Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
First Dagga impressions!
    #1750513 - 07/26/03 01:05 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I recieved a two ounce bag of Wild Dagga in the mail today.
It has a very pleasant odor of hearbal and green tones and sweet notes as well. The bag is mostly green leaves with a few small tubular flowers mixed throughout.

I went to my smoling place and selected a old, small, mahogany hash pipe that had been cleaned and not used for some time.

I ground the leaves with my fingers being sure to include flowers in the mix and packed the bowl. I lit it with a stick match and carefully tasted the mix. The smoke flavor is not as bad as I have read, not unpleasant but not wonderfull either. I closed the lid of the bowl and dragged deeply for the second inhalation. The Dagga sprang to life and produced thick rich smoke that was much stronger this time arround. I held this in for 30 or 40 seconds and exhaled completely before the next go. Four tokes each bowl and four bowls later no noticeable effects but a nice resinous flavor in my mouth.

I returned to the house and on my way back I began to notice small and very mild effects, this being somewhere arround T+10.

Now, I can't describe this as being "High" but there is a definite baseline change but it is subtle and most like the tail end of a decent MJ buzz. Withh a definite relaxing wave and loosening of facial and neck muscles and clearing of thought. I think the extracts will be better, any comment? I also think this will be good mixed with Motherwort and california poppy for a relaxing end of day smoke.

I am pleased and allthough the effects are NOT as memorable or powerfull as MJ I will be using this Herb as a base for mixtures in the near future and it will be a permanent addition to my inventory of Entheotools.

In the same shipment I also recieved a gram of 5x Salvinorum and an ounce of leaf salvia. This will be my first sally experiment but not right yet as I have no one to sit with me. Later tonight I will commence with the experiment.

Would those of you who are "in the know" suggest starting with the leaf or the extract?

Thanks in advance for your input, time to go sample some more Dagga!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: First Dagga impressions! [Re: TattooedSoul]
    #1750555 - 07/26/03 01:31 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Four more bowls and T+35 or 40 and I have found a more interesting effect. Deeper and more center than before but still very mild.
Some of the sensation seems to come directly from the lungs, maybe just smoke soaked tissue, I don't know.
But still there is a very subtle niceness about this herb, not too heady, very soft and subtle, Subtle is a good thing!

I am even more convinced now that the addition of California poppy and motherwort will enhance it's properties and add missing constituentes. Maybe even a small ammount of Datura Flower or Salvia for kick?

Edited by TattooedSoul (07/26/03 01:32 PM)

Barred Spiral

Re: First Dagga impressions! [Re: TattooedSoul]
    #1750716 - 07/26/03 02:45 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

TattooedSoul said:
I think the extracts will be better, any comment?   

I order a gram of the resin and tried it out yesterday. I wasn't too impressed, and all I really felt was less tension in my body. Still, that's not too bad if you're looking for something just to relax with. So far I've smoked wild dagga resin, and a "burning blends" called Diviner's Three which has wild dagga, blue lotus, and salvia. It's not bad, but it's a lite buzz at best. It's almost not worth smoking. Of course, that's just my current impressions, so I'm hoping they'll change :wink:

If you don't have a sitter, I'd start with the leaf of salvia. Otherwise go with the 5x extract. It took me 3 times before I was able to get very good results from it. I recommend after you "get where you want to be" to just close your eyes and see what happens.  :stoned:

The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden