Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekilla
journeyman
final tips on taking hbwr?
    #1749283 - 07/25/03 09:12 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ok i ordered my hawaiian baby woodrose seeds and got email confirmation of my order today, they said my order had been mailed out, so hopefully i will receive the seeds either tomorrow (saturday) or monday. However i am still a little unsure how to dose with these. I was told to try 7 seeds (which is the entire contents of the packet i have ordered). Now it is the preparation of the seeds i am unsure about... i read on the site i ordered them from to scrape the outer layer off then briefly flame for a few seconds, but on here i read to flame then remove the layer... what would you recommend? also, what colour is the layer i am trying to scrape down to? do i scrape until its white or what? since i am taking 7 seeds i will be putting them into (2) 3.5 capsules... should i just take both capsules at once, or take one, wait a while then take the other?

Finally, what should i expect from 7 seeds? (please make no references to other psychedelic drugs as this will be my first psychedelic trip)

Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: final tips on taking hbwr? [Re: killa]
    #1749347 - 07/25/03 09:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It is a widely accepted practice to scrape off the outer layer of the seeds.It is said that it removes much of the seed's defence that causes the bodyload of HBWR.FLaming it,if not done carefully , can destroy the alkaloids of interest in the seeds.The layer you must remove is a pretty distinct one...

Have a look at this thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1749332&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=

Dosagewise i cannot offer you any concrete advice...The potency ofthe seeds may vary greatly from supplier to supplier.How adventurous do you feel?

As far as expectations are concerned i suggetst you look at http://www.erowid.org/plants/hbw/hbw.shtml ,especially at the "Experience" section. IMHO once you "educate" yourself about the nature of the seeds,you should approach the experience void of any expectations and embrace it as it is.Knowing what to expect is always a wise move,but turning it into a rigid self fulfiling prophecy might not be equally wise!

Hope ive been helpfull....

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
    #1749360 - 07/25/03 09:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I was told to try 7 seeds (which is the entire contents of the packet i have ordered).

If your seeds are quality HBWR (Argyreia Nervosa), then seven seeds might be too much. I recommend four or five seeds. On the internet, it is reported that the proper dosage is between 6 and 13; this is because a) people are inexperienced and do not know what they are talking about b) their seeds are of poor quality. With true argyreia nervosa, one only needs to consume five seeds maximum. Anything more and you'll get sick (not pleasant).

i read on the site i ordered them from to scrape the outer layer off then briefly flame for a few seconds, but on here i read to flame then remove the layer... what would you recommend?

No need to burn your seeds. This only causes degradation. Nor is there a true need to scrape your seeds of the outer layer.

Scraping the seeds in an attempt to reduce nausea/discomfort is misguided and built upon myth. The only reason to scrape your seeds is to make pulverization of the seeds that much more easier. Pulverization is essential to consuming HBWR, by the way.

See my post about how to prepare HBWR: here

Considering the fact that you've never tripped before, I advise you to not eat seven seeds. You wont be able to handle it.

I wish you luck on your journey.

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
Re: final tips on taking hbwr? [Re: Psiloman]
    #1749365 - 07/25/03 09:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

good post psiloman :smile:

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
    #1749367 - 07/25/03 09:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Flame first then scrap off (start with unprepared seeds).After you burn off the outer layer scrap off the burnt stuff to where the seeds look like dark peanuts with white fuzz. Make sure you count those 2-3 burn seconds fast.

Make sure you waste no seeds when preparing because you only have 7.
Space out every cap 15 min each.

Expect what you make of it. :wink:

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
Re: final tips on taking hbwr? [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #1749376 - 07/25/03 10:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Make sure you waste no seeds when preparing because you only have 7.

Unless you weigh 300 lbs, seven seeds even is more than enough. Five seeds of quality HBWR is optimal - anything more is totally uncomfortable. Five seeds, man.

Space out every cap 15 min each.

Good advice. Definitley space out your dosage - no need to shock your system.

Offlinekilla
journeyman
Re: final tips on taking hbwr? [Re: iglou]
    #1749469 - 07/25/03 10:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

OK thanks for the replies everyone... say i was to take 5 seeds and they wernt that potent (just supposing), would taking the other 2 produce stronger effects or would they have no effect at all?

Offlinekilla
journeyman
    #1749482 - 07/25/03 10:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

is there any easy way to extract the psychoactive chemicals from the seeds without the chemicals that cause sickness/body load etc?

Divine state

#1749934 - 07/26/03 02:25 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Iglou I have found HBWR to have a very unique quality to the trip manifests only in high doses. I'm not saying that magic isn't still there in low doses. Its just way harder to point out. A high dose HBWR trip has a very spaced/dreamy quality unlike any thing else. Has an intense mental theme for each experience.
High dose where you can think crystal clear and have the universe at the palm of your hand. Around your corner of your eyes there is a white static pulse that shifts and grows.

Low doses seem to make one uncomfortable and irritable. Best bet is going for 7 seeds and see this strange world.

The dose I prefer is 3 caps (10.5 seeds). This is to get best trippy results.
The effects are unlike any thing on the earth....

So taking two caps (7 seeds) is ok if you want a happy trippy vibe with alots of acid-like (but different) visuals and mental themes.
I have found it to be very social drug even on high doses.

My first time I was on HBWR I made the mistake of taking 14 seeds. I watched cartoons most of the night but at my peak I watched Spiderman (The one where he goes to some weird island with some cow god statue) and it was so tripped out.

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
    #1750566 - 07/26/03 01:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

no offense, but you must have some really weak seeds or an iron stomach, then :smile:

In my experience, there is somewhat of a limit to the psychedelic effect. Meaning, anything after seven seeds or so will not make you trip further/harder/deeper - it will only serve you nausea and bodyload on a flowery-patterned plate :smile: In my opinion, the best path for newbie hbwr users is to start will minimal dosages (two or three) - and work their way up to their own personal, optimal dosage (mine is four/five).

It is not very kind to recommend 10.5 seeds to someone who is inexperienced. hbwr is quite subjective - best to start low and find your own niche.

oh yes, hbwr are a wonderful entheogen. They open up this great connection to the plant world - I literally see flowery patterns - plants seem more alive then usual. HBWR is definitely a "green" trip -great for the outdoors (be sure to bring a blanket and someone to make love to - hbwr also creates this great physical euphoria not unlike mdma). 

Divine state

Re: final tips on taking hbwr? [Re: iglou]
    #1750961 - 07/26/03 05:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Iglou its not like I am saying to take 10.5 seeds your first time. But when you burn the outer layer you don't have to worry about the side effects. Thus you can go into a hard trip with HBWR with no limited effect. I think the side effects make the psychedelic effects be very limited to a small dosage if not burnt.

TRY IT YOUR SELF AND SEE!

BURNT IS THE WAY TO GO!!!! You can take high doses and get more psychedelic effect with NO side effects. A level 5 hbwr trip is so interesting to other psychedelics
and your mind plays music that sounds like intense Goa/psytrance music but each sound has its own place and its very mellow.

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia
    #5220574 - 01/25/06 05:18 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

flaming them will maybe burn some lsa, but not much unless you cook it to a crisp. by the way it smells like burnt popcorn

--------------------
"Sanity is not statistical."

OfflineKurenchai
Gnome

Loc: The Garden
Re: final tips on taking hbwr? [Re: DinahTheCat]
    #5220579 - 01/25/06 05:22 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Lol, this thread is from 2003 buddy. We shall let it die now.

--------------------
things that are oooobvious...

InvisiblesuiM
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: final tips on taking hbwr? [Re: Kurenchai]
    #5220590 - 01/25/06 05:26 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

:lol: its funny when people do that. Ive done it once or twice. Reading back posts and forget your reading a post that was made a couple years ago.

--------------------

$30, help me out and buy one!
Square Store - https://squareup.com/store/peace-angel-clothing-ent

Paypal - peaceangelclothingent@gmail.com

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: final tips on taking hbwr? [Re: sui]
    #5220596 - 01/25/06 05:32 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

HBWR, careful of the strain, some have very little alks. Most have a ton.
DEEER, but this is from 2003. Lets kill it.

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia
Re: final tips on taking hbwr? [Re: stemmer]
    #5225856 - 01/26/06 02:25 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

whooops.

--------------------
"Sanity is not statistical."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience