Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: wingnutx]
    #1760010 - 07/29/03 03:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

they're going to keep banning more and more guns.

Then they'll have the only good ones, so if they piss us off enough for us to actually want to physically fight back, we won't be able to.

This is very basic stuff - even Hitler knew to get most of the guns away from his citizens before he started attempting to take over the world.

I remember reading something back in school about a "second amendment" - I think it had something to do with giving any American the right to own weapons; not just spit-ball-shooters; real weapons.... hmm I'm not sure though; that may have just been a dream.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (07/29/03 03:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: z@z.com]
    #1762222 - 07/30/03 08:42 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

z@z.com said:
Quote:

284_27 said:
We do not try to press laws onto canada and it is our wish that you do not do the same to us . 

Actually we do. 

Zing!  Gotcha, beeotch :smile:
Good article, [Email]z@z[/Email] 

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Anonymous

Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: Bhairabas]
    #1762498 - 07/30/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I can't think of anything bad coming out of this bill.. Why the hell would anyone need all this shit??? What would happen if someone broke in and stole it all?? The only reason I can think of for any of these weapons is maybe robbing a bank or protecting gang turf..

robbing banks, stealing guns, and participating in gang shootings should be illegal and severely punished. owning a semiautomatic rifle should not.

you see, i have this crazy notion... this idea that unless your actions harm or endanger another human being, you should be allowed to do as you damn well please.... no such thing as a crime with no victim, if you will... if i own an assault rifle, and store it and shoot it responsibly, who is being harmed or endangered? who is the victim of this "crime"?

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: ]
    #1798650 - 08/10/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I just read the entire text of this proposed bill again, and it pisses me off even more. Especially the pistol section. That would make most of the semiautomatic handguns illegal. This bill sounds like it would make most of the guns in the country illegal. All you would be able to buy after it would be a regular old pump shotgun, bolt action type rifle, or a freaking six shooter. Damn near every semi-automatic gun would be illegal. I just picked up a Mini 14 today with 2 5 round clips, 2 20 round clips, and 2 30 round clips for $400. Pretty sweet deal. I will post some pics of it later for anyone that may be interested.

Anonymous

Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: shakta]
    #1798666 - 08/10/03 03:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

it would indeed make a hell of a lot of guns illegal. i have no doubt that it's a measure of gun control totally beyond what is allowable by any stretch of reasonable constitutional interpretations.

i'd like to be legal about any arms that i carry and own, but it's looking more and more that owning weapons and obeying the law will be exclusive events in the near future.

oh well... it's not like it'll be the only thing illegal going on...

if i've got trays of horseshit fruiting all over the place, i suppose it doesn't matter much if the rifle i own is illegal too, you know?

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: ]
    #1798770 - 08/10/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yean, but getting busted with an illegal M-16 for example, will get you in deep poo poo. My roomates Dad just get a M-16A2 that was sold in '94 before the ban. It has the collapsable stock, the flash suppresor, and something else that I can't remember. It is not full auto, just single fire. This gun if not purchased before the ban is already illegal. I don't really see why though. Does the collapsable stock, make it more dangerous than one without? I don't see how. Both versions will kill just the same.

He had to get a letter from Bushmaster that states it is legal because it was made and sold before the ban. With this he could sell it to an individual if he wants. He keeps the letter with the gun at all times. Anyway, it is a sweet ass gun for sure. I am thinking about trying to trade this Mini 14 for a Mini 30 somewhere. The Mini 30 uses the 7.62 round instead of the smaller 5.56 round the M-16 and Mini 14 use. With some gunsmithing the Mini 30 can be an accurate longer range big game rifle that packs quite a bit of punch. The ammo for both of them is about the same price.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: shakta]
    #1799200 - 08/10/03 06:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Beware of getting cheap surplus ammo for the Mini 30 - it is corrosive! Guns from the former Eastern block countries such as the SKS designed to fire the same cartridge (7.62 x 39) have chrome lined barrels so they can use the cheaper ammo. Many people consider the 7.62 x 38 (Nato aka .308) to be a superior round for hunting and the M1A Rifle is much more accurate than the Mini 30. Also, many quality hunting rifles are chambered for this round. If the M1A is too expensive for your tastes, have a look at the Remington model 7400.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Anonymous

Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: wingnutx]
    #1799760 - 08/10/03 09:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Why do I disagree with everything the government does? Most of the legislation passed is horrible but once in a while they'll slip in a nugget of goodness. I don't really have a problem with the structure of the government. I guess it's the people in power that I disagree with. Some have no respect for the constitution or the bill of rights. What a country. It makes me sad.  :frown:

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Text of new Assault Weapons Ban introduced in Senate [Re: Autonomous]
    #1800931 - 08/11/03 07:34 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think I am just going to keep the Mini 14. I found a site with a lot of info about simple gunsmithing that can be done to it to make it a lot more accurate. This gun will be for plinking and small game hunting more than anything else. I think I am going to get a 7mm Mag for a deer gun.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates