We do not try to press laws onto canada and it is our wish that you do not do the same to us . But once again you did prove your ignorance as to the fact that few guns in the hands of anyone besides goverments are truely automatics. By any chance are you french ? * yes i know that my spelling is not up to par , however do not wish to double check n spellcheck is down*

--------------------
"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson

Fly high and I will meet you there .
- Timothy Leary

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1753776 - 07/27/03 06:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I do think banning of assault weapons is pretty stupid. A bullet is a bullet. It doesn't matter if you get shot with a TEC-9 or a Baretta.If someone wants to go to work and shoot up everyone,I don't think having an assualt rifle or a handgun with a large clip is going to make a difference.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: 284_27]
    #1754313 - 07/27/03 10:32 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

284_27 said:
We do not try to press laws onto canada and it is our wish that you do not do the same to us .

Actually we do.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: z@z.com]
    #1754328 - 07/27/03 10:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

...and both countries should knock it the fuck off.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1755369 - 07/28/03 07:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wingnutx said:
...and both countries should knock it the fuck off.

I couldn't agree more with that. Unless something threatens us, let others do what they want. The WOD mentality is what makes this difficult for most of our politicians. It isn't just the conservatives either. Most Dems think the same way about drugs.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1760010 - 07/29/03 03:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

they're going to keep banning more and more guns.

Then they'll have the only good ones, so if they piss us off enough for us to actually want to physically fight back, we won't be able to.

This is very basic stuff - even Hitler knew to get most of the guns away from his citizens before he started attempting to take over the world.

I remember reading something back in school about a "second amendment" - I think it had something to do with giving any American the right to own weapons; not just spit-ball-shooters; real weapons.... hmm I'm not sure though; that may have just been a dream.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (07/29/03 03:32 PM)

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: z@z.com]
    #1762222 - 07/30/03 08:42 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

z@z.com said:
Quote:

284_27 said:
We do not try to press laws onto canada and it is our wish that you do not do the same to us . 

Actually we do. 

Zing!  Gotcha, beeotch :smile:
Good article, [Email]z@z[/Email] 

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Anonymous

#1762498 - 07/30/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

robbing banks, stealing guns, and participating in gang shootings should be illegal and severely punished. owning a semiautomatic rifle should not.

you see, i have this crazy notion... this idea that unless your actions harm or endanger another human being, you should be allowed to do as you damn well please.... no such thing as a crime with no victim, if you will... if i own an assault rifle, and store it and shoot it responsibly, who is being harmed or endangered? who is the victim of this "crime"?

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1798650 - 08/10/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I just read the entire text of this proposed bill again, and it pisses me off even more. Especially the pistol section. That would make most of the semiautomatic handguns illegal. This bill sounds like it would make most of the guns in the country illegal. All you would be able to buy after it would be a regular old pump shotgun, bolt action type rifle, or a freaking six shooter. Damn near every semi-automatic gun would be illegal. I just picked up a Mini 14 today with 2 5 round clips, 2 20 round clips, and 2 30 round clips for $400. Pretty sweet deal. I will post some pics of it later for anyone that may be interested.

Anonymous

#1798666 - 08/10/03 03:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

it would indeed make a hell of a lot of guns illegal. i have no doubt that it's a measure of gun control totally beyond what is allowable by any stretch of reasonable constitutional interpretations.

i'd like to be legal about any arms that i carry and own, but it's looking more and more that owning weapons and obeying the law will be exclusive events in the near future.

oh well... it's not like it'll be the only thing illegal going on...

if i've got trays of horseshit fruiting all over the place, i suppose it doesn't matter much if the rifle i own is illegal too, you know?

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1798770 - 08/10/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yean, but getting busted with an illegal M-16 for example, will get you in deep poo poo. My roomates Dad just get a M-16A2 that was sold in '94 before the ban. It has the collapsable stock, the flash suppresor, and something else that I can't remember. It is not full auto, just single fire. This gun if not purchased before the ban is already illegal. I don't really see why though. Does the collapsable stock, make it more dangerous than one without? I don't see how. Both versions will kill just the same.

He had to get a letter from Bushmaster that states it is legal because it was made and sold before the ban. With this he could sell it to an individual if he wants. He keeps the letter with the gun at all times. Anyway, it is a sweet ass gun for sure. I am thinking about trying to trade this Mini 14 for a Mini 30 somewhere. The Mini 30 uses the 7.62 round instead of the smaller 5.56 round the M-16 and Mini 14 use. With some gunsmithing the Mini 30 can be an accurate longer range big game rifle that packs quite a bit of punch. The ammo for both of them is about the same price.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #1799200 - 08/10/03 06:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Beware of getting cheap surplus ammo for the Mini 30 - it is corrosive! Guns from the former Eastern block countries such as the SKS designed to fire the same cartridge (7.62 x 39) have chrome lined barrels so they can use the cheaper ammo. Many people consider the 7.62 x 38 (Nato aka .308) to be a superior round for hunting and the M1A Rifle is much more accurate than the Mini 30. Also, many quality hunting rifles are chambered for this round. If the M1A is too expensive for your tastes, have a look at the Remington model 7400.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Anonymous

#1799760 - 08/10/03 09:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Why do I disagree with everything the government does? Most of the legislation passed is horrible but once in a while they'll slip in a nugget of goodness. I don't really have a problem with the structure of the government. I guess it's the people in power that I disagree with. Some have no respect for the constitution or the bill of rights. What a country. It makes me sad.  :frown:

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: Autonomous]
    #1800931 - 08/11/03 07:34 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think I am just going to keep the Mini 14. I found a site with a lot of info about simple gunsmithing that can be done to it to make it a lot more accurate. This gun will be for plinking and small game hunting more than anything else. I think I am going to get a 7mm Mag for a deer gun.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order