Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWldChild
Daytripper
Female

Loc: Illinois
Newbie from Illinois...need help
    #1749513 - 07/25/03 11:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Helloooo!! Ok, I've been exploring for awhile in different areas of Illinois (mostly Chicago and surrounding burbs)-state parks specifically.  I have a field guide (audobon soc. 2003), been researching, and stuff.  I would like to know what happy mushrooms most likely reside in north illinois (aside from the poop ones :eyemouth:).  We've been getting lots of rain lately and humidity has been great, so I've been successful in finding mushrooms, but I would actually like to start searching for the fun ones, aside from the ones that you can cook with (I know about that forum :wink:).  Sorry got so long, just wanted to provide some info!! Tanks! :crazy2: 

--------------------
"If the door of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to a man as it is, infinite."
William Blake

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLTBOOMER
Harpua
Loc: Lietuva
Re: Newbie from Illinois...need help [Re: WldChild]
    #1749521 - 07/25/03 11:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

pan subbs.

--------------------
NOTICE: THIS POST IS A WORK OF FICTION AND IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

"I wanna remember to remember to forget you forgot me"

Offlinesoluble_dreams
N,N on the floor

Loc: Too Dark Park
Re: Newbie from Illinois...need help [Re: LTBOOMER]
    #1749531 - 07/25/03 11:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've heard of P. Semilanceata being a readily available mushroom all around WI in fall, in pastures and well soiled grassy 'rank' fields.
I'm guessing that they probably grow as far south as Chicago with no problem, but I'm just one to assume that.. there are a lot of people who would have better judgement on that matter in this forum.. :wink:
As far as I know, P.  Semilanceata is quite distributed throughout the areas in the U.S. where they can grow sucessfully, along with some QUITE prolific areas in northern Europe.

PS: I've been lurking this forum for about two months now.. I think this is my first post.. ehehe.

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Newbie from Illinois...need help [Re: soluble_dreams]
    #1749621 - 07/25/03 11:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

soluble_dreams said:
I've heard of P. Semilanceata being a readily available mushroom all around WI in fall, in pastures and well soiled grassy 'rank' fields.
I'm guessing that they probably grow as far south as Chicago with no problem, but I'm just one to assume that.. there are a lot of people who would have better judgement on that matter in this forum.. :wink:
As far as I know, P.  Semilanceata is quite distributed throughout the areas in the U.S. where they can grow sucessfully, along with some QUITE prolific areas in northern Europe.

PS: I've been lurking this forum for about two months now.. I think this is my first post.. ehehe. 

This is pretty much false.  I live in these areas and own forested land in north/central Wisconsin which also has farms near it, and in all of my hunting in these areas, and on farm pastures I never found anything remotly similar to P. Semilanceata.  I seriously doubt it grows in WI or IL.  Althrough the climate it lives in is similar, I think it could grow here, but I will continue doubting it until I see proof.  I don't think anyone has ever found one here that has documented it.  I've never seen or heard of it published anywhere that you can find this mushroom in Wisconsin.  If i'm wrong someone please inform me, because I need to start hunting harder then.  :smile: 

Pan Subbs are about the only active Mushroom you'll find in Wisconsin or Illinois, and unfortunality they're very weak and don't contain all that much 'happy' substance in them.  You'd probably have to eat about 15-20 medium sized dry ones to even get a level 1-2.   

OfflineWldChild
Daytripper
Female

Loc: Illinois
Re: Newbie from Illinois...need help [Re: Snobrdr311]
    #1750356 - 07/26/03 10:47 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well shit...I new living in Illinois sucks but damn:(  Oh well, I guess I should start shit hunting then.  Thanks for all the help though :grin: 

--------------------
"If the door of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to a man as it is, infinite."
William Blake

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification