Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

I did the first step yea!!!
    #1747065 - 07/25/03 05:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OK so all my sterilized jars with brf/verm are sitting in a container waiting to be innoculated. Before I do this I have some questions. Can I just rub down the needle with alcohol to sterilize or do I have to go buy some of that alcohol that burns clean then flame sterilize it? Also: I have 5 jars I think im going to use my syringe for all 5 does that sound about right? Is there anything bad about using too much? Also.. When I peel off the tape, and innoculute, should I replace the tape or use the same tape I sterilized the jars with? Thanks! I can't wait till I have little shroomies poping up =]

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: I did the first step yea!!! [Re: whole9]
    #1747096 - 07/25/03 05:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Can I just rub down the needle with alcohol to sterilize or do I have to go buy some of that alcohol that burns clean then flame sterilize it?

Yep, alcohol will work fine, but flaming it and sticking it into a alcohol soaked cotton ball to cool is even safer. I just use alcohol now, but my needle never touches the substrate.

Quote:

I have 5 jars I think im going to use my syringe for all 5 does that sound about right? Is there anything bad about using too much?

2cc per jar? Thats not too much, spread over 4-5 injection sites. The only thing that could be bad about using too much is excess water.

Quote:

When I peel off the tape, and innoculute, should I replace the tape or use the same tape I sterilized the jars with?

You should use the same tape as it is already sterilized.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: I did the first step yea!!! [Re: ATWAR]
    #1747102 - 07/25/03 06:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OK Man im just gonna go at it right now hopefully no unwanted contams get into my jars =D

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
Re: I did the first step yea!!! [Re: whole9]
    #1747104 - 07/25/03 06:09 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

why waste the whole syringe on 5 jars tho?
wouldnt it be nicer to save some as a backup in case things go wrong?

i use about 1/2 a syringe on 2-3 jars, but im talkin quart jars....
when i did PF i got about 10 jars per syringe....

eh, i guess im a tightwad or something......
but spores last forever now.... thank you G2g

[hyp]

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: I did the first step yea!!! [Re: hyper_dermic]
    #1747129 - 07/25/03 06:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I use about 1/2cc per half pint of grain, but they can be shaken. I never did the PF tek much, but 1/2cc per hole was typical. I would agree to save some just in case, but they are his spores, and he asked if it was too much... Not really. A whole syringe per hole would be too much. I tend to recommend shooting in less to avoid the risk of something hiding in that water, or with those spores. The less you squirt in there, the better the chances of just mushroom spores getting in. That is my own opinion though, it?s better to risk slightly slower colonization than contamination or standing water in the bottom of you jar.

Then again, spores are easy to come by so why worry about wasting them? You can get hundreds of times more come harvest...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation