Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: hepa filtered cleanroom [Re: TheUnknownPoet]
    #17502358 - 01/05/13 04:56 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I've used a positive pressure box many times, mine worked fine.

I switched to a SAB because it's actually easier.

With a SAB, I can flame sterilize outside the box and easily get the needle back in the SAB.

Although that set up could possibly work, it's much easier to just use a SAB. That setup will still have the same inconveniences as a SAB without adding a new level of sterility.

I feel ya on the SAB sucking, but, it really is the best option until you get a flowhood.

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblehoobatech

Re: hepa filtered cleanroom [Re: TheUnknownPoet]
    #17502387 - 01/05/13 05:01 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheUnknownPoet said:
Oh my goodness guys. There's a specific reason I am asking for this, i obviously KNOW that a flowhood is better, but i don't have NOR CAN I GET  a flowhood. PLEASE, stay on topic and let me know if this would work as well. i understand there are better ways, but that does not necessarily mean I can use such better ways.

Last i checked, Cleanrooms were not laminar flow, and all i have access to is hepa filters which are NOT laminar flow, and i need to make this work somehow. there is no other option.

A am using a still air box currently, and i fucking hate it.

It sounds like your looking for a more economical step up between your SAB and a proper flow hood. The short answer is that there isnt one.

keep scouring ebay/CL for lab liquidation companies and try to find a deal that way, or DIY a flow hood.
I think i picked mine up from ebay for under $300 and its been money well spent.

from wikip to clarify why a cleanroom doesnt need laminar flow-
A cleanroom or clean room is an environment, typically used in manufacturing or scientific research, that has a low level of environmental pollutants such as dust, airborne microbes, aerosol particles and chemical vapors. More accurately, a cleanroom has a controlled level of contamination that is specified by the number of particles per cubic meter at a specified particle size. To give perspective, the ambient air outside in a typical urban environment contains 35,000,000 particles per cubic meter in the size range 0.5 μm and larger in diameter, corresponding to an ISO 9 cleanroom, while an ISO 1 cleanroom allows no particles in that size range and only 12 particles per cubic meter of 0.3 μm and smaller.

InvisibleFungal growth
Lootinint
Male User Gallery

Loc: under a rock in your yard
Re: hepa filtered cleanroom [Re: hoobatech]
    #17504711 - 01/06/13 01:24 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

allz i'm saying is if you can bankroll a cleanroom what's the big deal with a flowhood?
but anyway, what sort of hepa filters do you have?
are you planning on sourcing all supplies locally?

OfflineCrazymofomonk
philosopher
Male

Loc: west coast
Re: hepa filtered cleanroom [Re: Fungal growth]
    #17505515 - 01/06/13 06:29 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Well you could make self healing ports on your lids and stuff poly fill in. Theres teks  in it if you look

--------------------
don't lose yourself

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]