Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePsychotiic
Stranger
bulk substrait maneuar and straw, how do you make it pin?
    #17352767 - 12/07/12 11:52 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

ok the block is inside a baking tin ready to fruit i covered it a clear lid and ivevwaited avwhile nothing has happened along the pinning, but the mycilium is growing.  anyways i want to know once you colonize a bulk straw and poo combo, what do you have to do to fruit it.  i only know brf tek cakes and do the dunk and roll.  ive tried the same application with the poo and straw and no fruits, so i guess my main and only point what is the proper way to fruit poo/straw since the brf pf tek technique didnt work; im now guessing you cannot fruit straw/poo like the brown rice flour cakes. thanks for your help and please be kind im just above a beginer at this i just want these bulk substraits to fruit.  also ones that ive yried to fruit like brf tek cakes are they still useable?

--------------------
]I have Pink Buffalo 2nd Gen Spore Prints and Cambodia 2nd Gen for trade P.M. if your interested.
LOOKING FOR PENIS ENVY UN-CUT, PENIS ENVY 6, AND A+ OR ALBINO A+

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offline00funG.I.00
Amateur Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: bulk substrait maneuar and straw, how do you make it pin? [Re: Psychotiic]
    #17352789 - 12/07/12 11:58 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Well for majority of mushies, fruiting is caused by a number of factors.. CO2 levels, light, humidity, sometimes temp etc...
what are the conditions of your tub?

If your asking if your BRF cakes are still "active" the answer is yes,but the potency is sometimes unpredictable.

OfflinePsychotiic
Stranger
Re: bulk substrait maneuar and straw, how do you make it pin? [Re: 00funG.I.00]
    #17352816 - 12/08/12 12:03 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

high humidity i fan a few times a day about 72 degress the normal needed for the cakes to fruit since i have cakes fruiting now just the bulk tins arnt working, could someone post the straw poo fruiting tek please im sorry ive searched all over here and all i got nothing

--------------------
]I have Pink Buffalo 2nd Gen Spore Prints and Cambodia 2nd Gen for trade P.M. if your interested.

OfflineBjJiggles
Gym seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #17352864 - 12/08/12 12:14 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Fruit it just like anything else...You need near 100% RH, 95-100% will be alright, and FAE is a major pinning trigger, possibly the biggest...

--------------------

Alan Rockefeller said:No!  Do not feed the type collection of a new species to animals!

OfflinePsychotiic
Stranger
Re: bulk substrait maneuar and straw, how do you make it pin? [Re: BjJiggles]
    #17353074 - 12/08/12 01:08 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

so you can treat a bulk block of poo/straw like a brf tek cake and fruit that way, btw there are no holes in any my tubs i just read about FAE ill start is that only issue

--------------------

OfflineBjJiggles
Gym seeker
 User Gallery

#17353319 - 12/08/12 02:30 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

It's hard to give you a lot of advice w/o pics, but if you build a proper SGFC with 1/4" holes every 2" on all 6 sides w/ 4" of moist perlite at the bottom you can just put it in there like a BRF cake, no dunk and roll just fruit as is... Fan 3-4 times a day and mist as needed to keep the substrate moist(moisture evaporating from the surface is probably the biggest pinning trigger...

--------------------

Alan Rockefeller said:No!  Do not feed the type collection of a new species to animals!

OfflinePsychotiic
Stranger
    #17354510 - 12/08/12 12:05 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

What about having holes bput the hight of the block and a fish pump pump fresh air in and holes on the lids that shouldforce out co2 and inside will be fresh O2 right

--------------------

OfflineBjJiggles
Gym seeker
 User Gallery

#17355525 - 12/08/12 03:56 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Seems a lot more complicated than making a SGFC, which has been proven to work... That being said you can try whatever you'd like, and it might work, but nobody is gonna gaurantee it. If you wanna do it that way, you'll just have to find out for yourself... Good luck

--------------------

OfflinePsychotiic
Stranger
    #17356859 - 12/08/12 08:21 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the help I just don't have the money for a humidifier right now.  Then ive
only read one thread on a sgfc

--------------------

Edited by Psychotiic (12/08/12 08:22 PM)

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #17356938 - 12/08/12 08:38 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psychotiic said:
Thanks for the help I just don't have the money for a humidifier right now.  Then ive
only read one thread on a sgfc

A SGFC does not require a humidifier.

http://www.mushroomvideos.com/Terrarium-Tek

OfflinePsychotiic
Stranger
Re: bulk substrait maneuar and straw, how do you make it pin? [Re: PussyFart]
    #17356956 - 12/08/12 08:42 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

yea i just figured out what it was, i stopped drilling hoes cause at my old house i kept getting fruit flies layin eggs on my shit and fucking them up.  well ill use them again i didnt realize he meant shotgun fruiting chamber lol im dumb.  anyways does that really make that big of a difference having so many holes?  well i drilleda bunch and put a fish rock air pump in the bottom to replenish fresh O2 and hopefully that will cause positive presure pushing out the cO2, but im still a beginer grower so hopefully i have a great new idea not just another fail

--------------------

OfflineBjJiggles
Gym seeker
 User Gallery

#17357524 - 12/08/12 10:38 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry I should have clarified.. And ya it works wonderfully for small projects, it allows a ton of air exchange while maintaining near 100% RH, and it's very simple to make, definitely worth it in the end...

--------------------

Offlineev0lfung
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #17357545 - 12/08/12 10:41 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

my 3" straw trays are birthed like BRF jars.  I birth, dunk and load up on FAE.

OfflinePsychotiic
Stranger
Re: bulk sub strait maunuar and straw, how do you make it pin? [Re: ev0lfung]
    #17359496 - 12/09/12 09:08 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

ok well thanks for the help, ill try it all.  I have just had zero luck with bulk the only thing I can get to grow are half pint jars of brf tek and its pissing me off because I have gotten little return from them.  I saw a post abouting crushing them and then casing them and I should get lots more correct from the BRF jars?  anyways I am glad that you have all helped, I didn't realize that my issue was FAE (LOL before you posted that I didn't even know what FAE was I had to search for it on here just like SGFC lol)  can you recommend a post or a tek for beginners that works well for bulk.  and when i say begginger keep in mind Im really good at PF tek and spore print making and pasteurization but I cant ever get shit to fruit unless its a BRF PF TEK.  Anyways thanks guys if they fruit I send you a pic of the mushies.

--------------------

Edited by Psychotiic (12/09/12 09:09 AM)

OfflineBjJiggles
Gym seeker
 User Gallery

Re: bulk sub strait maunuar and straw, how do you make it pin? [Re: Psychotiic]
    #17360040 - 12/09/12 12:21 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not sure what Tek it is, it's been awhile since I had to look for one, but my first suggestion would be stay away from straw being so new, it's fairly easy to contaminate... I would stick with a coir or manure based substrate..., I've always had the best luck with using a mix of bout 60%coir 40% manure and throwing in about 20% vermiculite to that product... After those are mixed I usually throw in some gypsum at about 7% of the final product, then get the moisture content right and pasteurize... If you want something simple and hard to mess up the Damion5050 coir Tek is very simple, but i like the way I do it better and it's not much more complicated....

When Starting bulk I think the easiest way is to make trays, some kind of plastic tray works best as the mycelium can degrade the aluminum ones, or a monotub, although i think trays a little simpler than monotubs.. I would definitely build a proper SGFC... that way when it's ready to fruit you just put it in there like a cake, minus birthing/dunking, you could do it that way if you wanted but there really isn't a need, especially at first, keep it simple... You'll have enough moisture for your first flush if you just mist when needed... Then you can dunk for second flush...

Crumbling your cakes and casing them is more trouble than it's worth, and will not increase your yield by much... That being said, if your not familiar with grain spawn yet, crumbling your cakes and spawning them to any of the bulk substrates mentioned above can be very beneficial...

Spawning your bulk substrates with grain spawn is the best IMO but spawning with cakes will work also, it's how I did my first 3 or 4 bulk grows until I got a pressure cooker...

Just keep doing research on bulk grows and find how somebody did it that's close to what you want to do that was successful... Don't cut corners and keep everything as clean as possible, and you'll get it... Good luck, lemme know if you have anymore questions...

--------------------

OfflinePsychotiic
Stranger
Re: bulk sub strait maunuar and straw, how do you make it pin? [Re: BjJiggles]
    #17501001 - 01/05/13 11:26 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

so for an update thanks for the info about what you gave me i just finished a my first sucessful bulk flush got about an OZ instead of like 1/8:grin:
thanks for the help im going to try and attempt even bigger next time

--------------------

OfflineBjJiggles
Gym seeker
 User Gallery

Re: bulk sub strait maunuar and straw, how do you make it pin? [Re: Psychotiic]
    #17502213 - 01/05/13 04:30 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Congrats dude!!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies