Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
I was thinking...
    #1746977 - 07/25/03 02:39 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

maybe I should become a fat fuck of a Buddhist monk and live in a monastery sitting on my ass getting a fat fucking ass and by doing so reducing the suffering on the pl/anet. What the fuck? What a stupid idea!

Better one: I should become a monk and wear orange clothes and live in a gross third world city and breathe car exhaust all day and beg for money but be a monk, so it's ok to be a dirty beggar who sits on his ass and does fuck all because everything's an illusion, and just because I have the gout and a gangrenous shin, it doesn't matter because as long as I become enlightened I'll transcend this reality and live in (get this) some kind of everlasting paradise where there's no suffering (original).

Or here's an idea: I could NOT do that and enjoy life a little more and find a path to enlightenment which involves comfy beds, hot chicks, and opiates. When I'm smoking my opium on a big feather bed with naked women all around me pleasuring me, I can be like "this is all an illusion" and find enlightenment between the thighs of one of those hot chicks on TV, only she'd be way hatter and always be airbrushed because reality is an illuesion so I can make her whatever I want.

Basically, holy people are a bunch of scam artists. Dirty bums,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Dogomush]
    #1746985 - 07/25/03 02:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Not only that, they are all stereotypes as well... :wink:

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1746994 - 07/25/03 02:49 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Nah, they aren't stereotyped enough. I'm the stereotype. If everything was a stereotype paradise, I would walk into a temple and be like "you guys are crazy!! Why don't you go drink beer???" And then they'd be really calm and wise, and bald and white-bearded and they'd look up from their meditating and be like "Oh, misled one, you must find the beer within" and then I'd be like "wow I could be drunk for free all my life." And I'd have a life-changing experience, and then the music would change and I'd watch the sunset.

But in reality, I'd walk into the temple and they'd try to steal my gold watch. I'd be like "Hey, you guys are crazy!!" And they'd be like "raw raw !!" and they grab my arms and bite into my wrists and try to suck my blood but I'd scream "back, back!" and hit them with a cane, and then they'd pull out switchblades and become mexican stereotype barachos and cut me up wit rusty razorblades, and then it woul d be so sad, because I was just about to get out of the ghetto because I just got a sweet baseball scholarship, and my death would be so tragic, and my mom would cry and say "It was those DAMN DRUGS!!" and a cop would be inspired and he'd put on a vest and grab a gun that is silver and then he'd hunt down the "drug" dealers and shoot them, because they corrupt the youth. And they'd all be rastafarians who practice voodoo.

Everything I've said is the truth.

OfflineQuadrant6
Blood Red Eyes

Loc: Holland
    #1747426 - 07/25/03 08:10 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I dont think living in a monestery and being a bum are exactly the same. Monks work for a living, i dunno how much work, but food is grown, monestery maintained. You could also be a bum, that is your choice. Monks probably dont slave themselves, because they dont need to. They live in a spiritual world where they eat, sleep, and live. They are able to use mother natures fruits to provide them with sufficient food without working 9-5 monday through friday.

You can enjoy all that great stuff too, and still find enlightenment, just know what you are doing. I sleep on a good bed, and eat good food. I am not shamed of it, however i know there are people out there less fortunate than me and it makes me kinda sad. Our economy has a couple hundred Billionaires, while over a billion people live like absolute shit. The people who work for thier money are often making less than they deserve, the middle man making the majority of the money off thier work, then that person turns right around and gives it right back to them in exchange for a product that is way over inflated in price in order to live.

Do what you want, but beware of what we are doing to our earth, and those inhabitants of that earth.

SLEEP WELL

--------------------
"Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire."
Jorge Luis Borges

Offlinetitan_shroomer
master of dreams
Loc: i am a universe
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Quadrant6]
    #1747574 - 07/25/03 09:22 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

y cant every one (or most people) live like that were they
grow their own food and practice martial arts all day

--------------------
fuk the police
-NWA

im not an anarcist im a FREEDOM fighter
-Me

God damn it i dont like this brain i want a new one.
-Me

nothing happens till it moves
-Eistien

OfflineQuadrant6
Blood Red Eyes

Loc: Holland
Re: I was thinking... [Re: titan_shroomer]
    #1747588 - 07/25/03 09:28 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I would like to. I have no land to grow food on though, and if i tried i would get shut down by the man and forced to pay taxes ;o

--------------------
"Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire."
Jorge Luis Borges

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Quadrant6]
    #1747712 - 07/25/03 10:40 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

<doctor j> "I want nothing"

<buddhist monk> "All the more for ME!!!"

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1748260 - 07/25/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Most monks practice martial arts and meditation 60% of the day... and the rest growing their own food and living in peace..how are they bums?

Live and let live, man. We are all on individual paths.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1748285 - 07/25/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

When I'm smoking my opium on a big feather bed with naked women all around me pleasuring me, I can be like "this is all an illusion"

*Swami shucks orange robe* Where do I sign up?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Swami]
    #1748298 - 07/25/03 01:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"Most monks practice martial arts and meditation 60% of the day... and the rest growing their own food and living in peace..how are they bums?"

wowww! they are bums because they beg for money and trick people into giving them their hard earned cash. A buddhist is no better than a heroine junkie. Actually, a buddhist monk is far worse because he is rich and drives a mercedes benz.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: I was thinking... [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1748345 - 07/25/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Why should you care soo much on how other people choose to live their own lives?? All Buddhists want in the world is to promote peace and harmony to people such as your self who feel that they have to judge and categorize people as they see fit.. Your oppinion really doesn't matter beyond your own ego driven world .. Why don't you try and think about things that you like rather then rant about how much you hate everything.. Also try and figure out where your negetivity comes from.. Is it all the people around forcing you to hate them?? or is it you ??

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: I was thinking... [Re: Bhairabas]
    #1748369 - 07/25/03 01:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

well, because they trick people into giving them money. Im not a big fan of deception and theivery. Ego driven world??? listen jack, you dont know shit about buddhist monks, I suggest you investigate a little and shatter your own ignorant stereoypes.

bhairabas, im gonna break it down for you plain and simple:

you dont know shit. Especially about me, Im not a negative person at all, but im not a big fan of stupidity and ignorace. You have constructed a false persona of me that does not exist, can you understand that????

and dont use the ego argument as a scapegoat when you dont agree with someone, it makes you look naive and delusional.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1748469 - 07/25/03 02:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Anybody that hasn't read the book should check out The accidental Buddhist by Dinty Moore. It is an easy read and a great introduction to Buddhist thinking. You can read a little bit of the book at: http://www.randomhouse.com/boldtype/0299/moore/excerpt.html.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1748495 - 07/25/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

...I'm wondering, how exactly do they 'trick' people into giving them money?

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Seuss]
    #1748496 - 07/25/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Fuck you I have friends who are Buddhist monks and they aren't anything like the way you decribe them.. Sure there's a few out there that might be but it doesn't give anyone the right to judge them or me for that matter.. For someone who wants to see postivity in the world you have a funny way of manifesting it..

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #1748504 - 07/25/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This is not directed at anyone in particular...but could we please stop with the personal attacks/insults?

Attacking an IDEA is one thing. That's what a good argument is.

But there is no need to attack EACHOTHER, just the ideas  :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: I was thinking... [Re: Sev]
    #1748511 - 07/25/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

wooops! hahaha

--------------------

Edited by atomikfunksoldier (07/25/03 02:21 PM)

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: I was thinking... [Re: Sev]
    #1748512 - 07/25/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

well, they brainwash them into thinking that somehow a buddhist monk os spiritually superior to the common man, then create a infrastructure (monastaries etc) to support this idea, and create lots of publicity that makes people relate monks to...buddha/buddhist ideals. when in fact, monks aint shit, they are just lazy rich bastards.

when your average ignorant man who is tricked by all this marketing sees a buddhist monk standing on the side of the street ringing his bell he thinks "wow, he is on the true path to enlightenment, i should help him in his quest that supports the ideals I agree with" but in reality, monks dont adhere to buddhist ideals at all, in fact, many encompass the exact opposite of buddhist ideals.

no to mention that even the idea of BEING A BUDDHIST condradicts buddha's message.

dharma practice is acceptable, being a "buddhist" is not.

--------------------

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

#1748516 - 07/25/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think the main problem here is too much TV and not enough book reading. Try a book called Esoteric Buddhism. Maybe you'll gain a new point of view.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #1748524 - 07/25/03 02:23 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"no to mention that even the idea of BEING A BUDDHIST condradicts buddha's message."

that, I agree with. just like being a "christian" is contradictory to christ's message.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order